Lowe got a major sponsor who are you guys going to whinge about now?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ouch Jonesy, that one surely has to sting you now :)

A joint sponsorship between the two owners. In other words Lowe completely failed to attract any other sponsors. Once again Lowe has succeeded in something......completely underwhelming us all.

Thank god for the Penns and Quantam for bailing us out

Im here to whinge about HOW THE **** IS THIS BIG NEWS?

Big news means something good,those 2 sponsoring us isnt good,Its ****ing awful!!!

Lowe needs a lobotomy if he thinks this will impress us,useless fat taxi driving merkin

Jonesyv2 link said:
would you prefer no sponsors? You guys will find anything to whinge about
      that's a very lame response how about putting your hand up and admitting you were off the mark with your original comment??                                                                                 

yes Jonesy, it isn't a dig at Lowe it is a dig at you for having a dig at all of us for something that turned out to be completely incorrect

My question to a lot of you is similar to what Jonesy asked. What will it take for some people not to whinge?

I am lead to believe that even after the 08 grand final win people were still complaining on here not long after the game? What did you what 50 nil. Which leads me to the the most obvious question. Why were you not at the game?

Thats the one thing that gets me about so many people on here. They don't go to the games.

I've coached school girls in football who complained less about their hair then some people on here do about Lowey, Brookie, the weather. etc etc
Just get to the games( home and away) support your team and stop complaining. If you don't like it go support someone else. The club owes us nothing.
Sorry but had to be said.

Tractor Boy- how do you know people don't go to games...and if they can't make it how do you know that they aren't members??
I don't know about people complaining after the 08 gf win and I'd like to see some evidence of that.
I'm a member of the Club and travel great distance to attend around 3-4 games a year and finals if we make it. I certainly don't want a pat on the back for that- WTF does attending games have to do with anything- clearly living in the area (like I'm guessing you do) makes it easier to attend. I do as much as I can to support the Club but how would you know who on this forum attends games or not????
I don't make comments out of the blue on here whinging about things- my comments I put I this thread were a direct reply to what I belived was a stupid statement by Jonesy, who I believe jumped the gun before having the full facts at hand and unfairly, and sarcastically had a crack at other posters here.

I'm only aiming my post at a small number of people. I am told that there are people on here who live in NSW that barely go to a game. I beileve and always have that one should do what they can to make a game when possible.

I hate this whole thing about I'm a big fan but never make it to a game. And can I say when I say that I'm talking about the ones that live in Sydney( not interstate) Obviously family reasons don't always allow that. And If one is silly enough to let there work get in the way like I have stupidly done in the past that is also a problem.

I myself live in Sydney yes. Not on the beaches but In Sydney is close enough. However I lived interstate for a very short period. But seeing as it was getting too expenisve to come back for games every week I moved back. That and living in Tassie wasn't that interesting.

Basically I just think people need to let the club do their work. And putting it nicley shut up. There is so much work that goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about. It is easy for people to criticize.
In short I hope that everyone on here is down in Melbourne cheering the boys against the scum.
Yes not all is well but be thankful we are not Sharkies fans.

Yes I know, Point being if one lives in NSW you can still get to the game, Like many many people I know who drive 4 or 5 hours one way to get to Brookie.

people have families, jobs etc

different people have different priorities, its not right or wrong, its just life.

tractorboy link said:
Yes I know, Point being if one lives in NSW you can still get to the game, Like many many people I know who drive 4 or 5 hours one way to get to Brookie.

This is a stupid argument. Getting to the games more than other people does not make you a better, bigger or different supporter. It just means you have the time and the means where others don't.

it is actually a very unfair and poor argument, I mean how would you feel if your socioeconomic status made you restricted with what you are able to do and people therefore called you less of a supporter?

I guess everyone has a different opinion. Its not about who is bigger or better. Its about getting to the games whenever possible and supporting our beloved footy club. I don't make it to all the games, though I try.

tractorboy link said:
I guess everyone has a different opinion. Its not about who is bigger or better. Its about getting to the games whenever possible and supporting our beloved footy club. I don't make it to all the games, though I try.
Thats nice that your circumstances allow it. However many of us don't have that luxury. Even when I lived in Sydney I was not able to get to every game, though I attended many. I mean be realistic here, we all have lives and families.

Now I live in QLD I go to games if I am in sydney for work and am able to go there, otherwise it is just too expensive for me to justify flying to Sydney just for a footy game.

Not only are everyones opinions different, so are their individual circumstances and to paint everyone with the same brush is just wrong.

I am as of last week the sole provider for my family and have a child on the way meaning my wife and child will be solely dependent on my income. I will be paying for both of them and a mortgage, it is therefore hard to even justify membership or keeping things like this site going, though it is getting close to paying for itself nowadays

Dan

I totally agree with all that was said.
Maybe I sould have been more clear, but I'm more talking about people that live close(which I consider anywhere in the state but I'm sure that will be agrued as well).

There are people who live around the corner from Brookie that barely go to a game. Even If people only go to home game so be it.

But obviously if family means not being able to go then of course fair enough. Its not cheap for a family.
I'm more having a go at the people who have the time to go but don't. Or just cannot be bother as its raining too cold, hangover or whatever.
Bottom line is if one can go plesae do.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6