LOL @ Scott Penn. LOL @ Joe Kelly. LOL @ the Manly "Business" men

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The reason is that in almost EVERY thread currently there are still sniping and pot shots going on. I would just like to see supporters "build a bridge" and get behind the club including the Penns. Just wait and see what can be achieved when the negatives goes away and we get behind the owners and the team.
MAYBE THE PENNS CAN BUILD A BRIDGE WITH THE 20M THEY STOLE FROM RABBLE RABBLE!!!

The reason is that in almost EVERY thread currently there are still sniping and pot shots going on. I would just like to see supporters "build a bridge" and get behind the club including the Penns. Just wait and see what can be achieved when the negatives goes away and we get behind the owners and the team.
Watch all the Narks jump on the band wagon when we start winning again in 2016

No. You bumped this thread up soley cause you are in the pro-Penn camp. Some of us are not. It doesn't matter on which side you fall because every genuine Manly fan on here supports the team.

**Newsflash** you don't have to support the owners of Sea Eagles Ltd to support the Manly team.

So when you were perusing the contracts associated with these transactions did anything else stand out for you or was it just the numbers you were looking at?

Of course I haven't seen any contracts, only figures posted here previously.

Now I'll ask you, do you find it odd that a parcel of land associated and owned by Manly ever since I can remember ended up in the hands of the penns for pittance and sold for an enormous financial gain when a family member was involved in the process with all the inside information?

None of that money went back to Manly and I have a problem with it.

You think the penns were lucky enough to be around at the exact time a $15 million dollar (or so) windfall fell their way?

I suspect they positioned themselves with inside knowledge to get it.

I don't have any inside info, just what I can see for myself.

And if you don't want it brought up again you shouldn't resurrect old threads and then shoot down people replying to them!

At what point has any of us that don't like the penns ever said anything bad against Manly as a football club?

We'll all enjoy any success we have as we always do. It doesn't mean we have to like the owners and how they operate. I certainly don't trust them.

They at least had the sense to get Fulton in to clean up their mess.

And it doesn't guarantee success next year either.

I will be there for every game like I have since 1980. Hardly a bandwagon supporter here!

Agee I hate the way Penn and Zorba are destroying the club - look at the way the team of last year has been dismantled and the way they have invested in rebuilding the training facilities at Narrabeen, all the positive media coverage, plans to start Brookie redevelopment, the new approach to recruitment etc - nothing but a ploy to trash our history, destroy the club and pack up and move us to the central coast or Qld.

I am over this new way of management
Playing out of the central coast or QLD may not be far from the truth seeing that we don't have a contract to play at brookie yet.

Maybe the Penns can buy Brookie hotel and rename it Di Di's complete with sticky carpet and scrubbers

So a pre-requisite to enjoying our club's success is being pro-Penn?

I despise the Penns with a passion. The latest "Life Membership" propaganda stunt is simply another nail in the coffin for any bridge building. I am not unhappy with player recruitment, although I believe Toovey would have been the right man as coach. Particularly with the roster we'll have next season.

Like I said, I hate the Penns with a passion. However, I am more passionate about our team.

No. You bumped this thread up soley cause you are in the pro-Penn camp. Some of us are not. It doesn't matter on which side you fall because every genuine Manly fan on here supports the team.

**Newsflash** you don't have to support the owners of Sea Eagles Ltd to support the Manly team.

Ok, which side of the "fence" are you though Mals, and why?

Know what side of the fence I am? The one at Brooky, with a beer, pie & watching this great team run around. I don't give a toss about Zorba, Kelly, Penns, Delmege, the stolen fridge, sandwhiches, money from the club, Saunders & all that.

I still don't get why people care about that stuff? Just enjoy the team and the game. Heck, at this point, even fisticuffs with @Wombat Legacy behind the dunnies is a preference over all the political BS ;)

Know what side of the fence I am? The one at Brooky, with a beer, pie & watching this great team run around. I don't give a toss about Zorba, Kelly, Penns, Delmege, the stolen fridge, sandwhiches, money from the club, Saunders & all that.

I still don't get why people care about that stuff? Just enjoy the team and the game. Heck, at this point, even fisticuffs with @Wombat Legacy behind the dunnies is a preference over all the political BS ;)
Don't talk sanity here Ryan. Wrong forum.

No you can't make me do this Ryan, it is well documented elsewhere, this is not time for a couch confession with Oprah @:blush: I support the Manly players and the Manly coaching staff. I have bought my membership for next season and am looking forward to us smashing Desmond's Dogs on March 4... that is all :)

Loving the off season, even when the media is favourable towards us for once we re-hash threads to have a go at fellow supporters.

Seriously ppl what's done is done, there are ppl pro Penn/anti Penn but in the end we finally have some positive news as opposed to the rubbish over the last couple of seasons.

Just to be clear about it i hate the way Toovs was treated, watching him last night on the NRL team review in all the clips from NRL 360 to the press conference to when he officially got sacked made me sad as he deserved better so probably puts me in the anti Penn side of the ring. Couldn't care about Penn, Zorba and Co but as much as i don't agree with how they do things, you have to at least give some credit that they are putting in the $$$ to give us a team to support and made some unpopular decisions that has lead to the assembly of one of the strongest (on paper) teams that i can recall in our proud history.

There are things they could do a lot better but they call the shots and getting wound up over re-hashed threads is pointless.

I say all this because i want all our awesome fans and supporters to put aside thier views on management and focus on the coming season, which already without a ball being kicked is one of the most exciting in recent memory :)

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Of course I haven't seen any contracts, only figures posted here previously.

Now I'll ask you, do you find it odd that a parcel of land associated and owned by Manly ever since I can remember ended up in the hands of the penns for pittance and sold for an enormous financial gain when a family member was involved in the process with all the inside information?

None of that money went back to Manly and I have a problem with it.

You think the penns were lucky enough to be around at the exact time a $15 million dollar (or so) windfall fell their way?

I suspect they positioned themselves with inside knowledge to get it.

I don't have any inside info, just what I can see for myself.

And if you don't want it brought up again you shouldn't resurrect old threads and then shoot down people replying to them!
I am not pro Penn, I just don't like the idea of making defamatory judgments abut people on the basis of rumor and heresay. You don't know that's what happened any more than I do. If the deal was truly that bad why has it not been investigated by the authorities?????

I am not pro Penn, I just don't like the idea of making defamatory judgments abut people on the basis of rumor and heresay. You don't know that's what happened any more than I do. If the deal was truly that bad why has it not been investigated by the authorities?????

Maybe there was nothing illegal in it but even you have to see that if the figures are true, then something fishy went down.

I remember when we were a rich club then our cash reserves got eroded away with the Leagues not being able to put $ in anymore.

Then we were asset rich but now those assets have gone with no $ to the club.

It just makes me wonder why the penns come on board AFTER Max pumped his money in. Seems they saw an opportunity and took it.

I don't think we'll ever see eye to eye on this.

Maybe there was nothing illegal in it but even you have to see that if the figures are true, then something fishy went down.

I remember when we were a rich club then our cash reserves got eroded away with the Leagues not being able to put $ in anymore.

Then we were asset rich but now those assets have gone with no $ to the club.

It just makes me wonder why the penns come on board AFTER Max pumped his money in. Seems they saw an opportunity and took it.

I don't think we'll ever see eye to eye on this.
I agree we can agree to disagree.

The Penns were involved before Max and stepped back when Max offered more $$$. 2 years later Max approached the Penns to come on board because all he had pumped in was gone.

The only success you might have is the gradual disintegration of the club and it's culture, which you fail to understand, as your apparent plans appear to show. Your actions are and have been contrary to everything the club has stood for.

You can't even successfully time an announcement to backstab one of our greats.

What frauds. You "business" men can't even "business" well. While it saddens me to see you chip away at our great club, I can't help but laugh at your utter incompetence and buffoonery. So I will thank you begrudgingly for the amusement.

What a satisfying win.
Hi Toovs

Hope that you are enjoying your holidays

Just different approaches I guess. I'm of the shut up and it will eventually die down school of thought. Each to their own.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4