[Resurrected] Lol @ Dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
LOL @ Bulldogs? Are people seeing the team Barrett is assembling here?

01. Josh Addo-Carr (possibly top 2-3 explosive players in the league)
02. Nick Cotric (one of the best wingers in the game)
03. Will Hopoate (still a decent player)
04. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (c) (consistent)
05. Jayden Okunbor (tore us a new arsehole when he played us)
06. Blake Green (or Moylan, or Meaney)
07. Kyle Flannagan (Lots of potential upside, brings a winning culture)
08. Dylan Napa (good, aggressive player)
09. Sione Katoa (or Jeremy Marshall-King)
10. Luke Thompson (U.K. import, very fancied, was injured)
11. Josh Jackson (here is our Jake Trbojevic type player)
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner (won awards, is a good player)
13. Adam Elliott (great player, really improved)

14. Nick Meaney (can player literally 1-7)
15. Jack Hetherington (great pickup, fast , mobile, robust)
16. Joe Stimpson (good player from existing Storm G.F team, injured last year)
17. Corey Waddell (average acquisition imo, played better year before this one)

If they add Matt Moylan, Aaron Woods & Matt Burton (amazing player) for example to that....he has a team to work with.Their depth players would be:

18. Dean Britt
19. Christian Crichton
20. Lachlan Lewis
21. Jeremy Marshall-King
22. Reimis Smith
23. Brandon Wakeham

Not a bad setup. Be interesting to see how Barrett handles an unlimited budget, and facilities at his disposal. He gets his team. He gets his coaching staff. No excuses for the guy now !! Their fans will be demanding the finals (at LEAST). I do think with the team above, they'll get there as well.

Go to bed Trent you are drunk @;). But in all seriousness Woodsie really???? My god, Kev777 and myself are in for a tough year on here if he starts winning @:D, I am guessing you won't hold back and won't let us forget that he really is actually brilliant and it was everyone else's fault that he STILL hasn't won a premiership. Loves an excuse young Trent.

No ... When Barrett succeeds I will be gracious ... but as I have always said, it is not so much that I am a fan of Baz, more that I am a mortal enemy of irrational BS and hatred based opinion ... or simply trying to impress the choir with funny insulting comments to get a few likes ...

For example .. if anybody had read the articles they would know that ... Hensen won't even be in the bubble ... he will have no hands on coaching role ... he is there as an experienced and highly successful administrator and coordinator of football clubs and their staff .. from coaches, players and officials ....

His biggest role will be to ensure everybody is on the same page and all working to the best of industry practise ... and a big part of that is attitude and action ... or what is basically called culture ...

Also he is reported to be a known and important mentor in both the junior RL and RU pathways programmes in NZ ... and the big side effect is that he will have sway with a large number of young talents kiwis ...

A very big part of any coaches job is the team he can put together .. So yes ... given the 2 excellent Asst coaches Baz has already named, and the addition of Hensen, .. I repeat , young Trent is a clever boy ...

One would think Trent
Let's not forget twenty had Bozo in his corner in the hensen role, not exactly a novice.
Let us also not forget that the one and only Incomparable Immortal and greatest ever was a winner and has never failed .
Others have failed to live up top his highest standards feathered friend !!!
news_20170308.jpg

He was certainly clever in giving 12 months notice he was quitting Manly - part way through a season. Somethimes I think that may be connected with why a lot of Manly fans don't admire the guy or wish him well. Could be wrong though.
As my old Armenian mother in law use to say "put him in a sack and throw him into the sea" she was talking about the Jews but it applies here

If they add Matt Moylan, Aaron Woods & Matt Burton (amazing player) for example to that....he has a team to work with.Their depth players would be:

18. Dean Britt
19. Christian Crichton
20. Lachlan Lewis
21. Jeremy Marshall-King
22. Reimis Smith
23. Brandon Wakeham

Not a bad setup. Be interesting to see how Barrett handles an unlimited budget, and facilities at his disposal. He gets his team. He gets his coaching staff. No excuses for the guy now !! Their fans will be demanding the finals (at LEAST). I do think with the team above, they'll get there as well.
Good point but team won’t look like that.

1 Hoppa 2 DWZ 3 Averillo 4 Cotric 5 JAC 6 Burton 7 Flanagan
Burton doesn’t sign, Averillo probably shifts to 6, DWZ moves in a spot and Okunbor/Meaney on wing.

8 Hetherington 9 JMK 10 Thompson 11 Jackson 12 Faitala-Mariner 13Elliott

No ... When Barrett succeeds I will be gracious ... but as I have always said, it is not so much that I am a fan of Baz, more that I am a mortal enemy of irrational BS and hatred based opinion ... or simply trying to impress the choir with funny insulting comments to get a few likes ...

For example .. if anybody had read the articles they would know that ... Hensen won't even be in the bubble ... he will have no hands on coaching role ... he is there as an experienced and highly successful administrator and coordinator of football clubs and their staff .. from coaches, players and officials ....

His biggest role will be to ensure everybody is on the same page and all working to the best of industry practise ... and a big part of that is attitude and action ... or what is basically called culture ...

Also he is reported to be a known and important mentor in both the junior RL and RU pathways programmes in NZ ... and the big side effect is that he will have sway with a large number of young talents kiwis ...

A very big part of any coaches job is the team he can put together .. So yes ... given the 2 excellent Asst coaches Baz has already named, and the addition of Hensen, .. I repeat , young Trent is a clever boy ...
How clever is young Trent
Lets put things in perspective
He could not handle the pressure of our board and quit and now he goes to go to a club with the most unstable board in the league. Smart move indeed !
Hensen wont be in the bubble Woodsie tells us ???
Neither will any Bulldog greats and Trent is heading on the same path as Seibold who alienated all the Broncos legends from the club to take any part and we know what happened there as a result. Another smart move by Trent indeed !
Henson will sway a large number of talented Kiwis his way???
Trent had a large talented group of players at his disposal at Manly including the likes of Tom , Jake , Walker , DCE AFB , Fainu , Thompson , and he took them to down wooden spoon level and then quit .
Woodsies bulldogs bubble theory will burst because the unproven failed quitting spineless rookie head coach boy in the bubble does not have the runs on the board to be a successful head coach.
The moral of the story is...
*Rough seas makes skilled Captains *
Successful head coaches exemplify resilience . Trent had the opportunity to show some resilience and self confidence and back his ability in times of adversity at Manly but he chose the easy way out and take the money and quit because he could not handle the rough Sea eagles seas and the incompetent Dogs board that made Trent the skipper of the SS Canterbury bulldogs will see Trent take their club down to the depths of failure
women-and-children-first-on-sinking-ships-its-every-man-for-himselfs-featured-photo.jpg

He was certainly clever in giving 12 months notice he was quitting Manly - part way through a season. Somethimes I think that may be connected with why a lot of Manly fans don't admire the guy or wish him well. Could be wrong though.

Which amazes me ... when would you suggest a person gives notice ? When it became clear that Penn was not going to give him the resources promised ... Either he wimped it and became a patsy ... or he stood by his principles and resigned immediately ... how long was left on his contract would be immaterial and I doubt it would have enterd his calculations ...

Are you suggesting he should have just stayed quite and resigned at the end of the year ... giving the club less time to find a new coach ?? ... or negotiated with other clubs behind peoples backs like Dessie did ??

Which amazes me ... when would you suggest a person gives notice ? When it became clear that Penn was not going to give him the resources promised ... Either he wimped it and became a patsy ... or he stood by his principles and resigned immediately ... how long was left on his contract would be immaterial and I doubt it would have enterd his calculations ...

Are you suggesting he should have just stayed quite and resigned at the end of the year ... giving the club less time to find a new coach ?? ... or negotiated with other clubs behind peoples backs like Dessie did ??
It truly is mind blowing the manner in which you dig away at a four time Manly legend like Des. (Who had a massive falling out with the Penn's over various issues) yet fight tooth and nail over a Goon who was here five minutes. (And commend him for doing a similar thing.)

I'm starting to think that either Des put sh1t on your wing ability in reggies back in the day. Or you are a blood relation of Trent. Which is it?

You often have subtle digs at Hasler (Then attempt to camouflage it in obvious ways)... a perfect example was your anything less than a 6th placed finish is a failure catch cry in 2019, closely followed by your ranting that Des has SO MUCH more staff than poor old Trent had.

I am yet to read a single bad word you have posted about Trent though. He's a clever boy who stood up to the Penn's and did the right thing by quitting mid season. The players love him, he's got the Pantbers attack going, Penn's didn't back him etc..

Cue for the usual deflection crap you are so proficient at delivering.

It truly is mind blowing the manner in which you dig away at a four time Manly legend like Des. (Who had a massive falling out with the Penn's over various issues) yet fight tooth and nail over a Goon who was here five minutes. (And commend him for doing a similar thing.)

I'm starting to think that either Des put sh1t on your wing ability in reggies back in the day. Or you are a blood relation of Trent. Which is it?

You often have subtle digs at Hasler (Then attempt to camouflage it in obvious ways)... a perfect example was your anything less than a 6th placed finish is a failure catch cry in 2019, closely followed by your ranting that Des has SO MUCH more staff than poor old Trent had.

I am yet to read a single bad word you have posted about Trent though. He's a clever boy who stood up to the Penn's and did the right thing by quitting mid season. The players love him, he's got the Pantbers attack going, Penn's didn't back him etc..

Cue for the usual deflection crap you are so proficient at delivering.

You must of missed the other 20 or 30 posters on here having very open and very real shots at Des ... I have openly stated many times that I still support Des ... but that doesn't mean that I won't voice concerns like everybody else not sucking on the raspberry cordial .

Please, just so I know that it's not a creepy Jesuit fascination you have for me ... can you please share your love around and start abusing everybody that either bags Dessie or criticises him ... that should be fun ...

As far as Trent goes, I have never heard you do anything other than rant a lot of vitriolic, incoherent and irrational hatred ... how's your famous "will never coach in the NRL again" prediction working out for you ..

Funny thing is ... seems the vast majority of people that have been coached by him or know him ... have a huge wrap on him ... even the club you go to lengths saying he failed at, Penrith, snapped him back up in a heart beat ... bet that upset you ... doesn't fit in to your BS world ...

Even old man Flannigan, a Premiership coach, as Kylie' s manager didn't waste a moment signing his son up to get coached by him ... But you know better than all the people in Rugby League ... you're the keeper of the hatred ... derp derp ...

18. Dean Britt
19. Christian Crichton
20. Lachlan Lewis
21. Jeremy Marshall-King
22. Reimis Smith
23. Brandon Wakeham

Well if that is the case we should buy J. Averillo. I feel he has the potential to be better than anyone in that backline bar JAC. So versatile and calm, in a good team he'd be more respected by media. Blake Green also isn't headed there anymore, Averillo is tipped to play 6 unless they get Burton.

I think the Rooster's ****e treatment of Kyle Flanagan is making people be sympathetic to him. He was pretty terrible for most of this season, even got dropped halfway into the season (and probably deservedly). He'll go ok im sure, maybe good, but he's no sure next big thing. Hoppa is slowing down a little too much, Waddell is a liability, Hetherington is great but will be suspended again for likely 1/4-1/2 of the season. They will push for top 8 at most I feel, purely because their backline is pretty decent but forwards very limited.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahh how we forgot the fact that at the time, allegedly, he was tapped up to take the panthers job as they had just gotten rid of Hook (and was looking to get himself paid out and fired to take the other job)

Off course this is all alleged...to me by some one involved, allegedly

I supported Barrett as Manly coach and wanted him to succeed.
However the manner of his exit disappointed me. 'Significantly'. To the point it would now give me pleasure to see him fail.
To be clear, I'm not assuming he will fail, but I sure do want him to!

Well if that is the case we should buy J. Averillo. I feel he has the potential to be better than anyone in that backline bar JAC. So versatile and calm, in a good team he'd be more respected by media. Blake Green also isn't headed there anymore, Averillo is tipped to play 6 unless they get Burton.

I think the Rooster's ****e treatment of Kyle Flanagan is making people be sympathetic to him. He was pretty terrible for most of this season, even got dropped halfway into the season (and probably deservedly). He'll go ok im sure, maybe good, but he's no sure next big thing. Hoppa is slowing down a little too much, Waddell is a liability, Hetherington is great but will be suspended again for likely 1/4-1/2 of the season. They will push for top 8 at most I feel, purely because their backline is pretty decent but forwards very limited.
Averillo won't be going anywhere. Bulldog junior. Also just extended. He will be in the 17 somewhere. Im sure of it

I know, I know. But I still reckon you won't be able to help yourself having a few sly digs at us, for old time sake. ha ha. For me it is just a rational hatred for Baz. Didn't like him before Manly, defo didn't like him at Manly and surprise surprise I am delighted he is gone. And yep, still hate him.

18. Dean Britt
19. Christian Crichton
20. Lachlan Lewis
21. Jeremy Marshall-King
22. Reimis Smith
23. Brandon Wakeham

The moral of the Story
It is not what one has but what they do with what they have that makes them great

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4