Lyon and Matai Charged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai have been charged with offences from the Round 9 clash against the Eels.

Matai has been charged with a grade 3 careless high tackle that has a base charge of 175 points but due to a similar prior offence an early plea carries 196 points and if contested and lost has 262 points. Unless Matai contests and wins he will definitely miss next Monday’s game against the Broncos.

Jamie Lyon has been charged with a grade 1 dangerous throw that carries with it a 112 points. This creates some confusion over Lyons availability for State of Origin or Manly. Stay tuned for further clarification.

****ing good job with matai getting done. Lets hope this anchors him in PL where he belongs

When was Lyon's tackle. I didn't see anything like a dangerous throw anywhere on Friday night.

Anyone but Matai

I dont care if Lyon cant cover it I can not stand matai and detest that he was put in over Ballin on Friday.

It was like watching Randall back in the side, "oh whats he going to do...oh yeah run down the blind side...."

When was Lyon's tackle. I didn't see anything like a dangerous throw anywhere on Friday night.

52nd minute on Eric Grothe.

Grothe dropped the ball and a scrum was formed.

No penalty at the time, although it did look like it would be penalised from where i was sitting on the hill.

Anyone but Matai

I dont care if Lyon cant cover it I can not stand matai and detest that he was put in over Ballin on Friday.

It was like watching Randall back in the side, \"oh whats he going to do...oh yeah run down the blind side....\"

108 metres gained. The highest of all of our backs. Not sure what the problem is. Blind side, open side, 108 metres is 108 metres. One of only 3 backs not to make a handling error.

Matai is a centre, Ballin is a 9, not his fault Ballin didnt make it. And the fact Ballin didnt play in PL either suggests a niggle to me

Those dummy half runs from him and Hicks in particular have plenty of value when we are in our own end, a guaranteed 8-10m where a 1 out pass to our forwards hasnt been getting us anywhere.

Suspension sounds fair for Matai, i cant even recall the Lyon incident

Add to that fact that nearly all of parramatta's attack was sent towards Steven Bells side of the field. He made 16 tackles, compared with Matai's 9. If Matai is such a defesive liability, the Parramatta coaching staff must not know about it. And Michael Hagan isnt stupid.

hang on, if Lyon get named for the Blues, then gets suspended, does that mean he can play for Manly

Also the TBA loophole has been changed but whats stoping NSW naming Gasnier then later in the week when Lyon is sorted, ruling Gasnier out with injury then bringing Lyon in as his replacement

[quote author=Daniel]
Anyone but Matai

It was like watching Randall back in the side, \"oh whats he going to do...oh yeah run down the blind side....\"

108 metres gained. The highest of all of our backs. Not sure what the problem is. Blind side, open side, 108 metres is 108 metres. One of only 3 backs not to make a handling error.

[/quote]

having himrush out of the line 10 metres from our goal line to try a shoulder charge on Grothe, only to miss and have grothe pick him up by the scruff of the neck and force him back, he was lucky that didnt result in a try.

We need defenders who defend as a team not rush out and do things as and individual. Manly are a team and play as a team selfish individuals will ruin our chances.

I am not sure what the love affair with matai is but i would say now Jason King is performing better he must have onsold those photos to matai

Lyon I would imagine would have aclean record, since he has not played here for bloody three years or what ever! he will just take early plea and get off id imagine.

Add to that fact that nearly all of parramatta's attack was sent towards Steven Bells side of the field. He made 16 tackles, compared with Matai's 9. If Matai is such a defesive liability, the Parramatta coaching staff must not know about it. And Michael Hagan isnt stupid.

because all week they trained as if lyon would be there. They wouldnt change the game plan that close to the match!

matai is our weakest link. Burns is a better 5/8 than Lyon and Lyon a better centre than Matai

that leaves matai in PL, burns at 5/8 and unfortunately monas at hooker.

But strongest halves combo and the one that lets Orford play well is

6 - Burns
7 - Orford
9 - Ballin

centres: Bell and Lyon

Blind freddy can see and tell you that

Monas is good but he gets in orfords way and stifles the way he plays

Lyon made over 30 tackles!!!! Yet they were running away from him were they? Your argument is laughable.

And I am not debating the fact that Lyon and Bell are our best centre combo. However, to suggest a bloke getting suspended is good for our team is ridiculous

[quote author=clontaago]

because all week they trained as if lyon would be there. They wouldnt change the game plan that close to the match!
matai is our weakest link. Burns is a better 5/8 than Lyon and Lyon a better centre than Matai

that leaves matai in PL, burns at 5/8 and unfortunately monas at hooker.

But strongest halves combo and the one that lets Orford play well is

6 - Burns
7 - Orford
9 - Ballin

centres: Bell and Lyon

Blind freddy can see and tell you that

Monas is good but he gets in orfords way and stifles the way he plays
[/quote]

If he is such a defensive liability, of course they would have changed their gameplan.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4