Lol@Sam

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So every NRL player who copes a fine / 3 points should be stood down?

That's is the reason for my ?.

We know DUI is dangerous, do it and you will be stood down.

How dangerous is driving while fiddling with a phone filming your passenger? How irresponsible is it? I know of at least one recent death of a teenage girl driver has been attributed to her being on the phone, her boyfiend heard the accident.

I guess my Q is , where is the line. Is one socially acceptable and the other not?

That's is the reason for my ?.

We know DUI is dangerous, do it and you will be stood down.

How dangerous is driving while fiddling with a phone filming your passenger? How irresponsible is it? I know of at least one recent death of a teenage girl driver has been attributed to her being on the phone, her boyfiend heard the accident.

I guess my Q is , where is the line. Is one socially acceptable and the other not?

The police judge this to be a 3 point offence. Why should the NRL place a different penalty on it?

Well others have been stood down for 4 weeks for losing 12 points.

Where do you draw the line?

So no matter what happens players will get suspended if they receive demerit points? We are equating minor traffic offences with ones which are more serious...I am sorry I do not see how that works

I actually like Sam as a player (excluding his squirrel grips) and he seems like a respectful fella, but I don't mind if the NRL want to take a week to review the situation thus leaving him free to play the eels. Then in this magical rugby league world he has a belter of a game and carves the squeals up before the nrl's monday/tuesday verdict that lays down a heavy 18 game ban to 'set an example' haha c'mon greenburg!;):praying::crystalball:

So no matter what happens players will get suspended if they receive demerit points? We are equating minor traffic offences with ones which are more serious...I am sorry I do not see how that works

The question still remains - where do you draw the line?

Remember they say driving with a mobile is as dangerous as driving drunk

The question still remains - where do you draw the line?

Remember they say driving with a mobile is as dangerous as driving drunk
If so then it is up to the police, not the NRL, to decide the punishment. When that happens and is the same as drink driving then there should be a similar penalty.

Someone just put this on FB and its actually a good point.....

"He [Sam Burgess] has confessed to committing an act which is illegal in NSW, and could have resulted in injury or worse to another person.

Mitchell Pearce was heavily fined and suspended for an incident that was not illegal and occurred in a private residence.

In light of this, one wonders if the NRL will impose a penalty (fine or suspension or both) for this and consequently, bringing the game into disrepute.
"

Now while I'm not condoning what Pearce did, the poster is correct. What he did wasn't illegal, was in private and posed no threat to anyone else's life (mental stress on the dog maybe?). What Burgess did was illegal and could have caused a road accident that resulted in loss of life. Which was worse?

what about doggie love while driving o_O

I didn't say that .... I'm at work hanging for imminent retirement:rolleyes:

what about doggie love while driving o_O

I didn't say that .... I'm at work hanging for imminent retirement:rolleyes:

Doggie love eh......sure you're not looking for a Golden Earring or Radar Love?

Here, have a salad. Its Choc full of retirement goodness :p
13082632_943633212401415_323531103210357606_n.jpg

The police judge this to be a 3 point offence. Why should the NRL place a different penalty on it?

So by that rationale, why do the NRL place a different penalty on say Liam Knight's DUI charge? Other players have suffered an additional penalty from the NRL for domestic issues, sexual assault, drunk and disorderly etc that have come before the courts - with some disproven in court later.
They fined Mary McGregor $10K for being DUI despite it being dealt with by the judicial system.

If he is an idiot enough to broadcast it on instagram/twitter/etc he deserves more.

So by that rationale, why do the NRL place a different penalty on say Liam Knight's DUI charge? Other players have suffered an additional penalty from the NRL for domestic issues, sexual assault, drunk and disorderly etc that have come before the courts - with some disproven in court later.
They fined Mary McGregor $10K for being DUI despite it being dealt with by the judicial system.

If he is an idiot enough to broadcast it on instagram/twitter/etc he deserves more.

You are comparing the two?

One is a 3 point fine the other an 18 month good behaviour bond? One saw the person arrested and the other a fine in the post?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...g/news-story/101e67589c8d435e995e4784abdc7066

And you are comparing this to domestic abuse? Also McGregor was fined by the club not the NRL

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/4/dragons-fine-paul-mcgregor-$10000/

One question back to you..would you want Jamie Lyon suspended for a game by going 75 in a 60 zone?

You are comparing the two?

One is a 3 point fine the other an 18 month good behaviour bond? One saw the person arrested and the other a fine in the post?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...g/news-story/101e67589c8d435e995e4784abdc7066

And you are comparing this to domestic abuse? Also McGregor was fined by the club not the NRL

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/4/dragons-fine-paul-mcgregor-$10000/

One question back to you..would you want Jamie Lyon suspended for a game by going 75 in a 60 zone?

No, I'm not comparing the two, I was using examples to back my point against your comment -
"The police judge this to be a 3 point offence. Why should the NRL place a different penalty on it?"

So why should the NRL place a different penalty on any other offence regardless of the fine/penalty or demerit points?
Where do they draw the line?

No, I'm not comparing it to domestic abuse.

No, I wouldn't want Jamie Lyon suspended for a speeding fine...unless of course he filmed himself doing it and broadcast it to his instagram "followers", then he should get a week for being an irresponsible showpony.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7