LoL - Jesus - Make an effort !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan link said:
. . . but honestly, and you tell me - who would be a better CEO of The Manly Sea Eagles:-

1. Grant Mayer or
2. Graham Lowe
As of right now, Lowe is far better.
Mayer achieved a lot and showed promise of more to come, but could not overcome the ownership conundrum.
Lowe is still here, he knows what the critical issue is for this club at this time, and he hasn't failed yet.

Ryan link said:
\"Deary deary me, So dissapointing that such passionate fans are not more supportive and encouraging of people that have obviously got the best interest of the club at heart\".

Vid, not everyone that has the club close to their hearts make the best or smartest decisions (I appreciate people make mistakes), but honestly, and you tell me - who would be a better CEO of The Manly Sea Eagles:-

1. Grant Mayer or
2. Graham Lowe

I understand there's no point going down that road - because our opinions mean naught in hindsight.

I guess I'm just disappointed that the position we are currently in, is predominantly a reaction to events that did not need to transpire. I also consider the contingency to be of less quality, than what I would almost call the scapegoat in all of this in Mayer.

Get over it, the guy is gone.

Oh the irony that Mayer gets to build the new AFL franchise that could yet hurt several Sydney clubs, including Manly.

Matabele link said:
Oh the irony that Mayer gets to build the new AFL franchise that could yet hurt several Sydney clubs, including Manly.
I lament the loss of Mayer but he is gone, so best move on. (though the culprits live on.)

To be realistic, the Western Sydney AFL will have neglible affect on Manly. Greater options for Rugby Players with a new Super 15 team will be more likely to have an impact imo.

vidmar link said:
I’d like to think that we all hope Graham goes well and brings success to the club on and off the field…Time will tell if that’s the case?
Hi Vidmar, I can't help noticing your somewhat unusual use of question marks?
Ps, I hope you are well?
:)
Go Manly?
???

Hey Vid - can you please give us an update on how Scott / Max are getting on, and if their working relationship is sweet as at the moment (hoping so)?

If not, will this affect decision making?

Ryan link said:
Hey Vid - can you please give us an update on how Scott / Max are getting on, and if their working relationship is sweet as at the moment (hoping so)?

If not, will this affect decision making?

Sorry for the delayed response but have been overseas.

I don't spend time with Scott and Max so can't comment on how "they are getting on"

I can however give my comments on how the Sea Eagles board as a whole seem to be going (in respect of “decision making” in your post)

In around June 09 we saw the appointment of the likes of Kerry Chrysiliou (who stepped up from Rick Penn’s proxy to a full time director), Melinda Gainsford Taylor and Jack Elsegood.

As was reported in the Manly Daily (Quote from Bob Reilly)

““It’s all part of the healing process,” he said. “It’s putting us on the right foot going forward. The new appointments will alleviate the tensions on the board and allows the place to function as it should. The board needed wholesale changes. For us to do it now, mid-season, should show a united front on and off the field as we close in on the finals.””

From then the fact that we have heard diddly in the media about board tension would, I suggest, speak volumes.

From all I see and hear the changes seem to have been very positive.

To be honest, at the moment we see more public slagging off of club officials on this site than we ever did in the media  

SER8 – All good thanks mate, the question mark was there purposely – time will tell but of course I’m on record as wishing Graham well for the coming season and fervently hope he proves some of the doomsayers on here wrong as of course like the majority of supporters I’d love to see the club become profitable and even more successful on and off the field.

I think we all hope Graham proves us all wrong and eventually is rated as one of the best administrators in the NRL.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Would you be happier with success or failure Mata ?

Don't worry Kiwi Eagle, for a guy who claims to be a passionate supporter of the Sea Eagles he very rarely has anything positive to say about the club, the players, administrators or even other fans.

Sad really...

vidmar link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=182246.msg249519#msg249519 date=1263961952]

Don't worry Kiwi Eagle, for a guy who claims to be a passionate supporter of the Sea Eagles he very rarely has anything positive about the club, the players, administrators or even other fans.

Sad really...
[/quote]

Generally speaking, discussion on a forum isn't about fluff, but moreso topic to be debated - therefore trends will be of the negative nature. Sure, toe the party line if that's how you feel, but accept others opinions if they don't.

Would you rather he lies about how he feels to please you, and stop you from thinking it's sad. Maybe we all should. Would that be better?

I tell you what - it would be a boring ****ing world for all if that was the case, and the way things we administered.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=182246.msg249524#msg249524 date=1263962923]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=182246.msg249519#msg249519 date=1263961952]

Don't worry Kiwi Eagle, for a guy who claims to be a passionate supporter of the Sea Eagles he very rarely has anything positive about the club, the players, administrators or even other fans.

Sad really...
[/quote]

Generally speaking, discussion on a forum isn't about fluff, but moreso topic to be debated - therefore trends will be of the negative nature. Sure, toe the party line if that's how you feel, but accept others opinions if they don't.

Would you rather he lies about how he feels to please you, and stop you from thinking it's sad. Maybe we all should. Would that be better?

I tell you what - it would be a boring F**king world for all if that was the case, and the way things we administered.
[/quote]

No Ryan - absolutely not!

Everyone is entitled to say what they feel.

But this isn’t about fluff or debate or toeing party lines or even others opinions

I responded to your question and posted facts that I would hope to be seen by many as positive news about the Sea Eagles board and then my support of our new CEO.

The Wheel gave his opinion.

But the fact that some then try to turn that in to a negative or can only offer derogatory and snidey remarks in response says far more about them than my acceptance of other people’s points of views.

I just wanted to add something to the post above.

I’ve just returned from 3 days in Auckland where I was on business.

Whilst there I took time in the evenings to visit the hotel that many of the Travelling Supportahs will be staying at for the Warriors game at Easter and also visited the place that we’ll be gathering on Saturday night before the game on Sunday to check the place out and meet the staff.

When I got back last night there was an email from Mark T to the people who were booked on the trip which updated them on a few things and introduced everyone (there are 42 confirmed on the trip with 9 travelling from Brisvegas airport and the remainder from Sydney with around another half a dozen still to finalise bookings or making up their minds so far – still spots available for those that would like to go?).

I then updated people on what I’d seen and gave them a few hints and tips from my trip and during the day have received a fair few emails and been cc’d on others from people excited about the trip and swapping stories, making plans and general light hearted ribbing and out right p**s take about this or previous trips.

There is a genuine excitement about the coming season and people are enjoying supporting their team and it’s fun.

Each and every one of these people will and does have opinions about the club and its players and management and are in the main passionate about getting them across whether others are in agreement or not BUT they don’t seem to focus constantly on the negatives or deride any or everything club related..

This is not meant to kick off a whole debate about “true support” or who is the better fan, rather that when I see people generally being excited and happy in the support of their club and enjoying it and the interaction with other fans and then compare the doom and gloom and often unfounded attacks on this site from time to time it is a stark and obvious contrast and makes me wonder why there are some that are trying to promote this culture on here.

Happy to hear any thoughts?

Hopefully may catcb up with some of the crew up in Auckland Vid, not 100% sure I will head up yet but am trying to put some wheels in motion with a few mates

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4