• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
It could be said that Manly have had some good fortune in the season so far:

Warriors: We played the Warriors at home with a full squad - before they got going (still haven't)

Sharks: Played without Kimmorley and two other key forwards.

Melbourne and Canberra: We covered the loss of Terry with Matai who surprised.

Bye at a good time

Played Brisbane and Saints with them minus a few stars

Souths: They had injury issues.

Wests: The only game where we were worse off with Rep and other injuries.

Dogs: They have a weakened squad.

Overall good home form and a bit of luck (up until last week) has allowed us to get on a good roll. We have made the most of our luck and deserve to be where we are.

Time to stand up in the next three weeks now though!

Sharks: Played without Kimmorley and two other key forwards. - and beat them convincingly with 12 men

Melbourne and Canberra: We covered the loss of Terry with Matai who surprised. - Hardly say that is luck, more good management. Still beat two full strength 'top' sides

Bye at a good time - wouldn't say it was a good time, halted our momentum

Played Saints with them minus a few stars - Against us it was the first game that the Dragons were practically full strength all year.

Souths: They had injury issues. - Demolished them still, convincing win against a bad side, despite injuries.

Dragons- They were deadset due for a win. All the talk in the papers was about them. No chance we were ever going to win that. One week earlier and it may have been a different story.

Peter Sterling always says good teams make their own luck. Altough I take your point CW.

Sue - well it is either rabbies or they will be shot in a drive by. !amazed

obviously a lot more than cw think we have had our fair share of luck to be where we are.those odds dished up this week seem ridiculous for an equal first side against a decimated team who have won three games.rang darwin to have a nibble at the 2.40 about 5 minutes ago.my contact up there said they havent taken a single dollar on the eagles from the big guys for the top 4,8 and gf after they have firmed with a few wins.said punters wont touch them with a barge pole,particularly after brisbane.said they have close to the worst backline in the league.said sullivan will lay them every time they play virtually any decent side away from here on in for plenty.seemed to use the word pretender a bit too often for my liking.i wish i could say he was a manly hater.he's not,just likes money.

i would love to see him eat his words and this week would be a nice start.carrrn eagles.

Blunty's response is right - however I stand by my point. We have met a few teams that have had quite a few out.

Others correctly point out that we have made the most of it and should be very pleased with our progress.

The draw has been kind to us as well with a lot of early games at the Fortress. The next month will show whether our title pretensions are genuine or whether they are like Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4