LOL @Silvertails

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Lyonstomenzies

Bencher
Premium Member
I don’t know who’s in a worse situation. The Manly Sea Eagles or Silvertails.

LOL away feathered friends ,it’s gonna be one hell of an off season at this rate.

I find it very funny when people say "first full seasons in the NRL can drain young players,"
First of all, they are young and full of energy to burn........
They only play for 80 minutes or less per week.......
Training is a 'doddle' and a ' skylark '
If Schuster spent less time running across field, he wouldn't be so 'drained'

OH!!!, you mean psychologically drained........

Roy & HG said it best all those years ago, when they said "It's a simple game, for simple people "

Even Phil Gould will say something silly, like, "They're still learning the game.........."
Yeah right, as if they would have learnt how to play Footy by the time, they retire............
My favourite is " It's a game of two halves "

Captain Obvious has retired from the arduous and strenuous task of sport commentary on Ch9.
Sterlo, I hope you are relaxing up on The Central Coast in NSW.
" If he'd went the other way and they didn't tackle him, he woulda scored " Classic Sterlo.
Of course, it is GONE not WENT.
Another favourite is Commentators' use of Utilised, which means used.
I have to go and read my Thesaurus now...........

Oh yeah, GO MANLY!!!!!!
There are Fibro & Weatherboard houses on the Northern Beaches & Housing Commission at Narraweena.
I lived in a Weatherboard at Avalon, in Kevin Ave.
I don't think Roy Masters has been to The Northern Beaches.
I won a Premiership at Beverly Job Park, Narraweena with The Mighty FORESTVILLE FERRETTS.

Go Manly!!!!!! 2023

Hot topics for Silvertails this summer
1. DCE is not worth his pay packet
2. Des doesn't understand the modern game
3. Manly recruitment is worse than lame
4. Penns should sell
5. jerseygate
6. DCE is not worth his pay packet
7. Manly recruitment is worse than lame
8. jerseygate
9. Des doesn't understand the modern game
10. jerseygate

etc!

I'm an old fella so naturally the game has changed a awful lot since I was playing park footy. But the game now is at another level where the players are professionals training nearly every day of the week. The game has become faster, more physical due to more high impact collisions when the 10 metre rule is properly policed and the ridiculous PV 6 again rule.

I agree the game itself can be a simple game and I coached kids sides with success focusing on playing basics with controlled football hitting big packs on the edges of the ruck working to points on the field to set up back line plays and kicking into corners then knocking the stuffing out of them. That is the old formula which still has relevance but only as a foundation. The game has changed and has morphed depending on what rules the illustrious leader at the time decides unilaterally to throw in the mix whilst telling sides its up to them to build their squads whilst he changes the landscape mid season.

Schuster played a tough season in 2021 at a young age in the second row and did extremely well regularly being near the top of the tackle count hardly a lazy second rower. He sustained injury and hit that psychological wall whilst it appears various other factors were at play whilst we were being told there is nothing to see here just look at smiling players in photos.

Young sportsman (boys) playing at the elite level after having struggled during their youth to make it to the big time often hit a psychological wall. Some call it second season syndrome but it depends on the player. How they respond to that can shape their career. I don't believe being a professional footballer at the elite level is simple nor easy. The players need to be managed well psychologically and their injuries carefully managed. It appears that out club has failed on both those fronts with players being brought back from covid and injury far too soon and division within the camp which is extremely unhealthy and we have seen the results of that this year. Division within the camp is the responsibility of the coach to remedy.

Comparing the expectation placed on these boys by us with what we did for fun as youngsters is a little unfair in my view. Sure when you excel at something it can be fun but these guys are trying to consistently excel at the top level week in and week out. That is a very tough assignment both psychologically and physically.

I don't like arrogance or egos either but sometimes its part of growing up. People on here need to give Schuster a break. 2023 will be the tell.

Having spent the season away from Silver tails I can say I actually enjoyed the season more than I would have or previous seasons.
Its like days of our lives on here except for a few straight shooters.
I've only ever blocked ( and still do) one member, and I can't recommend it highly enough.
Still watched every game and went to a few in Qld but missed the 89% of nonsense and ego in these pages

I'm an old fella so naturally the game has changed a awful lot since I was playing park footy. But the game now is at another level where the players are professionals training nearly every day of the week. The game has become faster, more physical due to more high impact collisions when the 10 metre rule is properly policed and the ridiculous PV 6 again rule.

I agree the game itself can be a simple game and I coached kids sides with success focusing on playing basics with controlled football hitting big packs on the edges of the ruck working to points on the field to set up back line plays and kicking into corners then knocking the stuffing out of them. That is the old formula which still has relevance but only as a foundation. The game has changed and has morphed depending on what rules the illustrious leader at the time decides unilaterally to throw in the mix whilst telling sides its up to them to build their squads whilst he changes the landscape mid season.

Schuster played a tough season in 2021 at a young age in the second row and did extremely well regularly being near the top of the tackle count hardly a lazy second rower. He sustained injury and hit that psychological wall whilst it appears various other factors were at play whilst we were being told there is nothing to see here just look at smiling players in photos.

Young sportsman (boys) playing at the elite level after having struggled during their youth to make it to the big time often hit a psychological wall. Some call it second season syndrome but it depends on the player. How they respond to that can shape their career. I don't believe being a professional footballer at the elite level is simple nor easy. The players need to be managed well psychologically and their injuries carefully managed. It appears that out club has failed on both those fronts with players being brought back from covid and injury far too soon and division within the camp which is extremely unhealthy and we have seen the results of that this year. Division within the camp is the responsibility of the coach to remedy.

Comparing the expectation placed on these boys by us with what we did for fun as youngsters is a little unfair in my view. Sure when you excel at something it can be fun but these guys are trying to consistently excel at the top level week in and week out. That is a very tough assignment both psychologically and physically.

I don't like arrogance or egos either but sometimes its part of growing up. People on here need to give Schuster a break. 2023 will be the tell.
Great post

I'm also a bit concerned that perhaps Schuster became a little bit of a pawn in a power struggle between Des and the club.

I hope everything was just fitness and form based

Having spent the season away from Silver tails I can say I actually enjoyed the season more than I would have or previous seasons.
I've only ever blocked ( and still do) one member, and I can't recommend it highly enough.
Still watched every game and went to a few in Qld but missed the 89% of nonsense and ego in these pages
What enticed you back? It was the club in turmoil wasn't it? 😉

It is a real shame as this is the case with many longer-term posters.

The days of respect, and diversified views seem to be a thing of the past.

Hot topics for Silvertails this summer
1. DCE is not worth his pay packet
2. Des doesn't understand the modern game
3. Manly recruitment is worse than lame
4. Penns should sell
5. jerseygate
6. DCE is not worth his pay packet
7. Manly recruitment is worse than lame
8. jerseygate
9. Des doesn't understand the modern game
10. jerseygate

etc!
So we're going to repeat ourselves and go around in circles.
That doesn't sound like Silvertails.
So we're going to repeat ourselves and go around in circles.
That doesn't sound like Silvertails@:D
Oh Lordy me, it's going to be a long summer.

I think you will find it will get pretty quiet around here after the world cups done and dusted..

I’ve been lurking around this site since about 2005 and pretty much forget about it during the offseason…

I’m happy to argue footy with people but when there’s no footy and it’s just arguing it’s not that enjoyable…
But come trials time, it goes straight back to multiple views per day and back into arguing footy… it’s fantastic after the offseason absence

I think you will find it will get pretty quiet around here after the world cups done and dusted..

I’ve been lurking around this site since about 2005 and pretty much forget about it during the offseason…

I’m happy to argue footy with people but when there’s no footy and it’s just arguing it’s not that enjoyable…
But come trials time, it goes straight back to multiple views per day and back into arguing footy… it’s fantastic after the offseason absence
Looking forward to the "whats your all time Manly team?" And "If you could sign any 3 players" threads. 😂

I generally avoid the game day thread whilst the game is on (I have read it occasionally whilst watching the game but find I then get too stressed!). It's interesting reading the thread back later as often players that I think had a decent game are almost vilified in the thread.
The enjoyment I get from ST is from the constructive back and forth between posters. Not the name calling. Oh, and there are some funny buggers on here too 🙂

I don’t know who’s in a worse situation. The Manly Sea Eagles or Silvertails.

LOL away feathered friends ,it’s gonna be one hell of an off season at this rate.
Does Silvertails have a recruitment and retention policy? If so we should consider putting some of the list into retirement. Our current list seems to include many members who passed their use by date in the previous century? Do we provide any pathways into membership for younger MWSE supporters? Do we have any plans to incorporate greater female membership?
I agree @Lyonstomenzies Silvertails is possibly in worse shape then MWSE.😄😃😀

I use Silvertails as a relax mechanism to wind down and talk about one of my favourite things, The Mighty Manly Sea Eagles.

Of late though, it is filled with bickering between, dare I say it, my community online family taking pot shots at each other on how we fix our club and who is to blame…… Sad face emoji now please.

Hopefully winning next year will have us all talking around different subjects that who is to blame. We start taking on who is better Choc, Randall or Ola. Snake, Wombat or Turbo??

Silvertails is much more fun when we are winning. Bring on 2023 and some new ideas around how we play.

There is a bit going on this year.

my off season higlights always include

Early feb some silvertailer, with a super woody for dce , gets home from the cricket after drinking 42 schooners , puts on the DCE onsie, and watches the 2013 GF replay and starts waxing lyrical about DCE and how everyone lets him down .

anyway in a far away place, lets call it adelaide,( thanks mainly to mr Turnball for inventing the internet.)
another poster, lets call him jbb/ JIM is watching the same cricket from home , and in on his 3rd beer but just as messy, and his MRS has already chipped him about leaving his sippy cup on the coffee table withou a coaster

so , you can see it will be a tinder box just waiting to explode and my hands are tied. Unless the crickets cancelled i suppose

But anyway , for the next few hours its perspective this, persoective that. Go and get you perspective elsewhere thanks buddy, and you are so full of perspective

until the announce 103 players for the trials and people start complaining about the starting 9 being first cab off an enormous rank. Aaaaah normality

in conclusion , if your bored and want to hear from someone, get smashed and start waxing on, hang on, that doesnt sound like what i was going for. Ah well

laugh at yourself more people. Too serious

There is a bit going on this year.

my off season higlights always include

Early feb some silvertailer, with a super woody for dce , gets home from the cricket after drinking 42 schooners , puts on the DCE onsie, and watches the 2013 GF replay and starts waxing lyrical about DCE and how everyone lets him down .

anyway in a far away place, lets call it adelaide,( thanks mainly to mr Turnball for inventing the internet.)
another poster, lets call him jbb/ JIM is watching the same cricket from home , and in on his 3rd beer but just as messy, and his MRS has already chipped him about leaving his sippy cup on the coffee table withou a coaster

so , you can see it will be a tinder box just waiting to explode and my hands are tied. Unless the crickets cancelled i suppose

But anyway , for the next few hours its perspective this, persoective that. Go and get you perspective elsewhere thanks buddy, and you are so full of perspective

until the announce 103 players for the trials and people start complaining about the starting 9 being first cab off an enormous rank. Aaaaah normality

in conclusion , if your bored and want to hear from someone, get smashed and start waxing on, hang on, that doesnt sound like what i was going for. Ah well

laugh at yourself more people. Too serious
Perfect.
May I add that late in the off season comes a furnace of enthusiasm that has us winning the premiership not just in the coming year, but for decades to come.
This is followed by the usual Round One loss.
My greatest hope for Seibold is a WIN in Round bloody One.

Perfect.
May I add that late in the off season comes a furnace of enthusiasm that has us winning the premiership not just in the coming year, but for decades to come.
Yes the dynasties and round 1 curse.
last couple of season starts have been really off pace

Perfect.

Nice summary @Budgie I have noticed that the furnace of enthusiasm is often based around the incredible potential of one of our previously unknown juniors stepping up and/or the rebirth of an old favorite who has magically become bigger, stronger, and faster over the off-season. Then there is the ubiquitous photo of one of our new forwards benching more than anyone in the NRL has ever achieved. Usually, poor trial form is completely ignored as it's "only a trial match". However, if we win the trial we will be guaranteed to win the first 10 rounds against all comers. Yes, its all trending nicely at this stage. Go Manly.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4