Lyon TBA

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Surely NSW just need to follow the precedent set by Queensland in previous years with Tuqiri and Carroll?

they closed that loop hole.

It's a weird one, because if Lyon gets selected he is ruled out of Manly game regardless of outcome of Judiciary. But if they don't get selected then he misses the Manly game if he loses at the Judiciary.

Only an exception can be made if he was to be selected for NSW and is ruld out due to ban and wanted to play for Manly.

I don't even think it is worth looking at. Neither does Gordon Tallis. He think its a bit outrageous that he's even been sighted.

I thought more so Buderous and Lillyman I think it was who he said should be looked at.

Buderous for standing on fiens face (accidental IMO) and llillyman, spear tackle that wasn't even looked at.

It would be interesting too see if there are any Parramatta faithful on the judiciary panel or match review committee.

He might get it downgraded and then be able to play.

DVS Matt is right in that the loophole was closed to name a TBA until after the weekend game.

I they wanted to be sneaky they could name an injured player like Gasnier, Lyon serves his suspension this weekend and then he comes into the team on Monday night to replace the injured player who fails a fitness test on Monday arvo. Nothing would be wrong with that technically.

Manly's ploy to turn Jamie Blue
By Dean Ritchie
May 15, 2007

It's the ultimate payback to Queensland. Manly will today submit a radical plan to the NRL in a bid to have gamebreaker Jamie Lyon freed to play for New South Wales in Origin I.

The Sea Eagles centre is facing a one-match suspension after yesterday being charged with a grade one dangerous throw on Parramatta winger Eric Grothe on Friday night.

Any suspension was thought to rule Lyon out of Origin I in Brisbane tomorrow week.

But Manly is planning to name Lyon in its side at 9am today - two hours before the Blues side is announced.

This way, Manly claim Lyon's one-match suspension could be served in next Monday night's game against Brisbane - freeing him to play for NSW.

If chosen for NSW, Lyon would have been unavailable for the Broncos match at Brookvale in any case.

The bold plan to clear Lyon will infuriate Queensland, but the Maroons are no stranger to Origin tricks.

Four years ago they successfully pulled off a similar trick to have Lote Tuqiri freed to play.

The Maroons named "TBA" in their side, Tuqiri served a suspension for Brisbane on the weekend and then starred in a midweek Queensland Origin victory.

The TBA loophole was later closed but Manly's strategy of naming the player before the Origin side is picked is a new one.

NSW selectors are aware of Manly's plan.

if it hasnt been already closed then they should be allowed on the precendent. Then it probably should be closed.

I like this ploy. Name him for Monday. Give those rabid Cane Toads something in their morning paper to spit their weetbix and milk all over. :twisted:

I like this ploy. Name him for Monday. Give those rabid Cane Toads something in their morning paper to spit their weetbix and milk all over. :twisted:

We don't really care who you pick, we prefer to beat your topside ;)

But at least the milk comes from cows that aren't confused by daylight saving and is eaten behind unfaded curtains. ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4