Lui's protected hair

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Not sure if 100% true, but told Brown has been fined $1800 for the hair pull incident
Firstly it's up to the player to tie it up rather than dangling down to his backside
I also recall Kapow having hair pulled a few times and zero penalties, with commentators saying it was fair game....which is a fair call....until now.
But different players different rules, poor Lui gets the koala treatment and then can rub players faces, be 3rd or 4th man in regularly and always getting away with starting sh** every game.
I tell you the footy often has me in disbelief and this is just another case. In question

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Not sure if 100% true, but told Brown has been fined $1800 for the hair pull incident
Firstly it's up to the player to tie it up rather than dangling down to his backside
I also recall Kapow having hair pulled a few times and zero penalties, with commentators saying it was fair game....which is a fair call....until now.
But different players different rules, poor Lui gets the koala treatment and then can rub players faces, be 3rd or 4th man in regularly and always getting away with starting sh** every game.
I tell you the footy often has me in disbelief and this is just another case. In question
Loud intimidating voices get heard in this current NRL climate. The NRL admin is $hit scared to upset or offend anyone… don’t get me wrong… I’m not an extremist nut who wants to drop terms like “woke” to justify an agenda, but the NRL needs to be clearer and more confident in its identity and values as a sport moving forward. I think The Big V has done a pretty good job at putting the game back on track, but we need to keep growing and moving forward. Too much confusion, angst and inconsistency at the moment. Over to you, Big V

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Players that wear their hair like Luai and Josh Curran have to accept that there will be instances that their hair will be pulled and I'm fine with that.

Otherwise, they can't be collared because their hair is a no go zone.

I'm not advocating for cheap shot hair pulling but if it's in the process of attempting a tackle, sucked in. It was your choice to have long hair. Suck it up.

Last edited:

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
On a subjective level, if we are going to rule on hair (regardless of length) then a player could grow hair right down to the ankles and theoretically never be tackled legally. Wake up, NRL.

Hibyemama

Reserve Grader
Surely everyone can see he has the hair like that to gain an advantage. just more penalties awarded. It may be an idea if all 17 manly players had hair like that. 🤣

Nordburg

First Grader
Joe Stimson was penalised and put on report for pulling Taupau’s hair in 2021 and last season Albert Hopoate was penalised,put on report and fined $1K for pulling DWZ’s hair.Probably others,but those were the 2 I found quickly

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Joe Stimson was penalised and put on report for pulling Taupau’s hair in 2021 and last season Albert Hopoate was penalised,put on report and fined $1K for pulling DWZ’s hair.Probably others,but those were the 2 I found quickly
As stated, I don't think there should have been fines or penalties for these offences including Kapow who copped hair pulls 20 times for 1 penalty and I reckon if you choose to have long hair...these are the consequences in contact sport....but on your research - how much was Stimson fined ?
There is a heap of incidents involving lui, who seems to be invisible to officials at times, with his constant niggle.....I actually admire Lui's energy and enthusiasm, but not his dirt nor the double standards, just feel that the NRL has a few players that get away with more than others and he is near the top of that list as clearly proven in the Manly game.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
As stated, I don't think there should have been fines or penalties for these offences including Kapow who copped hair pulls 20 times for 1 penalty and I reckon if you choose to have long hair...these are the consequences in contact sport....but on your research - how much was Stimson fined ?
There is a heap of incidents involving lui, who seems to be invisible to officials at times, with his constant niggle.....I actually admire Lui's energy and enthusiasm, but not his dirt nor the double standards, just feel that the NRL has a few players that get away with more than others and he is near the top of that list as clearly proven in the Manly game.

Jaromed Lurea-Hargrai.

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
Remember when the nrl brought in the rule that if a player pulled off another player’s boot and tossed it away they would get penalised (not that they still do). So seems sensible that they bring in some sort of ruling on hairbags

Sea Eagle 4 Life

Reserve Grader
To solve this problem, all players should be forced to be bald.

1718178854659.png

47MVEagle

Bencher
Luai is a grub, can’t stand him.

I think he thinks he looks like the conquering Lion of Judah with his long locks but he just looks like a scruffy grub.

I can’t wait for him to be exposed at the Tigers.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16