Lost the Way Late

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
What a frustrating game in many ways.
Started super & should have led by more with direct running & support in all directions. Yes there was 2-3 held up, a shocking call against Matai along the way, but the attack went back to some bad habits as the game went on.
Lost that direct running game from the opening 20 mins & seemed to be sideways, allowing their defence to really slow down the play the ball area.
Seemed to want to go around them instead of through which early on , showed plenty of success & had them backpeddling. Then just as their walls were about to collapse in, started to drift across to help their cause.
The scoreboard was not a true indicator & those piggy back penalties they repeatedly got 1st half on the 5th & 6th tackle, saved a 16 point lead to Manly at the break.
In perspective Manly owned 60 minutes of that game but looking back, the attack that was doing the damage early, seemed to vapourise on the back of some bad calls, desperate Souths defence & general frustration.

Hard to believe we lost by 12. We seemed in control and that's frustrating as you say. They didn't have their best forward either in Sammy.

Darren said:
Hard to believe we lost by 12. We seemed in control and that's frustrating as you say. They didn't have their best forward either in Sammy.

Lol ...welcome back. I knew a loss would do the trick.

Hello Bones, don't really bother posting anymore as I was annoying too many on here so dropped off. Thought we were going to smash them after first few minutes.

StuBoot said:
We did score more but it was ruled held up over the line. 16-6 and there's no looking back

100% correct. In a low scoring game with few tries & desperate defence, that try would have been the difference. The simple fact is that decision cost us the game.

It is easier to play fast straight and direct when fresh in the early stages, fatigue and attacking frustration during the game will make you resort to bad habits and structures.

In theory you would think a fresh defensive line would make it harder to play straight.

After 20 minutes we weren't allowed to do anything other than watch the fix unfold.

If it is a fix why are we all dumb enough to keep watching over and over again----lets all calm down and plan on dismantling the other contenders in stealth.

Move on people stay under the radar and come back with shock and awe.

The opening 10-15 I couldn't believe our defence.......we were smashing the proverbial out of them. It was sensational. We just manhandled their 'monster pack'.

I'm still optimistic from last night. No-one to blame but ourselves, but we were showing some great signs....just couldn't land the killer blow.

On another note, how good is Snakes ball playing?

The best part of last night is that Bunny fans will have inflated high hopes. But imagine if we progress further in the finals than they do, it will be hilarious to watch.

One thing is for sure, I hope if we bow out in the finals in the midst of refereeing controversy that we don't go on and on about it. The Cows last year was a very embarrassing look, I hope we are better than that.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The best part of last night is that Bunny fans will have inflated high hopes. But imagine if we progress further in the finals than they do, it will be hilarious to watch.

One thing is for sure, I hope if we bow out in the finals in the midst of refereeing controversy that we don't go on and on about it. The Cows last year was a very embarrassing look, I hope we are better than that.

Ohh no we will scream the house down like anyone else if the refs blow us off.
Last night was no doubt a refereeing debacle BUT we had multiple chances early in the 2nd half to blow them away and we only got 1 (which was denied). As mentioned before Kite and Lawrence 7 runs each for 70 meters each. Thats not good enough for a game like this. Our engine room didn't provide us with the necessary meters.

I don't agree. Those guys also made many more tackles than the bunny counterparts. Our backs made more meters, their backs made more tackles, it is because of how each team directed their play. It does not show our props were deficient, in my opinion.

Killer03 said:
The opening 10-15 I couldn't believe our defence.......we were smashing the proverbial out of them. It was sensational. We just manhandled their 'monster pack'.

I'm still optimistic from last night. No-one to blame but ourselves, but we were showing some great signs....just couldn't land the killer blow.

You mean passing assist which is one element of ball playing. Glenn Stewart is a ballplayer Brett is not in the same class and not a natural passer of the ball.

Let's save the ball playing term to players who deserve the label.

Technical Coach said:
Killer03 said:

You mean passing assist which is one element of ball playing. Glenn Stewart is a ballplayer Brett is not in the same class and not a natural passer of the ball.

Let's save the ball playing term to players who deserve the label.

Even though I didn't write it, I meant compared to other fullbacks, ie Inglis, Slater. Not suggesting he is the next Joey Johns, but I think his passing has become a real feature of his game.

I agree. Although I thought Glenn blew a try last night. He held the ball rather than pass with an overlap. Oh we'll. next time we won't go to sleep.

Was it 2010 when we regularly started like a house on fire but tended to fade in the second half? We are not really like that this year, in fact I heard we are the best attackers in the second half (or the last 20 min?). Yet in each of our big encounters this year - Souths, Easts etc - we begin with amazing ferocity yet haven't quite been able to keep that going.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Was it 2010 when we regularly started like a house on fire but tended to fade in the second half? We are not really like that this year, in fact I heard we are the best attackers in the second half (or the last 20 min?). Yet in each of our big encounters this year - Souths, Easts etc - we begin with amazing ferocity yet haven't quite been able to keep that going.

I think we have failed to score any points in the last 20 min of each game against the big 3.

SeaEagleRock8 said:

2010 we would lead game by 20-4, or 22-6 at half time and get run down. Happened in the opening two games (Tigers and Eels....maybe not exactly those score lines), and I think happened 2 or 3 more times throughout the year. It was bizarre, we were just blowing teams off the park in the opening half, and then it was almost like our fitness died??

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8