Long way to go with Membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Gotta give it to them...Won nothing for over 40 years, yet!!!

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/south-sydney-rabbitohs-reach-milestone-following-explosion-of-new-supporters/story-fndv36md-1226910648013

Funny thing is I live in the country and i see far more Manly jerseys/jumpers/shirts and anything else.

Then again our supporters actually have something to be proud of, 40 plus years of success.

Years ago, I was 2IC at the CQ branch of an international commercial/industrial cleaning company. We looked after many of the mine sites, power stations etc, etc from Rocky to Longreach / Bundaberg to Mackay. We had a good relationship with the Union at the time, and as such, every time we signed up a new employee, we would include a Union membership form with their paperwork, and explain that $4.60 would be automatically deducted from their pay each fortnight to cover their membership costs. Everyone was happy.

Maybe South's and Centrelink have the same set up?? $4.60 of your Single Parent or New Start allowance payment goes towards your Rabbit's membership each year.

That was wrong wasn't it? I seemingly glorified the Union. Sorry.

I'm up in the Hunter Valley and was surprised when I first moved up here the number of Manly supporters. I thought it would be a local crime to not support the Knights. But after the Knights, the Sea Eagles would be the most supported team up here.

Its the same here in Canberra. I see a lot of Manly jerseys.

When i went to the Manly V Canberra game at Canberra stadium last year, i reckon there had to be more manly jerseys than green ones.

Made me proud :)

bob dylan said:
Funny thing is I live in the country and i see far more Manly jerseys/jumpers/shirts and anything else.

Then again our supporters actually have something to be proud of, 40 plus years of success.
A lot of these have nothing else going on in their lives, except for Souths, a few packs of Winfield Blue, and the afternoon at the PubTab, or Pokies at the club.
At the moment they are experiencing some form of success by making the finals over the last couple of years, thanks to probably two of the five best players going around, Burgess and Inglis.
All of this membership is driven by hope, and they have been hoping for a long time,if they don't succeed this year, then it will be harder next year with Burgess gone despite Stewart going over, then we'll see if they can sustain this membership momentum.

Meh, just goes to show that more people like to have something to grumble about (perennial losers - souths) than there are people willing to enjoy the sunlight and happiness of following a successful nrl team (Manly)!

Frogz said:
Gotta give it to them...Won nothing for over 40 years, yet!!!

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/south-sydney-rabbitohs-reach-milestone-following-explosion-of-new-supporters/story-fndv36md-1226910648013

Yep 30,000 members is very impressive no matter which way you slice or dice it. Just shows while Manly may many fans out in country areas we still have a long way to go in broading our membership base.

I wonder if the huge Souths Juniors Club automatically include a Rabbids Membership? They have always been a very successful Club in the SE of Sydney.

There needs to be an investigation by the Manly Membership Team as to their strategies, as at every GF we have at least 40k in maroon & white (not maroon & white & blue FFS) :idea:

How much are their memberships? How much to they charge to sign up their pets as members?
While I know there are a lot of Souffs supporters, are we comparing Mazdas with BMWs here?

The Who said:
How much are their memberships? How much to they charge to sign up their pets as members?
While I know there are a lot of Souffs supporters, are we comparing Mazdas with BMWs here?

The article states that they earn $5m from 30k Members - thats about $160 per Membership :huh:

HappilyManly said:
The Who said:

The article states that they earn $5m from 30k Members - thats about $160 per Membership :huh:

Ours are substantial more than that, aren't they?

Duff said:
You'd know the answer to that if you were a member The Who.

I am both a long-term Wings member and pay close to $300 (I can't remember exactly), and I'm also a football club member. AND I STILL DON;T KNOW WHAT THE CLUB'S AVERAGE MEMBERSHIP WOULD BE. Hence the query.

We should have a fan forum regarding memberships, having Manly fans come from different places, that way we can get varied responses on how to improve.

:Dwhy put crap on other clubs I don't like souths but they have a bigger demographic area than us and a greater population in area so this should be expected . so what if they are not as affluent as some of us and who gives a hoot what they do with their money at least they are supporting their club just as we support ours so these postings are a waste of time. lets talk about what our club is doing for us not what others are doing for their followers

Start marketing towards all of North Sydney, previously the club has been scared to do anything due to looking like we're danicing on Norffs grave.
For example : Manly Juniors join up with Norths Juniors creating a Northern Shore championship - they all get junior pass's to Manly cheap memberships for adults that join up from these.
Cheaper Country Memberships - think I paid $150 for a Country Membership this season.
Take a game to New Zealand (not a Warriors game) and market a membership on that.

I read something where the Souths Cares charity pays for locals to become members and they count their pet memberships where as other clubs don't. Not sure how true it is, wouldn't surprise me though. They have to win something I guess...

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6