Lodge, you Monster

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
I hope this spells the end of Lodge. Nothing personal but he is average and not the type of middle that’s going to help elevate this team to contender.
Or, the club will throw him a long term contract so we can get two average games per season from him. 🙃

Sarcasm aside, I truly hope the club hadn’t already offered him some long term deal. There were rumours swirling after his injury last season. Let’s hope they were just that, rumours.

Nordburg

First Grader
Worries me now that he has a long term injury,the club may feel sympathy or an obligation to offer another contract,especially given who his manager is

manly al

First Grader
Would have expected Lodge to be making a bit more impact at this stage of his comeback .
Not ideal at present with Brown struggling with injuries and that arrangement with Jake moving to prop when Browny has come on to 13 and when he has gone well there
Then to have less reliance on Lodge with his indifferent form at present .
Really hope that Lodge can regain that helpful type of authority that he showed before his injury last season .
Going to be a bit thin with props going forward if he can not , would anticipate Sipley to bounce back but may still need one more capable prop , even allowing also that Bully can be part of the mix or given some priority .
Unless a competitive 13 can show up and move Jake permanently to the front row

LeonardCohen

Bencher
It probably will, 12 wks off, thats the season gone or maybe he makes the 2nd semi....we wish.
It seems like the club is not ruthless enough with these sorts of things. The top clubs leave no room for sympathy in the cut throat world of professional sport. Manly on the other hand…why he did he get picked up after the ACL?!

Eagle 1

First Grader
It seems like the club is not ruthless enough with these sorts of things. The top clubs leave no room for sympathy in the cut throat world of professional sport. Manly on the other hand…why he did he get picked up after the ACL?!
Think he came as a bargain pick-up first up, then traded on his last few games of the 2023 season to get himself an upgraded offer. Does anybody know what Lodge is on for this season, or is this on a secrative need to know basis only.

Ben

Bencher
Could be a possibility we can sign him on another 1 year bargain deal next year which will be a real bonus for us.
Hasn’t played enough football to warrant a multi year deal.
A similar contract to this year would suffice.

Ryan

Journey Man
Could be a possibility we can sign him on another 1 year bargain deal next year which will be a real bonus for us.
Hasn’t played enough football to warrant a multi year deal.
A similar contract to this year would suffice.
Have you seen him attempt to run this year ? Makes Woods look like a synchronised water ballerina

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
We caNNOT keep using cap space to rehab the same old players out of form / injured. We are already a million odd dollars behind every other team with the Schuster recruitment **** up.

Has someone been sacked over that yet ? Or is it like the rest of the club? No accountability for lack of success ?
Its the empty Penn way.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
Would have expected Lodge to be making a bit more impact at this stage of his comeback .
Not ideal at present with Brown struggling with injuries and that arrangement with Jake moving to prop when Browny has come on to 13 and when he has gone well there
Then to have less reliance on Lodge with his indifferent form at present .
Really hope that Lodge can regain that helpful type of authority that he showed before his injury last season .
Going to be a bit thin with props going forward if he can not , would anticipate Sipley to bounce back but may still need one more capable prop , even allowing also that Bully can be part of the mix or given some priority .
Unless a competitive 13 can show up and move Jake permanently to the front row
Biggest problem with Lodge and Brown ,they want too play hard ,but there bodies do not.
We need big angry youth.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Give him a full off season and that will be a different story
That’s the big thing for Lodge, straight into first grade from an ACL for a big man in todays game it was a big effort.

The speed of the game and with the ball in play for huge minutes it’s almost like you want a team of touch players.

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
12 6 6 -39 14
12 6 6 -76 14