[Resurrected] Lol @ Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I supported Barrett as Manly coach and wanted him to succeed.
However the manner of his exit disappointed me. 'Significantly'. To the point it would now give me pleasure to see him fail.
To be clear, I'm not assuming he will fail, but I sure do want him to!
^^^^
This is my thoughts too

Barrett is to coaching what the Bears were to Rugby League.

Has some potential, got supporters hopes up year after year, before ultimately failing, then invariably blaming everyone else.

'Disappointing': Peponis blasts Bulldogs over axing of CEO Hill

By Christian Nicolussi SMH​

January 12, 2021 — 3.21pm
Canterbury legend George Peponis has taken aim at the Bulldogs for axing good friend and chief executive Andrew Hill at short notice.

The Sydney club, notorious for its boardroom dramas, is now without a CEO, head of football and head of commercial just two months out from the season.

Despite a club press release claiming Hill had resigned, Hill was told by chairman John Khoury late on Monday his services were no longer required. He inked an extension just last year and guided the club through one of its toughest periods in history.

Peponis has worked with Hill in the past, including at the 2017 World Cup, and was disappointed – yet hardly surprised – a good man had been let go by the so-called ‘‘Family Club’’.

Their team (and backline) next year will be outrageous !

01. Josh Addo-Carr
02. Nick Cotric
05. Jayden Okunbor
06. Matt Burton
07. Kyle Flannagan

And have to squeeze Will Hopoate, Corey Allan, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Christian Crichton, Jake Averillo & Tuipulotu Katoa in there somewhere?

Their team (and backline) next year will be outrageous !

01. Josh Addo-Carr
02. Nick Cotric
05. Jayden Okunbor
06. Matt Burton
07. Kyle Flannagan

And have to squeeze Will Hopoate, Corey Allan, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Christian Crichton, Jake Averillo & Tuipulotu Katoa in there somewhere?
Yep, "Bred, not bought" was their catch-cry, wasn't it?

'Disappointing': Peponis blasts Bulldogs over axing of CEO Hill​

By Christian Nicolussi SMH​

January 12, 2021 — 3.21pm
Canterbury legend George Peponis has taken aim at the Bulldogs for axing good friend and chief executive Andrew Hill at short notice.

The Sydney club, notorious for its boardroom dramas, is now without a CEO, head of football and head of commercial just two months out from the season.

Despite a club press release claiming Hill had resigned, Hill was told by chairman John Khoury late on Monday his services were no longer required. He inked an extension just last year and guided the club through one of its toughest periods in history.

Peponis has worked with Hill in the past, including at the 2017 World Cup, and was disappointed – yet hardly surprised – a good man had been let go by the so-called ‘‘Family Club’’.
Yep, he was pushed, I have it on good authority

There is drama behind the scenes at the Canterbury Bulldogs on the coaching staff that the great “Gus” Gould will need to sort out before the start of next season.

We are told from reliable sources that under-pressure head coach Trent Barrett and his assistant David Furner haven’t exactly jelled this season as a coaching partnership.

There is a bit of a blame game happening between the pair that many of the players are talking about.

While few expected they would be playing finals football this year, the Bulldogs have had a disgraceful season with two wins and 21 losses going into the final round against the Wests Tigers.

There is drama behind the scenes at the Canterbury Bulldogs on the coaching staff that the great “Gus” Gould will need to sort out before the start of next season.

We are told from reliable sources that under-pressure head coach Trent Barrett and his assistant David Furner haven’t exactly jelled this season as a coaching partnership.

There is a bit of a blame game happening between the pair that many of the players are talking about.

While few expected they would be playing finals football this year, the Bulldogs have had a disgraceful season with two wins and 21 losses going into the final round against the Wests Tigers.
It’s a well known expression in rugby league - “the buck stops with the assistant coach”.

I can’t believe Furner is trying to pin their performance on Barrett.

They should sack Furner and bring in 2-3 replacements. Wayne Bennett and Trent Robinson would be a good start, and should ensure they don’t get the spoon next year. If they could get Craig Bellamy I think they’d be a serious threat to make the top 8.

The kennel never disappoints:

Kempsey Dog

Previously Prison Mike​

Yesterday at 9:27 PM
Every member of the coaching staff should go except Barrett.
Head coach: Barrett
Assistants: Ennis and Flanagan.
Could be a dangerous set up though in regards to Burton / Barrett relationship in the long run though

Good reading their thoughts on booze rothfeild:

"bump"

Now that barrett is gone I can bump this one.

also:

Anthony Mundine has put his hand up to join the Bulldogs as a consultant after Trent Barrett quit on Sunday.

Canterbury is on the hunt for a new coach just 10 rounds into the season after Barrett — who was contracted until the end of 2023 — walked away following a gut-wrenching loss to Newcastle in Brisbane on Friday night.

edit: Also Ryan may be happy at this"

“It is just the beginning,” Kent said. “Their strength and conditioning coach, Dan Ferris has also been let go

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4