Luke Metcalfe ....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From his Management's website:

Metcalf signs with Sea Eagles

NSW U18's half back Luke Metcalf has agreed to a 3 year contract with the Manly Sea Eagles beggining at the start of 2018. Metcalf who is currently playing u20's with Cronulla Sharks will join the Sea Eagles fulltime squad from Nov 1 this year and is looking forward to working along side established NRL players to fast track his development. When asked about the move Metcalf replied, "It's a big move for me, heading over to the Northern Beaches, but one I am really looking forward to. To be given the opportunity to work alongside players like Daly Cherry-Evans and Blake Green will be a real eye opener, not to mention working under Trent Barrett who was also a great five eighth and achieved plenty as a player and is now making his mark as a coach. I can't wait to get started in November."

Everyone at MapSports is looking forward to the next couople of years of Luke's development.

Last edited:
This kid will for sure become our five eight when greens contract runs up. After watching his nsw u18 man of the match performance, i have no doubt in my mind

SO if this is the case were does this leave Tom Wright ?
He has been very poor, only has a good showing every full moon. They may be dumping him (or dropping him down the pecking order) for Metcalf

Tom Wright could be a great centre if matched with a very good defensive 2nd rower .... like say Josh Jackson ... :rolleyes:

He has been very poor, only has a good showing every full moon. They may be dumping him (or dropping him down the pecking order) for Metcalf
Has had an up and down year.. he is 4th overall in line breaks. He has certainly added some spark to the team.

Has had an up and down year.. he is 4th overall in line breaks. He has certainly added some spark to the team.
Although as you said he is very ricks and diamonds, often in the same game

Agree ... but remember DCE is 28, and unlike a game manager or link type of half, his powers will diminish when his ability to take on the line diminishes. So give him til he is .. say 31/2 ... that will be when young Luke is 20/21.

The timing could work out

'Take on the line" ?? I can't remember the last time DCE took on the line. These days he either leaves it to Green, kicks, or turns it back on the inside to a forward without the defence getting even a sniff of him.

Witnesses say a large black van rolled up outside of shark park just as young Metcalf was leaving training. Two men, one dressed as a clown with a large red nose grabbed the NRL 'star', threw him into the van and was outta there quicker than DCE out of a Titans contract.

giphy.gif

Metcalf getting put in Fittler's SOO development squad is revealing. Someone thinks he is the real deal. What odds the kid gets an NRL call-up this year. We already have the star rookie half with a big head plus the other star rookie half with terrible injuries, but this one may be just right.
I think he is the long-term halves partner for Cherry. With Daly on big dollars our other half will have to be found from within and I think he is the one. He will definitely make his debut this year, he is a special talent.

If Tom can show the over all consistency and defensive requirements for i st grade , he will indeed be the real deal for Manly this season . As he is also at least capable of playing at full back , 5/8 and wing pending any match or game day injuries, this should only enhance his prospects of holding down a Manly centre position and if he can again show that he is up to the necessary standard .

If Tom can show the over all consistency and defensive requirements for i st grade , he will indeed be the real deal for Manly this season . As he is also at least capable of playing at full back , 5/8 and wing pending any match or game day injuries, this should only enhance his prospects of holding down a Manly centre position and if he can again show that he is up to the necessary standard .
It would be outstanding if Tom’s form and consistency warranted him getting a regular spot in the side. Him and Walker would mean we have electrifying pace on both sides of the field. But I still think Kelly has a lot to offer, he now knows what’s required to be a first grade centre. All in all, we’re in a very nice position heading into the season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8