Loyalty, the Monaghan family and Jim Banagan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
How interesting that everyone taking Monaghan's "story" hook line and sinker are the same people livid with Banagan and Joel Monaghan just eleven months ago.

Now we have the awful sight of Banaghan and Monaghan's father putting the boot into the club in the Sunday PRess for "disloyalty"!!!!!!!

PAH!!!!!

Where was Daddy and Banaghan's loyalty when they turned their back on a hand shake deal and delivered Joel to the Roosters at the eleventh hour last July? And soft cock Randall joining the fray when he's been less than hopeless for us for the last 18 months.

The disgraceful little turncoats should be terminated right here, right now. We don't need disloyal dross like this in a Manly jumper.

I don't care if it blows the season frankly - this is about the long term, not finishing 5th rather than 7th. Give young blokes like Ballin who are loyal a go and let them learn the rigours of First Grade for the future.

Long term, not short term.

How soon we forget.

I don't care about the rest of those idiots, this isn't about a player manager or some winger for the rooster's, it's about our club captain. If the games we've played with him (MM) are just a get square because of the backroom dealings of Banaghan this time last year, we've got a few sick people running our club.

What is making me think, even though I want Monaghan signed, is how much loyalty has he earnt from the club, being here for a whole 1 and a half seasons? Not enough in my mind for the club to pay whatever and do whatever for him.

I don't care about the rest of those idiots, this isn't about a player manager or some winger for the rooster's, it's about our club captain. If the games we've played with him (MM) are just a get square because of the backroom dealings of Banaghan this time last year, we've got a few sick people running our club.
With the benefit of hindsight - did the Broncos do the right thing when they sacked the current AUSTRALIAN captain in Wally lewis? yes

Did we do the right thing when we got rid of premiership winning captain Vautin in 1989, after he'd been with the club since his teens? Yes.

Puhleeeeese. This is hardly without precedent!

[quote author=c_eagle]
With the benefit of hindsight - did the Broncos do the right thing when they sacked the current AUSTRALIAN captain in Wally lewis? yes

Did we do the right thing when we got rid of premiership winning captain Vautin in 1989, after he'd been with the club since his teens? Yes.

Puhleeeeese. This is hardly without precedent!
[/quote]

It's not just about sacking a player, it's the treatment mata. Giving a player 2 weeks to prove his worth and then after he did so, pull the carpet from under him, it's not the way a professional business should run. There's a certain amount of respect an employee should be afforded, especially your captain.

Lewis and Vautin were at the end of their respective careers, Monaghan is on the rise. Coincidently, so is our club.

Are you saying probation doesn't happen in the workplace c_eagle? Puhleeeeeeeeese!! Welcome to the real world, this isn't the halls of academia.

The only thing the club is guilty of here is putting out a generic "prove your worth". What he really had to prove was wether he was a halfback that could take us to a PRemiership.

When he PROVED he wasn't up to that (think chip kicking from your 40 with ten minutes to play against the Roosters) we decided he was not that but was worthy of hooker wages. Banaghan has already made it clear that he can get half back wages for him in England.

No acceptable offer.

It's not often the tea boy gets to be CEO.

Are you saying probation doesn't happen in the workplace c_eagle?
The only thing the club is guilty of here is putting out a generic \"prove your worth\". What he really had to prove was wether he was a halfback that could take us to a PRemiership.

Probation was a fair enough proposal but if you talk the talk, match it with actions. I believe Monas showed fantastic form over the 2 games, particularly on Friday night where his kicking game kept us in the game.

That one kick was a shocking decision, sure, but do you honestly believe that if that kick was wiped from that particular game, a contract would have been put on the table? The club bull****ted to buy time and avoid a bit of criticism for a fortnight. They toyed with him, unfairly.

If they'd wanted to buy time they'd have bought a further 4 weeks I'd say.

To me it looks like this:

Banaghan: Michael can get $x in England.
Club: That's the wages for a top half back. We can't afford that.
B: Well that's what he's worth.
C: Well, he'll have to prove it. We'll give him 2 weeks.

2 weeks later:

B: So, MOTM last night. Monas' is worth $x!
C: Um, no, we've thought about it and we still see his future as hooker and we need to sign a top line half back. We c an only offer $y.
B: Well, that's not good enough, we want $x.
C: Well, we can't pay that sort of money for a hooker, no matter how good he is, or if he's captain. Therefore we can't make you WHAT YOU THINK is an ACCEPTABLE offer.

The ACCEPTABLE Offer point cannot be laboured enough in the current environment.

If they'd wanted to buy time they'd have bought a further 4 weeks I'd say.

To me it looks like this:

Banaghan: Michael can get $x in England.
Club: That's the wages for a top half back. We can't afford that.
B: Well that's what he's worth.
C: Well, he'll have to prove it. We'll give him 2 weeks.

2 weeks later:

B: So, MOTM last night. Monas' is worth $x!
C: Um, no, we've thought about it and we still see his future as hooker and we need to sign a top line half back. We c an only offer $y.
B: Well, that's not good enough, we want $x.
C: Well, we can't pay that sort of money for a hooker, no matter how good he is, or if he's captain. Therefore we can't make you WHAT YOU THINK is an ACCEPTABLE offer.

The ACCEPTABLE Offer point cannot be laboured enough in the current environment.

It's a pretty little scenerio. Monaghan's quotes don't fit into that puzzle at all though, which makes you wonder, is he being dudded by his own management?

Monaghan says HE didn't ask for more money. He probably didn't.

But what did his manager say?

And given what his manager has done in the past, why would the club not tread warily?

Banaghan has runs on the board as a snake in the grass for Manly. This just confirms it.

and the est isnt???
Byso I know your a liberal but your not that blind

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4