Looking for a place...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
Hello all you NSW folk.... i am contemplating a possible change of residency from up here in brissie to down around the manly area.... just for a couple of years. Just wanna get outta home and see a bit more of australia.

Can anybody tell me some suburbs that are nice around the manly/brookvale area that might not be too pricey??

I am looking to rent Houses, apartments, units anything.... i have been there a couple of times but don't know the area too well and i know it's pretty nice.

Just thought i'd ask here first

all on the northern beaches is pretty reasonable. Personally I like the balgowlah, Seaforth, allambie area mainly because of work.

I have just applied for a fairly large 2 bedroom house on Allambie RD for $380

Everley Street in Redfern is nice.

Dont move to Sydney mate, its full of pretentious wankers. Move to melbourne, the chicks are heaps hotter and more down to earth, the nightlife is fantastic, the weather is well 24 today but that could change any second.

Dont move to Sydney mate, its full of pretentious wankers. Move to melbourne, the chicks are heaps hotter and more down to earth, the nightlife is fantastic, the weather is well 24 today but that could change any second.

The other option is melbourne.... but i dunno if i could live without heaps of footy hahahaha

AFL is there, thats enough reason for me to give it a miss.

all on the northern beaches is pretty reasonable. Personally I like the balgowlah, Seaforth, allambie area mainly because of work.

I have just applied for a fairly large 2 bedroom house on Allambie RD for $380

thats pretty good.

agree with the Balgowlah & Seaforth, they are probably the only suburbs I would move back to on the beaches along with Fairlight. Nice suburbs and the travel is not too bad into work from there.

The is my rationale as well Garts.
The place I am getting is only a 2 minute walkt o condamine street so should be able to get a bus pretty easily. I moved off the beaches because of public transport, but I can think of no better place to raise a family

agree mate, if I was in your situation I would be doing the exact same thing.

imagine what you would be paying for something similar in your current area. the young fella also needs some sort of yard to run around in.

[quote author=clontaago]
Yeah I will admit the rugby league coverage is pathetic, at best!!

Do they play it on tv at all??

[/quote]

not free to air but there is a number of pubs which show it ...I'm heading to Melbourne in the next year or so and spend a fair bit of time there already- heaps better place than sydney apart from the AFL ....as Doug said alot less wankers and better looking chicks!

Do you already have a job down there PJ??

Thats the problem with my situation i have no family down there and i don't know anyone... and will have no job basically.. but willing to do anything!

I am going to get a bar tending licence as i can get a job in a pub wherever i go i spose and also just about finished my austel licence (licence to work with phone lines and other cable) ... that the problems i have.. nowhere to stay when i get there and no job down there hahaha

But wanna give it a go

What about Shalvey Duff? Beautiful part of town.

Nutz when I moved to Melbourne 3 years ago I knew noboby except for my skanky ex girlfriend. It took me a fair while to establish friends and settle in. Now I have a great bunch of mates, a great job ( I did have to work some pretty crap jobs at first), and a cool flatmate (PJ thinks she is nice, she asked when you were coming down last night btw).

The key is to settle somewhere close to town and get involved in as much sport/social stuff as you can .

As for accommodation, when I moved out of my last place I jumped onto realestate.com.au and domain.com.au and looked under Share Accomodation. I found a place that I thought looked good, went around and checked it out, and moved in shortly after. I had no idea what the 2 chicks I was about to move in with were like, but a year later I'm still there.

Lifes all about taking risks and adventure. You only get one shot at it.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6