Luke Garner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maguire is a strange fish, apparently if you don't kiss his backside you're out, I've read he lost the dressing room because of his arrogance at the bunnies, maybe Garner doesn't kiss freckle
Yeah he is a strange fish but coaches have different ways that THEY think work, and that is what makes them different. Madge's philosophy has worked for him before. It obviously won't work without the correct group, just like other coach's philosophies don't.
I hate to use the term "perfect storm" but the stars have to align for the right coaching philosophy to match the squad. There are untold mismatches that produce failure and very few that produce dynasties. Bellamy, Robinson and Bennett SEEM to have the best methods, but they have had by far the best cattle available because of money. Bennett flopped when he hasn't had the money needed, the other 2 have never put the themselves in that position. I suspect they know that and never will.
I like the way Des does it because that is how I would go about it. Right or wrong way? I don't know.

Last edited:
So Garner and Davey in for Thommo and Waddell , Garner has certainly improved and has shown more aggression and line breaking ability in recent times , Davey looks like a solid and tradesman like forward . Haumole played at 13 for the 20 "s , no doubt better as an edge 2 nd r ower but could also play prop and played a bit of fill in centre at Black Town . Should really be in the game day 17 somewhere for next season , all things normal .
Davey Crockett tradesman on and off the field! If his plays no good we could put him to work making new chairs and fixing the demountables!

Yeah he is a strange fish but coaches have different ways that THEY think work, and that is what makes them different. Madge's philosophy has worked for him before. It obviously won't work without the correct group, just like other coach's philosophies don't.
I hate to use the term "perfect storm" but the stars have to align for the right coaching philosophy to match the squad. There are untold mismatches that produce failure and very few that produce dynasties. Bellamy, Robinson and Bennett SEEM to have the best methods, but they have had by far the best cattle available because of money. Bennett flopped when he hasn't had the money needed, the other 2 have never put the themselves in that position. I suspect they know that and never will.
I like the way Des does it because that is how I would go about it. Right or wrong way? I don't know.
I put this in the Netflix/ general discussion thread. But it really needs a run out here. This five-part doco encapsulates everything you’ve just mentioned above. Brilliant series, and is a real eye opener to the psyche/persona of the elite coaches in their particular sport. Personally I found a little bit of Des in each one. It made me understand how and why he does what he does....even if it leaves us scratching our heads sometimes.

Check out “The Playbook” on Netflix

This is telling

Attachments

• A6F10E0B-8CDE-4D07-B008-DAD4458F1F6A.jpeg
    A6F10E0B-8CDE-4D07-B008-DAD4458F1F6A.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 81

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4