Luke Metcalf

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Well there's another one we've let go. Fair dinkum what are we doing. Fainu will be the next one to star.

The Webster Metcalf affect Perspective ....

Metcalf has Webster to thank for his form furtherance

The over achieving Webster has improved every player in his squad and has the Warriors firing in all cylinders

Webster has proven that he does not have a high profile assistant coach to be successful . He is self capable

One can Imagine the DCE /Schuster combination under Webster

A team plays only as well as their opposition allows them and the Webster Warriors were Relentless in both defence and attack.
This Warriors dominant game was not a once off either
The Warriors have been one of the Over achievers of the year with their consistent performances

I reckon some of you are looking at this upside down.

Metcalf is not a lesson on why we should retain promising young talent. On the contrary he is a lesson in the value of signing talented players after they have already done an apprenticeship in NRL and are just about to ready to excel. He's an example of the fact nearly all players take a few years to settle into first grade.

He was with Blacktown for 3 seasons and only managed 4 games. Only now is he finally comfortable with the intensity of NRL - 3 years after leaving Manly.

If he'd been taking up a spot in our top 30 all that time while not ready for first grade it'd be a waste. (Not to mention we had a younger, better 5/8 earmarked for NRL)

I reckon some of you are looking at this upside down.

Metcalf is not a lesson on why we should retain promising young talent. On the contrary he is a lesson in the value of signing talented players after they have already done an apprenticeship in NRL and are just about to ready to excel. He's an example of the fact nearly all players take a few years to settle into first grade.

He was with Blacktown for 3 seasons and only managed 4 games. Only now is he finally comfortable with the intensity of NRL - 3 years after leaving Manly.

If he'd been taking up a spot in our top 30 all that time while not ready for first grade it'd be a waste. (Not to mention we had a younger, better 5/8 earmarked for NRL)

There are many lessons in footy including the one that you have pointed out @SeaEagleRock8
The other lesson is that some coaches have the ability to bring out the best of a players ability

Geez if we lamenting the loss of Metcalfe we are in big trouble. Trouncing a second tier Eels side in round 19 is hardly an indication of what we let go. He clearly has many deficiencies in his game and will do well sustain form and hold his spot when Martin returns from injury. Every club in the NRL has past players doing things elsewhere, it’s not poor management, it’s reality. When Metcalfe lifts the premiership trophy and starts playing rep footy, then maybe I’ll cry into my empty schooner glass.

He was a Cronulla junior, so they lost him before we did.
Puts a bit of reality into this whole "oh look WE are letting talent go to another clubs".

Fact is this is happening at ALL clubs.. i have to have a laugh over everytime we have a player move on and some of the hysteria on this forum.. we cant keep every player just like every other club.. simple fact

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8