"Lost the dressing room"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
You are correct .... Paul Green should be sacked immediately ....
I have no idea why you even mention Paul Green in terms of what I am saying. If you want to add him to the Bellamy and Bennett list dobso by all means. He probably deserves it.

Green coached Wynnum Manly for 2 years and won two premierships back to back.He then coached the roosters NYC to the prelim final and was assistant coach at roosters when they beat us in 2013 GF.

Since at Cowboys he has won a premiership and made a GF with a massive injury toll.

If there has ever been a young coach with a better CV than that I’m not sure who it is.The only rumoured knock on him seems to be that his approach can wear players down a little over time.

Barrett has done absolutely nothing in his career. He even managed to miss the semis with Penrith NYC as their lower grades were sweeping everything before them.

Greens third year failings come on the back of a premiership and a grand final. Barrett’s third year failings come on the back of sweet fa.Success buys you respect and time. Failure buys you nothing.

That is my point . 3 years of rubbish with no improvement is enough in my book. Green doesn’t have to justify anything.

They shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath. I wouldn’t mind him wearing our players down a little! I can guarantee they wouldn’t be the rabble they are.

Last edited:
I have no idea why you even mention Paul Green in terms of what I am saying. If you want to add him to the Bellamy and Bennett list dobso by all means. He probably deserves it.

Green coached Wynnum Manly for 2 years and won two premierships back to back.He then coached the roosters NYC to the prelim final and was assistant coach at roosters when they beat us in 2013 GF.

Since at Cowboys he has won a premiership and made a GF with a massive injury toll.

If there has ever been a young coach with a better CV than that I’m not sure who it is.The only rumoured knock on him seems to be that his approach can wear players down a little over time.

Barrett has done absolutely nothing in his career. He even managed to miss the semis with Penrith NYC as their lower grades were sweeping everything before them.

Greens third year failings come on the back of a premiership and a grand final. Barrett’s third year failings come on the back of sweet fa.Success buys you respect and time. Failure buys you nothing.

That is my point . 3 years of rubbish with no improvement is enough in my book. Green doesn’t have to justify anything.

They shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath. I wouldn’t mind him wearing our players down a little! I can guarantee they wouldn’t be the rabble they are.

WoW .... reading that I could almost forget they are below us on the ladder .....

@Woodsie You remind me of the old bloke next door when I was a kid. If I hit my cricket ball over his fence he used to abuse me and take it inside. I lost a lot of balls over the summers.
One day I played a cracking hook shot through his back window and we run for our lives.
To my complete surprise, he didn’t dob me in to my parents, however I mowed his ****ing lawns for months!
I can see that this is your way of making friends on the forum calling them numnuts and their opinions shyte. I see through you Woodsie, I know deep down your a champ :hi:

I wouldn't bet your cricket balls on it ........

WoW .... reading that I could almost forget they are below us on the ladder .....
You should forget it.Ask the cowboys supporters if they forget the previous two years. I know I try to forget them every night.

Do you think anyone would be giving Barrett any criticism if we had just come off the last two years the Cowboys have had. NO. Why ? Because he would have earned it with success.Barrett has earned nothing.

The situations are so different I can only assume you are taking the piss but then again the SuperCoach has many more than you under his spell. Teflon.

That'll do me ..... I have read some pretty long bow reasons to have a go at Barrett but if that ain't the most ridiculous piece of Shiite I have read in 65 years I give up ..... please .....

What next .... going to start on his star sign .... brand of brekkie cereal?
You could of just hit the disagree button for more efficiency but you chose the tosser response.

I think that Woodsies main point and contention in regard to making comparisions with Green is that regardless of the perceived coaching abilities of either Barrett or Green , both of their teams have for whatever reason under performed and under achieved both on the field and scoreboard ladder this season to date . So then rationally , the analogy or any slack and allowances for Green should be then be equally applied for Barrett .Also to keep matters into further perspective , the Cowboys in many quarters were generally tipped to be top four if not premiership contenders this season . No doubt Green does currently have a higher coaching ranking then Barrett and deservedly so but again on this basis and with the Cowboys ladder position presently , he should be then in practical terms subjected to similar criticism and scrutiny as Barrett . So of course the Cowboys would have their own set of circumstances and reasons for under achieving this season but i would say that quite a few factors beyond Green"s control would have contributed to this and again the same analogy can only realistically and fairly applied to Barrett . Barrett does seem to have an issue sometimes with persevering and being inflexible with very average game plans and the occasional selection choice and not being innovative enough although he did show quite a bit of initiative playing Walker at 5/8 and including Suli some weeks ago . Last year was hardly a rubbish year for Barrett , why the side is so inconsistent and particularly this season is a bit hard to determine but would in all likelihood be mainly attributed more to the players and not the coach . All N R L coaches invariably experience added difficulties and challenges during the course of their tenures , Barrett has more then his share now and hopefully can be in a better situation quite soon [ both for his sake and the team and club ] but really on all practical and fairness assessments right now , he should not be in sackable territory .

You could of just hit the disagree button for more efficiency but you chose the tosser response.

... Nah .... some posts are just that fukken numbnutted stupid that anything less than the tosser response would be doing them a disservice .

You should forget it.Ask the cowboys supporters if they forget the previous two years. I know I try to forget them every night.

Do you think anyone would be giving Barrett any criticism if we had just come off the last two years the Cowboys have had. NO. Why ? Because he would have earned it with success.Barrett has earned nothing.

The situations are so different I can only assume you are taking the piss but then again the SuperCoach has many more than you under his spell. Teflon.

No ... not taking the piss ... simply applying the same criteria as you ... however, as you point out Green is more experienced and credentialed .... therefore his failures as a coach this year greatly exceed Baz's.

Agree with Sue.
Green has the runs on the board.
Baz is still trying to find his bat.

so do I ... so explain Green's performance this year ....
I don’t think he properly planned a transition from his aging roster to the next generation. It looks as though he didn’t expect it to hit this year and probably thought he had another 1-2 years before the transition was needed.

He did bring in McClean; however, he has been injured most of the year. He needed to inject the next wave of young guns to come through and it looks as though it has caught him by surprise.

Thurston, Scott, Bolton, Cooper, Winterstein all starting to show their age. O’Neill and Coote whilst not that old have been inconsistent for the last couple of years.

It’s a tough one to get right - making the GF last year probably clouded his ability to see this coming.

Managing a transition isn’t something Green has had to deal with before, so in this aspect he is a rookie. Bennett has managed this aspect well in the past.

Last edited:

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10