[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Here is Kieren waking up and wondering whether or not he's happy at Parra this morning
upload_2016-2-18_19-28-0.png

Eelectric

The atmosphere is Eelectric..
As an objective observer can I just add one constructive comment.

Those little buttons (e.g. the light bulbs & dashboard) are a tad confusing. You have to press them first, before you know what they mean, which means you can express the wrong meaning unintentionally.

I'll get the hang of. The troll one I know well & I'll get the hang of the rest. Like v agree etc.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
This thread has been one of the most entertaining things I have read. The wit, repartee and retorts from silvertail members has been 1st class.

So good in fact, that I suggest that rather than discourage trolls, we in fact challenge other forums to a once a year debate . Each club forum could select say 3-5 members to represent them (champions) and let the barbs fly.

That is if Parra have 3 literate members.

Rex

Bencher
As an objective observer can I just add one constructive comment.

Those little buttons (e.g. the light bulbs & dashboard) are a tad confusing. You have to press them first, before you know what they mean, which means you can express the wrong meaning unintentionally.

I'll get the hang of. The troll one I know well & I'll get the hang of the rest. Like v agree etc.
On a computer the description appears when you hover your mouse above an icon.

In order they are:
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
Funny
Winner
Informative
Optimistic
Clever
Yart-tastic
Ironstine
Dummy Spit
Troll

* The Ironstine icon is an in-house joke - meaning Einstein. Hopefully used in a positive sense but some use it sarcastically

* The Yart-tastic icon is an in-house joke you'd never guess. Our resident Norths supporter convert who has become possibly our most passionate Manly supporter is the famous and much-loved Ryan. Ryan loves coming up with team-lists. He became so famous for this that his team lists were called YARTs for short - Yet Another Ryan Team. So Yart-tastic is rating a team list as great.

Perhaps after you see the light and convert to Manly we'll find an icon for you too.

Last edited:

Eelectric

On a computer the description appears when you hover your mouse above an icon.

In order they are:
Dislike
Agree
Disagree
Funny
Winner
Informative
Optimistic
Clever
Yart-tastic
Ironstine
Dummy Spit
Troll

* The Ironstine icon is an in-house joke - meaning Einstein. Hopefully used in a positive sense but some use it sarcastically

* The Yart-tastic icon is an in-house joke you'd never guess. Our resident Norths supporter convert who has become possibly our most passionate Manly supporter is the famous and much-loved Ryan. Ryan loves coming up with team-lists. He became so famous for this that his team lists were called YARTs for short - Yet Another Ryan Team. So Yart-tastic is rating a team list as great.

Thanks Rex, This is far more complex than the Facebook or Instagram one-buttons ! Well, I suppose it allows for emotional nuances

Perhaps after you see the light and convert to Manly we'll find an icon for you too.

Rex, you're one heck of a likeable poster & I suspect a great guy in real life & there's a lot of entertaining wit on here .. but ... divorce & euthanasia, would come before I supported the eagles or any team other than the Eels.

It seems that parra - doesn't - matta supporters get really fired up over the disrespect that they get from the arrogant Silvertails members on the arrogant Silvertails forum.

parra- doesn't - matta supporters just need to go back to the doesn't matta forum and stop looking at arrogant websites.

Pretty simples.... even for a chief operating habib.

Eelectric

Funny story @Eelectric

My best mate and I both turned 60 last year.

We both signed up for Junior RL when we were 8, he got the team with the Parramatta jersey and I got the team with the Manly jersey.

52 years later we still don't get on as far as footy goes!!

Congrats on turning 60, Mark.

Obviously, you have excellent taste in best friends !

You guys must be doing something right (in addition to the club he supports) seeing footy fueds have a chance to outlast a lot of marriages.

PS: Mate, put up a recent picture, you can't put up stuff when you were 32 , if you're really 60+. Misleads the birds.

Gib the Pom

Reserve Grader
Hello Mr Pommy Gib,

Lets see how 2016 pans out. Good plan, hey ? (i.e. commonly referred to as 'not counting your chickens' or 'getting off your horse').

Agree. Lets skip any conversation re the Eels unexpected Nines success & some of your injuries.

So Pommy Gib, if consideration was ever to be given, to an more appropriate forum name, a very BIG IF, obviously, which do you think is the catchiest or most apt:

"Parramatta Eagles" , "Parra Eagles" or "Silvertailed Eels" ?

Perhaps I came on slightly too strong. I found your original post's to be slightly hypocritical regarding the remarks of us being arrogant, and then correcting us on what we would call success, and as per a few other posters we expect another typical Parra troll.

As I've read the rest of the thread, you seem to actually be a reasonable poster, and taken most of the stick in your stride, thanks, and long may that continue.

For the record, I certainly am not counting my chickens regarding 2016. But I am excited, and gee that's a refreshing feeling after what has been a pretty negative all-around 2 years.

As for Parra, understandably fan's will be feeling similar excitement after some bold recruitment, not dissimilar to ourselves. Am I ballsy enough to make a call on where you'll finish? I'll wait for the cap situation to be resolved first I think... on paper you should compete for the top 8 easily in comparison with some ordinary sides who will be looking to do the same. But, and I don't mean to poke you with this, it is Parra... and they have had many a supposed rebirth only to fail spectacularly, and that's always a chance if not likelihood until you actually get out there a prove otherwise.

Anyway, apologies for a frisky introduction, you keep it cool round here and it's actually a lot of fun.

Eelectric

Eelectric,
I am assuming you are not Chief just having another go at everyone in a different kind of way and my view is that anyone no matter who they support is more than welcome to come on here and post. Whilst I don't post I read one eyed eel, kennel, chook pen etc and they are a good source of info.

Strange thing about Chief is that no one seems to like him on one eyed eel either. The bloke must want to be disliked by all and sundry is all I can ascertain by reading his posts. In fact he seems to post more on here now than one eyed eel.

Hi JenEagle,

'Chief' seemed to have left a very bitter taste with a lot of Eagles supporters here.

This is the first time, I've posted in a footy forum outside the Eels ones so I'm slowly getting up to speed.

On 1EE, Chief, I thought, seemed ok. Very direct about expressing his opinion, bluntly at times ,was a gut feel, but I don't mind that. As long as a person can also stand back & look at the big picture beyond his own tribe & prejudices, to understand both.

I'm a bit surprised, some posters suggested Chief was playing games , big-noting himself - but if he did, he did. Ultimately, I don't know Chief well enough to formulate an overall view with surety.

However, as an Eels fan of 36 years, in my brief & limited stay here, adjusting to my troll entitlements, I've enjoyed the banter here.

There are some genuinely decent, intelligent & witty people here - as is there on 1EE.

Eelectric

Perhaps I came on slightly too strong. I found your original post's to be slightly hypocritical regarding the remarks of us being arrogant, and then correcting us on what we would call success, and as per a few other posters we expect another typical Parra troll.

As I've read the rest of the thread, you seem to actually be a reasonable poster, and taken most of the stick in your stride, thanks, and long may that continue.

For the record, I certainly am not counting my chickens regarding 2016. But I am excited, and gee that's a refreshing feeling after what has been a pretty negative all-around 2 years.

As for Parra, understandably fan's will be feeling similar excitement after some bold recruitment, not dissimilar to ourselves. Am I ballsy enough to make a call on where you'll finish? I'll wait for the cap situation to be resolved first I think... on paper you should compete for the top 8 easily in comparison with some ordinary sides who will be looking to do the same. But, and I don't mean to poke you with this, it is Parra... and they have had many a supposed rebirth only to fail spectacularly, and that's always a chance if not likelihood until you actually get out there a prove otherwise.

Anyway, apologies for a frisky introduction, you keep it cool round here and it's actually a lot of fun.

Hey Gib, All good.

Don't go soft on me. I was pretty arrogant lol.

Unless you have a diobolical run with injuries again, you should be around that top 4 , I would of thought. You've got a very balanced side.

Your forwards are looking great & should provide enough of a platform for your backline, still one of the best.

Good mix of Power & skill - Myles, Tapau , Lewis (very underestimated), Lawrence returning with Starling & Buhrer (both back ?) & Jake Turbo. Mateo, I like him, but I think he's way past his best, sorry.

I actually think starting with Matt Parcell is a blessing in disguise, adding energy & speed around the ruck, which youd think will create havoc around tiring defence. Otherwise, Api (not sure when he'll be back?) is another who can create openings.

Not sure about Walker. He's a talent, elusive, fast, great running game but is a return back to 5/8 is his best position ? Ballplaying ? As a primary Kicker ? last tackle options ? Might take him time or take his game to the next level. Will be interesting, otherwise Lyon may step in worst case ?

As Eels supporters, I quietly confident of making the eight if we start on 0. Let's get past Feb 29.

Our backline is the best (on paper) its been since I can remember & we've got good depth. I know you guys don't rate our forwards but I think they're under-rated.

PS: I admire Choc, though over the last 2 years, even when he played origin, I noticed a significant decline. He always seems injured & just didn't appear to be the same powerhouse he was. Gone were those bonerattling moments he handed out. He used to be a fire brand, so it's somewhat ironic he's now seen more of a pseudo leader for the younger crew. I'm hoping he'll improve on 2015 but not overlay confident.

Stay well Gib .

Last edited:

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
I actually think the Parra roster is good enough for the fringe of the Top 8, but their really big problem is the coach. The Dalai is a seriously bad coach, just ask the Bateman Bay Tigers what they think of his ability. In his first year coaching there they did not win a single game. In the NRL he has an appalling coaching record and has not even come close to coaching a team to the finals.

From all accounts he is a pretty good assistant but good assistants don't always make good Head Coaches with John Cartwright's name springing to mind there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16