Lyon the 5/8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
this Line about Travis Burns from Dessie in the Manly Daily certainly make me think so

`We expect him to be more mature and put pressure on first grade.''

Yeah - I thought the same thing Disco.

But also think about it like this. Saying it like the way Des has, is certainly motivation to excel.

If you were Burns, you'd bust your balls in the off season to get in there.

Good work Dessy !!!

Burns will learn a lot from Orford and Lyon. I still think he would suit 5/8 inside Lyon.

Not really ground-breaking, but I heard today from a bloke very close to the team that Jamie Lyon will be playing 5/8 & that Dessie does plan to give Travis a go at hooker. It appears that as a result Dunley will be struggling to play first grade next season.

It appears that as a result Dunley will be struggling to play first grade next season.

This is the best news all off season. And he can take his mate Willo with him to PL and give the younger guys a go.

So this is what we are looking at. Is this a Premiership Team? Possibly.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Steven Bell
05. Chris Hicks
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford (c)
08. Jason King
09. Michael Monaghan
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Luke Williamson

14. Travis Burns
15. George Rose / Sione Finefeuiaki
16. Mark Bryant
17. Jack Afamasanga / Jason Wells / Glenn Stewart

I am with Tookey on this Willo should be in Reggies, suely there are better options than him

Perhaps someone will put their hand up at the start of the year but unless there is a standout backrower in the trials I expect Willo to be in the run on side for the 1st few rounds.

A what fight?

Angry dad lashes out at Lyon

Father of two and former ironman Mick Porra, the father of two teenagers who were among a group allegedly bashed at the Manly cab rank this week has lashed out at Sea Eagles star Jamie Lyon suggesting he did not do enough to help stop the attack.

Warriewood's Mick Porra told The Manly Daily yesterday he was angry and believed Lyon could have done more to stop the brawl, which took place early Monday morning.

Police have been told Lyon was with a Manly Jersey Flegg player and another man when they approached a group of five females and two males at the rank.

The group alleges a member of Lyon's party launched an unprovoked attack on one of the males and also struck a female.

Porra, a well known surf lifesaving figure, confirmed Lyon did not get involved in the fight.

But the former ironman believes the star player could have done more to intervene.

Mr Porra has now banned his daughter from going to Manly at night and claims his children are now too frightened to be there after dark.

``They are scared of the place. ``We've banned our daughter from going there but none of them want to go back anyway,'' he said.

Mr Porra is angered the Australian international reportedly refused to intervene.

``I'm just as angry with him as I am with the other bloke.''

Lyon was interviewed by Manly officials yesterday and denied he just stood by.

``I have no recollection of doing that,'' Lyon told the Daily through club officials.

Manly CEO Grant Mayer added: ``I've spoken to the parties involved and we've got to be careful about making accusations before all the facts are known.

``We will continue to do our own investigation while letting the police do their job.''

Maybe we have a future Wes Ngaima in Jersey flegg?

I see the Dad didn't lash out at the other guy with Lyon and the Flegg player, or the other male that was there. A rugby league player's involved so the guy's gotta have a whinge. He's having more a cry about Lyon then the guy that actually beat up his son.

Also, I HIGHLY doubt the attack was unprovoked.

I see the Dad didn't lash out at the other guy with Lyon and the Flegg player, or the other male that was there. A rugby league player's involved so the guy's gotta have a whinge. He's having more a cry about Lyon then the guy that actually beat up his son.

Also, I HIGHLY doubt the attack was unprovoked.

agreed- I highly doubt it was unprevoked as well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4