Lottoland Sponsorship

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Was wondering when this was going to become topical:

Lottery results carry far less meaning for punters using ‘fake’ Lottoland betting game
TRENTON AKERS, The Courier-Mail
August 7, 2017 9:13am
Subscriber only
WHEN is winning the lotto not winning the lotto?

Authorities are under pressure to ban a “fake” lotto operator which allegedly places in jeopardy more than $250 million a year in State Government taxes and thousands of newsagency jobs.

Lottoland has made a grand entrance into the Australian market, trumpeting potential returns worth hundreds of millions of dollars by “betting” on lotto outcomes, however the company is yet to pay any tax in Queensland as it is a licensed bookmaker in the Northern Territory.

However punters’ returns will rarely reach those lofty heights, with Lottoland slugging winners of US and European lotteries a 35 per cent reduction due to taxes, despite never entering the actual lottery.

Another 40 per cent is taken off for anyone who wants the payment paid in full upfront.

1ee1bc6c275712288d9a8705a3792e62

Lottoland slugging winners of US and European lotteries a 35 per cent reduction due to taxes, despite never entering the actual lottery. Another 40 per cent is taken off for anyone who wants the payment paid in full upfront.
The Australian Lottery and Newsagents Association’s (ALNA) Ben Kearney said the issue appears to be consumers are being told by Lottoland, “Don’t settle for less” in their ads.

“But in reality, (consumers) may only win far less. Lottoland split prizes over the number of winners in the actual lottery draw, even though consumers have only bet on it, not entered it, as well as over the number of Lottoland winners, which can significantly reduce final prizes,” Mr Kearney said.

Lotto agencies across Queensland have reported an “8 to 9 per cent” fall in their lotto revenue for the last financial year despite Lottoland’s claims its disruptive model would “grow the market.”

Lottoland relies on a Gibraltar-based insurance policy in the event someone successfully “wins” a jackpot after placing a bet on the lotto.

As a licensed bookmaker in the Northern Territory, Lottoland pays just over $500,000 a year to the NT State Government for an online wagering license and is then free to take bets across the country via its website.

After being banned in the UK and South Australia, The ALNA said the “parasitic” model employed by Lottoland needed to be banned by Queensland.

“Fake lotto like Lottoland is actually an online book maker in Gibraltar that hijacks the name and image of lotteries, confusing Australians about what it really is. It also only contributes roughly 1% of its turnover in gambling taxes each year,” CEO Adam Joy said.

“Lottoland are destroying Australian businesses while not contributing their fair share of tax.

“There is a reason that South Australia and other countries have banned and are in the process of banning Lottoland.”

After 18 months, Lottoland has already attracted around an eight per cent share in the online lottery market.

A spokeswoman for Attorney-General Yvette D’Ath said they were “aware of the business” of Lottoland however refused to be drawn on whether they would consider banning the practise.

“Consumers should be very aware that they are betting on the outcome of a lottery, not buying a lottery ticket,” she said.

“Consumers should also be aware that revenue raised by Lottoland does not contribute to public services in Queensland, unlike the Golden Casket revenues which are reinvested in Queensland and support local businesses such as your local newsagent.”

Lottoland did not respond to request for comment.

It is certainly an interesting model - was surprised that it got approval to be honest. It's basically a gambling agency not a lottery agency.

Lottolans is no different to CFDs.

People never own the underlying product, but neither are they up for those full costs

Gamble responsibly :nod:

I was looking at it when it first came out and wondered how any government would allow it as it rips tax money out of legitimate lotteries.

More to the point, is this the ammo Lincoln Greenberg needs to strip Manly of competition points?

"Look, their major sponsor is a dodgy outfit, kind of like the one I'm running. Now I've got them!"

Betting sponsorship is just a bad look.
Players can't bet on the footy, but can have agencies logos plastered all over their jerseys.
So many conflicts.

Yeah I read an opinion piece one day that said if sports are serious about stopping players betting on themselves, they would ban gambling sponsorship.

The sponsorship money is very lucrative so they allow it.

I know that there are new laws coming on gambling advertising (not sure if they have passed). No gambling ads before 8.30pm.

Means no gambling ads during during the 6pm fri, 3.30- 5.30 sat or any of the sunday games. Also means no advertising till halftime on thurs/fri/sat night.

8% of the market is big $$$
I'm surprised the state treasurer's are not all over this.

I don't think we should be discussing this as fans

Lottoland pays the bills
Don't worry as Lottoland is a legitimate business and all their rules are clearly posted on their site.@:cool:

Some lady won 1 million through them recently and it was all over the media :dollar:

Adults have a right to choose how to spend their monies :nod:

We Manly Supporters spend it on 13 men and an inflated pigskin :giggle:

I don't think we should be discussing this as fans

Lottoland pays the bills
Speaking of paying the bills I saw the Lord High Most Exulted One mixing with the commoners yesterday at half time. Looked happy and healthy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6