Logistics of Ground Swapping

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PEPSI

Bencher
Just picked up this idea from MSE, thought id run with it!

with Beaver playing his 300th v Panthers, i wonder would it be difficult for the two clubs to organise swapping the venues for there home/away clashes so Beavers match could be played at Brookie ?

i know there is a risk of organising and then injury etc which would obviously be a concern

or we could just rest him from panthers game lol and play 300th at brookie v tigers! :dance:

or we could just rest him from panthers game lol and play 300th at brookie v tigers! :dance:

except that this match is pre SOO 2, assuming all goes to plan Beaver will not be playing in this match either.

well i think we would also have a better chance of winning at a packed out Brookvale, wouldnt you Byso ? Lets not forget how well we went last year when we played at penrith, full strength i may ad!

All i remember was Penrith Batting first and our bowlers not having much luck!

well i think we would also have a better chance of winning at a packed out Brookvale, wouldnt you Byso ? Lets not forget how well we went last year when we played at penrith, full strength i may ad!

I remember Mark Lennon made his debut that night... because Brett Stewart was injured :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: 8)

Last year at Penrith it was the worst game of the year. Penrith won late as they tried less hard to lose than Manly.

We are playing in the day time this season - we will get them. I will be there if Beaver is playing in the match.

No kidding, but surely you cannot be serious with the first post of this thread?

why not Byso ? it doesnt effect either team other than re arranging catering ? they both get there home games, would be easier than switching game to the SCG !!!

if clubs are there to make money/promote the game and so on why wouldnt you

[quote author=PEPSI]

I remember Mark Lennon made his debut that night... because Brett Stewart was injured :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: 8)
[/quote]

what your saying Mark Lennon isnt as good as Brett Stewart!!!! :lol2: :lol2:

[quote author=byso]
No kidding, but surely you cannot be serious with the first post of this thread?

why not Byso ? it doesnt effect either team other than re arranging catering ? they both get there home games, would be easier than switching game to the SCG !!!

if clubs are there to make money/promote the game and so on why wouldnt you
[/quote]

As if the Panthers would sacrifice a home game advantage (even if was just a swap) for the sake of an opposing player.

If Gower was having his 300th game and it was scheduled at Brookie would you be happy to move the game to Penriff?

actually knowing that we would be swapping as opposed to losing a home game ( are there some teams we only play once ) yeah i would have absolutely no problem.

why would you then take a home game to SCG and lose the home ground advantage completely, its all marketing Byso, progress, forward thinking!

Forward thinking on the Manly clubs part, but why would Penrith want to get their team to play in front of a packed home ground for such a huge occasion, manly would be odds on for a win no matter who we played. It would be crazy for penrith to agree.

For the SCG Manly made the decision to lose there own home ground advantage. As far as I'm concerned what you are considering is totally different.

It would be a lot easier to change your home ground advantage rather than asking another club to lose theres for the benefit of the opposing club.

yes byso BUT they would be getting home ground advantage when we play them the second time, and if they had the forsite they could also do some kind of big promotion to get a ground full of flanno wearers to make it hard for us that game!

as long as both teams get a home game each i cant see the issue !

with any luck enough manly supporters will make the trip and penriff will lose their home ground advantage.

50 - 50 crowds at away venues rev the team up as much as home games.

[quote author=PEPSI]

except that this match is pre SOO 2, assuming all goes to plan Beaver will not be playing in this match either.
[/quote]

incorrect. Manly v Tigers @ Brooky is the match before SOO2.

Beaver's 300th will be at CUA stadium barring injuries

yes byso BUT they would be getting home ground advantage when we play them the second time, and if they had the forsite they could also do some kind of big promotion to get a ground full of flanno wearers to make it hard for us that game!

as long as both teams get a home game each i cant see the issue !

Big promo, what would that be "silvertails v fibros"

Beavers 300th game could not be matched. Look it's a fantastic idea. But penrith would be stupid to allow it.

[quote author=Corso_Pete]
[quote author=PEPSI]

[/quote]

incorrect. Manly v Tigers @ Brooky is the match before SOO2.

Beaver's 300th will be at CUA stadium barring injuries

[/quote]

SOO players miss the games before origin.. why you think beaver isn't playing this weekend??

No one is going to move the game for any one player... it's just luck!!

Do they move games for players 100 or 200th game??

Why would it change for 300??

I got free tickets to the Canberra V Broncos up here at suncorp a few weeks back and it was the same night Jason Crocker brang up his 300th game.

It's just another game... believe me i look up to the beaver as muchas the next bloke on here but it will never happen.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4