Lowe quitting ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Copa Eagle said:
If true who ever takes over needs to do what Lowe did, and that was re sign a few players off contract, especially the younger players, this is about all Lowe did. If there is to be a new CEO, he needs to offer alot more than what Lowe did. Wish Lowe all the best !

Lowe did nothing of the sort. Those players were all signed long before Lowe arrived at the club

Gorgeous George said:
I see Tooves as a successor to Hasler. I'm pretty sure he does too.

I'm pretty sure thats the case, although for someone who didn't want to be a career coach, Des doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

I wonder where the rumour has come from, the manly daily are actually fairly accurate with this stuff, which leads me to believe they have someone tipping them off from within the club. It seems an odd time for him to step down really. I mean it's basically the middle of the season, let's hope if it is true it doesn't disrupt the footy.

I would imagine if it is true though it would be for health reasons which is fair enough and I wish him the best if so.

I hope the search for a replacement is not long and drawn out

Daniel said:
I would imagine if it is true though it would be for health reasons which is fair enough and I wish him the best if so.

Didn't someone on here say that they saw him at Brookie Oval the other week and he didn't look well then?

The Wheel said:
Hope thye haven't their info on reading Silvertails LOL

Whenever we see a newspaper article with a heap of spelling mistakes in it we will know that they cut and pasted from this site.

Zorba could be the possible leak of info to the daily seeing that he writes a weekly column for them.

Jethro said:
Daniel said:

Didn't someone on here say that they saw him at Brookie Oval the other week and he didn't look well then?

Shark park I believe. Can't remember who it was though who saw him.

Who knows sounds like a lot of speculation if you ask me. Could be someone trying to derail our season so far.

Berkley who's Twitter did you read that from?

Berkeley_Eagle said:
@nrlnews
Aaron Markie commented on it too when it was tweeted

Currently also at http://twitter.com/NRLNEWS?max_id=63409257588072448&page=2&twttr=true

It is now an article on the Daily's website that lowe has officially quit

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/graham-lowe-quits-as-manly-ceo/

Graham Lowe quits as Manly CEO
Rugby League28 Apr 11 @ 01:08pm
Graham Lowe has quit as Sea Eagles CEO.
GRAHAM Lowe has quit as Sea Eagles CEO on Thursday morning.

Lowe told his staff on Thursday morning, before the board accepted his decision.

Lowe will revert to light duties until the end of June before walking away from the club.

He said on-going coronary health problems are the reasons behind his decision.

It is the second time Lowe has quit the club due to bad health, after standing down almost 20 years as Manly head coach after serious heart problems.

A deterioration in his health in recent times meant Lowe had no choice but to again give it away.

``I’m standing down from the role,’’ he told The Manly Daily on Thursday.

Lowe will return New Zealand at the end of June with his wife Karen and seven year old boys Jack and Sam.

Well the you go.

So long Lowe, I hope your health improves mate

Central Coast Eagle said:
It was Darren that said he saw him.
You'd have to think it's health related if he's stepping down now.

Had a feeling that it was Darren but couldn't be bothered trawling back through the old threads to look for it.

So I wonder who will be stepping up to the plate in the meantime then until we get a new CEO?

All the best with the health Lowie. Hope you get better now that all of the pressure is removed

Good luck with your health Lowe, hope things improve. And Thanks, despite everything people have been saying about you I think you have done exactly what your were hired for - ie. calm the backroom situation and steady the ship.

My thoughts are with Lowe & I hope he has a speedy recovery but I can't help but feel a little annoyed at how this has all gone down.

If his health was this precarious then he should have never accepted the job in the first place. He's put the club in an enviable situation now as others will have to pick up the slack left by his departure. Why did he continue on as CEO this season? Pretty stupid & has come at an awful time. Bad news all round.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4