Lottoland tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you attended the game tonight, I stand and applaud you! I bow to your true madness that is supporting the Mighty Sea Eagles!
Thank you! I don't call it madness....rather its dedication for our beloved team. Someone's got to do it :giggle: and glad I did.
Atrocious weather and one of - if not the - worst conditions I've been in at Brookie!
As Jake said "it was ugly but a win's a win". That'll do me :clap:

I was there in my undercover Jane Try Stand seat and still got wet even though I was halfway back!

It bucketed down and the wind just blew it right in.

It was the 2nd worst weather I've seen there in 37 years.

The worst has already been mentioned here, the Gold Coast game where we had 2500 turn up.

As bad as that sounds, it was a good crowd.

I remember Grant Goldman calling out to the few braves souls on the hill to go and sit in the grandstand. He said you won't be charged but the people still sat there. Pretty sure they even made the paper! :giggle:

I missed out tonight but was there for the Gold Coast game...on the hill (well infront on the benchs)

I was there in my undercover Jane Try Stand seat and still got wet even though I was halfway back!

It bucketed down and the wind just blew it right in.

It was the 2nd worst weather I've seen there in 37 years.

The worst has already been mentioned here, the Gold Coast game where we had 2500 turn up.

As bad as that sounds, it was a good crowd.

I remember Grant Goldman calling out to the few braves souls on the hill to go and sit in the grandstand. He said you won't be charged but the people still sat there. Pretty sure they even made the paper! :giggle:

Yes, I was in the Jane Try Stand as well in row G and had to put up the umbrella just before kick-off as was getting soaked because the rain was coming in sideways. Just imagine someone throwing buckets of water at you!!

Great effort by all who attended. Love the commitment and passion to the cause. If we win the GF, this is one you can tell the grankids about.

How bad the weather was came across on the tele.
I can't remember the vision being affected as much like it was tonight.
Towards games end was like watching using poorly aimed rabbit ears the vision was so grainy with the rain coming down.
Good on ya's to all who attended and legends all who braved the hill !!!

Legends!!!!

6OlaNjM.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I was in the Jane Try Stand as well in row G and had to put up the umbrella just before kick-off as was getting soaked because the rain was coming in sideways. Just imagine someone throwing buckets of water at you!!
A plan exists, courtesy of architects Tzannes & Associates, that would see a larger roof installed on the JT Stand.

And still (the collective) they do nothing.

Hats off to loyal fans

Spare a thought for the 4,189 brave souls who ignored monsoonal conditions to make the trip to Sydney's northern beaches for the 20-year anniversary of the 1997 grand final. The recent wild weather looked to have passed with blue skies warming Sydneysiders for most of Friday before the heavens opened half an hour before kick-off to put a dampener on what would have been a fairly open contest between two sides who like to move the football. It wasn't quite the Sharknado of a few years ago that wreaked havoc in the Shire, but the constant downpours made the sofa the best place in the world to watch the bitter rivals do battle. They might be hard to track down, but the Sea Eagles should offer discounted memberships or at least a free hot chocolate to the fans who spent 80 minutes getting soaked on the hill while the rest of us stayed warm at home.

I was there last night. It was a great night. Reminded me of the night (with a smaller crowd again) against North Queensland in the torrential rain years ago sitting there with my 8 month pregnant missus under a piece of plastic.

I was literally soaked last night, but put my hand up, I paid some more to sit in the KA stand, under the roof :)

Bought myself a beanie & the works to keep warm. I was completely soaked.

I was there last night. It was a great night. Reminded me of the night (with a smaller crowd again) against North Queensland in the torrential rain years ago sitting there with my 8 month pregnant missus under a piece of plastic.

I was literally soaked last night, but put my hand up, I paid some more to sit in the KA stand, under the roof :)

Bought myself a beanie & the works to keep warm. I was completely soaked.

I know you were at the game because at one point in the commentary during heavy rain Blocker said "have a go at these idiots" and the camera panned to a handful of Manly supports on the hill.

Just kidding, but it was a nice acknowledge of the diehards on the hill by Blocker. Well done to whichever idiots it was.

PPS He didn't say idiots, but I can't remember his exact words.

Couldn't see the stands but wouldn't be surprised if the crowd was actually half that, would guess the season ticket people got counted regardless

Will the field come back from the hammering it took tonight ?

back half of the stands were about 3/4 full. Under the southern stand was pack like we has 20K in.

I had my usual spot on the hill

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8