Love This

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Jigzkiller

Bencher
Des Hasler refreshed and motivated to deliver new era at Manly

DES Hasler isn’t motivated to bring back the good old days at the Manly Sea Eagles but rather deliver the club a new era of success.

That’s the word from Hasler’s long-term strength and conditioning trainer Don Singe, who this week signed a deal to return to Brookvale.

Singe worked with Hasler for 13 seasons between 2003-15, including two premierships with the Sea Eagles.

And according to Singe, the new Manly head coach is determined as ever to steer the Sea Eagles to glory.

“It is not that Dessie is back – he is hungry,” Singe told The Daily Telegraph.

“There is a difference.

“I mean, you can bring a coach back and it’s great because the good old days return.

“Des has a point to prove but he is also quite self-motivated.

“He wants to come in there and do something good.

“I honestly don’t think his motivation is to prove anything. He wakes up every morning and he drinks a cup of football - it is who he is.”

Hasler’s Manly homecoming has been hailed as a return to the club’s glory - including two titles under Hasler in 2008 and 2011 - days but Singe doesn’t agree.

“Those days are gone,” he said.

“It’s funny because I’m reading a lot of the press and it’s all about bringing back the good old days.

“But what we need is energy, enthusiasm and innovation that is what you are going to get with Des.

“It is a new era and it is work time.”

Singe is also eager to help Manly become faster and stronger through his role as head conditioner.

The veteran trainer says he is now more qualified in the sports science area than he was during his premiership seasons at the Sea Eagles.

“I think I’m a better trainer now,” he said.

“I’m about to complete a masters at Sydney University in coaching and education.

“It was actually the Penn’s who started me on that master’s degree and now I get to pay some of that back.

“It’s funny because it feels like I’m starting again but starting with the knowledge of the satisfaction of what is at the end.

“It is really exciting. And one of the most exciting things is that I’m a different person, even professionally in terms of what I know.

“I’ve learnt a lot in the last three years I’ve been away.”

Singe won’t officially start at the Sea Eagles until the commencement of pre-season training next week but he has already toured the club’s facilities.

“For me it was like Christmas - it was outstanding,” he said.

“I’ve got more stuff in that gym and some of it I don’t even know what it is for.

“In terms of the performance unit, they’ve advanced significantly in the area of generic training.

“I haven’t looked at the sports science yet but I will and I’m sure I’ll have plenty to work with.”

https://outline.com/5EDXrc

Man and to think we had dan Ferris as our head trainer for the last few years lol
Welcome home Donny the boys don’t know what they are in for..he will sort you all out. No more funny games it time to start taking your role as players of this proud club more seriously.
Donny you never ever said a bad word about the club even though you had every right to. Great article

Man and to think we had dan Ferris as our head trainer for the last few years lol
Welcome home Donny the boys don’t know what they are in for..he will sort you all out. No more funny games it time to start taking your role as players of this proud club more seriously.
Donny you never ever said a bad word about the club even though you had every right to. Great article
They're gonna be in for a huge reality check

The biggest asset any organisation can have is the right people in charge . We have the right people in charge of our footy team once again .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8