Lyon may remain a Saint

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
ST Helens sensation Jamie Lyon has dropped the broadest hint yet that he may shun a lucrative return to Australia to stay at Knowsley Road.

The Australian centre has been widely tipped to return to his homeland when his existing two-year contract expires at the end of the current Super League campaign.

Reports have claimed Lyon, who picked up the Man of Steel award last year after a sensational debut season in the UK, has already rejected an offer from the newly formed NRL club Gold Coast Titans.

The 24 year old's impact at St Helens has attracted admiring glances from several other clubs in the NRL, notably Manly.

But Lyon suggested after making an outstanding start to his second year in Super League that he could sign a highly-paid deal to extend his stay at St Helens.

"I definitely wouldn't rule it out," Lyon said.

"I've had a ball over here so far and even if I don't win a trophy with the club I would still have had the best two years of my life.

"It's an amazing club and there's a lot of great people here. The style of football Saints play is ideally suited to my game and I'm enjoying myself so much."

Lyon, who joined Saints from his hometown club Wee Waa Panthers, has played a key role in helping Daniel Anderson's side to seven straight wins this term to justify their pre-season tag as title favourites.

But it has been suggested he could find the lure of a return to Australia – and with it the chance to resume his representative career with New South Wales and the Kangaroos – too good to turn down.
Lyon, whose classy play has drawn comparisons with Mal Meninga, who played for St Helens in 1984, insists he remains undecided.

"I'm going to sit down with Saints and have a talk with them and we'll go from there," the former Parramatta player said.

"It's early days but hopefully we can get a few more wins and sort it out then - maybe in the middle or towards the end of the season.

"It's flattering to know other clubs are interested and it's good to have options, but the main thing at the moment is to just try and play some good football.

"If I do that then the more options there will be open to me."

Saints' 46-0 victory at Hull on Friday confirmed their awesome potential and left Lyon to set his sights firmly on capturing silverware after last season's trophy-less campaign.

The Knowsley Road club finished top of the table but a cruel run of injuries at the end of the regular rounds last year put paid to its grand final hopes.

Lyon, who scored 24 tries last term, said that disappointment had provided the players with motivation to succeed this time around.

"I think not getting a trophy last year is definitely spurring everyone on," he said.

"It was disappointing last season, especially for the local lads because it probably hurt them a little bit more than it hurt the rest of the boys.

"All the other players who aren't locals want to help them out this season and get a trophy for them.

"Confidence is sky-high at the moment and everyone is enjoying themselves.

"I've been pleased with my form so far but it helps when the team is going so well."

Press Association

Oh no, Zorba mentioned somehting similar on radio a few weeks ago.

So much for the mail he was signed sealed and delivered already

There's still Cooper / Gasnier and I'm sure a few others that may be willing to make the treck:-

Harris
Randall
Heckenberg
Hoppa
Donald
Alberts
Hill
Mullane

and I'm sure a fe more this year (maybe even Beaver) are too many players to lose for Orford / Bell.

Rose / Wells can almost included themselves in players that have left Premier League, so wouldn't take up too much senior cap.

Regardless of what happens, we will get a blue chip signing.

I'd take Ben Creagh, Staurt Fielden etc...but obviously, the thought of Lyon Bell in the centres is the most attractive scenario.

Ashton Sims and Jamie Lyon would be great additions to our side!!!

Sims is young and can play backrow and frontrow, just what we need.

give Meaney a go before shelling out the big bucks.
IMO our front row is poor, get Fielden.
Guys on here are cheering about King making 70 metres, i just had a look on the Broncos forum and they were unhappy with Civoneciva making 228 metres!

Yeah - I agree mate. Everyone says King had a good game. That's for KING, not the norm...

Reading between the lines though, he is talking in past tense.

"I've had (instead of having) a ball over here so far and even if I don't win a trophy with the club I would still have had (pas) the best two years of my life.

Though with Lyon, perhaps we don't have him, but perhaps we do and this is all thearitics to avoid anti-tampering issues.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6