Lowe = Chris Bailey of the CEO roster

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can't we all just chip in a couple of buck each and then pay another club to take Bailey off our hands?

Shane link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=185091.msg290749#msg290749 date=1283681538]
Critisism must also go to signing Cross instead of retaining Hargreaves. 

Hargraves is a dog shot merchant who misses way to much for my liking and on a big contract

Cross is on very little
[/quote]

I believe that Hargreaves is on around $120k for the first year then increasing to around $160k in the second and third year.  It is not a big contract and he wanted to stay with us.

The fact that he played for New Zealand after only a few first grade games suggests that a few other people in the NRL consider him to be a reasonable prop as well.

We paid around $100k for Joe in comparison.

Whatever we are paying Cross it is too much.  He looks like he is running in quicksand these days.

tookey u are off slightly off the mark

we lost JWH because we couldnt match the roosters in 3rd year

the price they offered was obscene

Utility Player link said:
[quote author=conanu link=topic=185091.msg290950#msg290950 date=1283695719]
Couldnt agree more guys, I for one am over the seige mentality crap. We have never really recovered from our implosion at the start of 2009.
When Mayer was CEO.

[/quote]When Mayer was knifed by some churlish little men who thought their access to free sandwiches was in jeopardy. 

Mata, this isn't a **** stirring post here, but would like your views on some things that Mayer was a part of but avoids any criticism for. I'm not really that interested in the Mayer v Lowe debate

Firstly, he was the man in charge when we couldn't find room for club legend Menzies. Fair enough at the time imo, but I see Lowe is copping it for that now as well

Secondly, the signing of Bailey. I wouldn't pin that one on him, but that is where criticism of Lowe is aimed as well

Lastly for now, depth is a major issue this year. Some of that can be attributed to the lack of a full reserve grade side at the club, something that was disestablished during Mayer's run. Right or wrong move ?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Mata, this isn't a s**t stirring post here, but would like your views on some things that Mayer was a part of but avoids any criticism for. I'm not really that interested in the Mayer v Lowe debate

Firstly, he was the man in charge when we couldn't find room for club legend Menzies. Fair enough at the time imo, but I see Lowe is copping it for that now as well

Secondly, the signing of Bailey. I wouldn't pin that one on him, but that is where criticism of Lowe is aimed as well

Lastly for now, depth is a major issue this year. Some of that can be attributed to the lack of a full reserve grade side at the club, something that was disestablished during Mayer's run. Right or wrong move ?
Why don't we have a poll - Is Lowe doing a good Job.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Jerry1 link=topic=185091.msg291502#msg291502 date=1283769285]
Why don't we have a poll - Is Lowe doing a good Job.

Might be a good idea to have a "no idea" option.
[/quote]
That says it all mate.

All quiet on the western front.

:)

Kiwi Eagle link said:

Beaver - was a mutual agreement.  Beaver thought about one more year of NRL or two more in the slower pom comp and the better exchange rate.  I don't think he was forced out by Mayer, do you?

Yep, benefit of hindsight Bailey is a howler.  I was one who thought it might be a good move as he seemed to be able to find the line at the Knights, but he simply hasn't found his niche at Manly.  But surely most can see it's time to cut our losses and move him on now?

What Sydney club has a reserve grade outfit?  The Sunshine Coast experiment is not a bad one if properly managed.  It's a shame the Sunny Coast doesn't get Stadiums (and hospitals) thrown at it like the Gold Coast does. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2