Lyon and Matai Charged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Exactly. The direction in which to run plays is a change that is easily made. Anyone who has played at any senior level knows that.

Unless he contests it and wins he will be gone for at least a week after carry over points from an incedent in the super league

Lyon made over 30 tackles!!!! Yet they were running away from him were they? Your argument is laughable.

And I am not debating the fact that Lyon and Bell are our best centre combo. However, to suggest a bloke getting suspended is good for our team is ridiculous

Where did I say lyon was a defensive liability?
They would have run away from him hence running at Bells side of the field

hence my argument remains

No your argument doesnt remain. You said, "because all week they trained as if lyon would be there". My point, if they were running at Bell and not Lyon, why did Lyon still make over 30 tackles.

They directed their attack away from Matai, and if you watch the game with both eyes open, you will see why.

No your argument doesnt remain. You said, \"because all week they trained as if lyon would be there\". My point, if they were running at Bell and not Lyon, why did Lyon still make over 30 tackles.

They directed their attack away from Matai, and if you watch the game with both eyes open, you will see why.

**** I cant believe 3 years on for this site and people still cant follow the idea of a thread

ok shall we break it down

YOU said that they ran most of the attack towards Bell....

Which means they thought bell was a weaker defender than Lyon so they trained as if Lyon would be there, hence targeting their attack away from him and down the other side

I would draw a picture but I dont have a scanner

[quote author=clontaago]
No your argument doesnt remain. You said, \"because all week they trained as if lyon would be there\". My point, if they were running at Bell and not Lyon, why did Lyon still make over 30 tackles.

**** I cant believe 3 years on for this site and people still cant follow the idea of a thread

Which means they thought bell was a weaker defender than Lyon so they trained as if Lyon would be there, hence targeting their attack away from him and down the other side

[/quote]

No you ****ing idiot, its me that has to explain. Nodd gets it, why cant you?

My point is that all of their attack was aimed at Bell.

You said, thats because they trained as if Lyon was playing on the other side of the field. I said, If thats the case, why did Lyon make over 30 tackles.

If there original plan was to run away from Lyon, why did he still make over 30 tackles?

Do you get it yet or do you want me to draw a picture?

Matai is a liability. Didn't drop the ball but conceded a penalty and invited the slime down to our try line. The stuff he does is just not needed, full stop. Jamie is all over the place defending and that's why his stats are always great. Lyon's defensive play is what's keeping us at the top of the ladder, as is Burns. We got there without Matai and his problematic play, which says it all.

[quote author=Daniel]
[quote author=clontaago]

[/quote]

You said, thats because they trained as if Lyon was playing on the other side of the field. I said, If thats the case, why did Lyon make over 30 tackles.

If there original plan was to run away from Lyon, why did he still make over 30 tackles?

[/quote]

No the plan was they would aim their attack at one side, as most teams do. They chose the weaker defender.

It is pretty hard not to run your attack at the 5/8 when he is in the middle of the park. Try and avoid him all you want but he is going to wrack up tackles.

You dotn seem to get it you think the game plan wa specifically "run away from lyon" no the plan was aim your attack at the weakest of the two sides.

Given the choice, Lyon/robbo or Hicks/Bell they chose bell. so spend a week training all your kicks all your attack close to the line down that side, you arent goign to change it 10 mins prior to the game.

You didnt need to explain it I already knew what you were saying, however it was so far from what i was saying I didnt quite think it needed mentioning.

How you can think Matai is a better defender I do not know.

3 good games at the back end of last year, to which i credited him at the time, does not make up for his glaring deficiencies

I am glad he is out of the team and the team is better for it.

On top of that we dont need Lyon adding to the halves mix where we already have enough problems fitting 4 players into 3 spots, 5 makes it even harder!

weakest link he must go

lets grab that bow, stretch it out and see just how long we can make it huh.

LEts put it out there straight then

Centre

Lyon or Matai?

So if you have Lyon in the centre

who would your halves and hooker be out of

Burns
Orford
Monas
Ballin

Lyon. Bit hard though if he is 5/8. If Lyon is 5/8 Matai to centre.

yes But Nodd.

What I am saying is matai has no place in the team if we have Lyon in the team. He had no right moving Ballin out of the team, there is no reason i can see and he showed me that he still doesnt fit the team more than ballin

So for mine he is the weakest link and showed again on Friday why he is

[quote author=clontaago]
[quote author=Daniel]
[quote author=clontaago]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No the plan was they would aim their attack at one side, as most teams do. They chose the weaker defender.

It is pretty hard not to run your attack at the 5/8 when he is in the middle of the park. Try and avoid him all you want but he is going to wrack up tackles.

You dotn seem to get it you think the game plan wa specifically "run away from lyon" no the plan was aim your attack at the weakest of the two sides.

Given the choice, Lyon/robbo or Hicks/Bell they chose bell. so spend a week training all your kicks all your attack close to the line down that side, you arent goign to change it 10 mins prior to the game.
You didnt need to explain it I already knew what you were saying, however it was so far from what i was saying I didnt quite think it needed mentioning.

How you can think Matai is a better defender I do not know.

3 good games at the back end of last year, to which i credited him at the time, does not make up for his glaring deficiencies

I am glad he is out of the team and the team is better for it.

On top of that we dont need Lyon adding to the halves mix where we already have enough problems fitting 4 players into 3 spots, 5 makes it even harder!

weakest link he must go

[/quote]

The bolded section is the biggest load of crap I have ever read. Coaches change their tactics on the spot all the time. What do you think happens when a coach is trying to hide a weak or injured player? The half back detects it immediately and starts directing plays down that side. It happens every week.

If Hagan thought Matai was a liability, he would have directed the plays down his side, plain and simple.

Cente Lyon > Matai. Lyon being a far better right hand centre than Bell.

5/8, imo, Lyon > Burns. Defence, Lyon is better, Attack, Lyon is better imo. Long term i see Burns as a Hooker, Ballin over him in that possie too, so IMO Burns is the perfect bench utility

Onto the whole issue, last season Burns and Matai were the exact same player, lots of potential, over aggressive leading to penalties, defensive positioning questionable.
Matai improved all those areas at the end of last season, and has had 1 full game and continued that.
Burns has also improved all those areas over the offseason

So why does only 1 of them get the credit when both are at about the same level ?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2