Lyon vs Sharp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
isn't it amazing of all the players that Manly have "offloaded" none have gone elsewhere and fired a shot and yet Peter Sharp has almost come up smelling of roses. Question is would we take Sharp back to replace Desmond??

I might be mistaken but was Stuart Raper not successful in England? Was Shaun McRae not successful in England?

Is the ESL an accurate barometer of coaching skill?

I might be mistaken but was Stuart Raper not successful in England? Was Shaun McRae not successful in England?

Is the ESL an accurate barometer of coaching skill?

Spto on Isz.

ESL is a second rate compatition and it is little wonder that second rate coaches excell there.

[quote author=Kiwi Eagle]
Would have been nice to see Sharp get a run at the club with some decent cattle

He had decent cattle for at least the first year. Maybe the second as well.
[/quote]

Nothing like the type of squad we have has the past 2-3 years though. Plenty of very average players he had running round. Didnt he take over after Bozo jumped ship after losing 7 straight or something ?

No, No ,No....Sharp had his chance and did nought with it. Des to have one more year (one more week if Dunley is preferred over any one else, including Ryan) , Roach out, out, out.

The direction we all want to see the club take is forward. To even contemplate Sharp as a coach at Manly once again is just taking backward steps.

I was no fan of Sharp but he was only really a coach of Manly for 5 mins. The Beagles were never going to be a success as it is impossible to merge what was Manly and Norths. He had little support, no club with heart and the politics demanded that he fail. I have a friend who is good mates with him who claims that he did the job with dignity, despite the knives in the back (primarily for Norths Morons) and chose not to kick the cat when he left. Good luck to him! His performance with Parra and Melbourne shows he can coach a bit to be sure!!!

...and when he told the players to "Get F****ed" at half time in the Penrith debacle a week out from (and missing) the finals I am sure all his dignity was on display. Sorry CW, he forgot to motivate the troops for the game that mattered and left with nothing.

If the players couldn't motivate "themselves" for the game that mattered what hope would the coach have been. Are players that braindead and programmed that they can't fire up on there own nowdays? You shouldn't need the coach to gee you up for a game.

If the players couldn't motivate \"themselves\" for the game that mattered what hope would the coach have been. Are players that braindead and programmed that they can't fire up on there own nowdays? You shouldn't need the coach to gee you up for a game.
I agree Nod, but the Panfers were running last, sharpie was in line for coach of the year and I have no doubts he forgot to focus on the game at hand and it spilled though to the player's attitudes. Not worth arguing about, but he gets a huge dose of blame from someone who was there to witness a pathetic capitulation.

It was plain embarrassing when he got so excited to see Manly score...Dead set looked like a country hick. Brian Smith certainly calmed him down !!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4