Luke Lewis signs with Sharks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sharkies will be one of the richest clubs once they get their land development approved by the State Government.

Volley said:
Lack of strike power in the centres still for mine. Their backrow is already powerful with Gallen, Smith, Bukuya and Wade Graham. Jennings might've been a better buy for the Sharks imo.

Still, it's Luke Lewis, it's a top acquisition regardless.

And Tuopu. Wouldn't mind picking him up if the sharks want to offload him - a good replacement for Harrison and Lussick, put some bulk on him and just have him run up the guts with a little bit of footwork he would eat some metres for us.

Peter C said:
I live in the SHIRE,and the thought of a successful Sharks is similar to the thought of a friendly North Korea, just doesn't sit right.

yep I also live south of the Georges River (I use to refer to it as The Shire until THAT TV show started). I hoped Lewis would move to the Sharks. Seemed like a good fit and I respect the guy.

What a joke about him even considering Parra.

MWSE said:
Sharkies will be one of the richest clubs once they get their land development approved by the State Government.

I read recently it got a pre approval tick of some sort. Made it sound like its almost a done deal.

The Who said:
Of all the clubs that chased him I'm pleased he chose the Skarks. I don;t mind Cronulla. They share a lot of similarities to Manly - only they aren't successful. We are.
They are a beachside team, play at a suburban ground, have passionate supporters that are well behaved (like us), have never rorted the cap, and don't have large poker machine revenues to help them out.
They did defect to Super League, which is a giant cross against their name.
Anyway, goo luck to them. I think Lewis is a terrific signing for them, and they should give the 2013 a real shake.

In my experience they are the worst behaved along with us. Obviously since I only attend Manly games I get exposed to lots of poor behaviour from our fans compared to other teams. I am sure we are not the worst but I have seen many times our fans carry on like right dickheads.

The Who said:
Of all the clubs that chased him I'm pleased he chose the Skarks. I don;t mind Cronulla. They share a lot of similarities to Manly - only they aren't successful. We are.
They are a beachside team, play at a suburban ground, have passionate supporters that are well behaved (like us), have never rorted the cap, and don't have large poker machine revenues to help them out.
They did defect to Super League, which is a giant cross against their name.
Anyway, goo luck to them. I think Lewis is a terrific signing for them, and they should give the 2013 a real shake.

Yep, I'll go along with that.

Jatz Crackers said:
MWSE said:

I read recently it got a pre approval tick of some sort. Made it sound like its almost a done deal.

It's a bit of a myth that this development is is being done by the Sharks and will make them a wealthy club.
The Sharks have about 12-15 million of debt, the developers of the site will pay off their debt in exchange for their land, and some annual income of around 1-1.5 million, from some of the proposed retail.
Still not a done deal though, the Council is against it but the State Planning Commission is looking favourably towards it, but not final yet, there's a lot of local resistance towards it.
The is also another problem, and that is the current economic situation and also the very flat property market.
You only have to have a look at the situation with Balmain Leagues Club to see that these sort of develpoments are fraught with danger.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7