Lodge, you Monster

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I tend to compartmentalise.

That is I try to separate elements of a person's life, don't assess them on one element. I don't have to like what someone does in his personal life, not to enjoy his football prowess. Separate issues. Its like with Rolf Harris. I view his behaviour in elements of his personal life most poorly. But that doesn't detract from his skill as a painter and entertainer. Or Roman Polanski having sexual relationships with an under age girl. But does that take away from the brilliance of his film producing of works such as Chinatown. Or Van Gogh who was apparently quite psychotically unbalanced and did crazy things, yet does that detract from his art. I wouldn't want Lodge to meet my daughter, if I had one. But I have no problem including him in any team I should select in Rugby League. Most of us have dark elements in our past. I certainly do. Thing is famous people have their dirty laundry displayed for all to see. We're lucky. Our behaviour is not on display.

That is I try to separate elements of a person's life, don't assess them on one element. I don't have to like what someone does in his personal life, not to enjoy his football prowess. Separate issues. Its like with Rolf Harris. I view his behaviour in elements of his personal life most poorly. But that doesn't detract from his skill as a painter and entertainer. Or Roman Polanski having sexual relationships with an under age girl. But does that take away from the brilliance of his film producing of works such as Chinatown. Or Van Gogh who was apparently quite psychotically unbalanced and did crazy things, yet does that detract from his art. I wouldn't want Lodge to meet my daughter, if I had one. But I have no problem including him in any team I should select in Rugby League. Most of us have dark elements in our past. I certainly do. Thing is famous people have their dirty laundry displayed for all to see. We're lucky. Our behaviour is not on display.
And if we were born in the USA a sordid past seems to be a prerequisite to becoming a President.

And if we were born in the USA a sordid past seems to be a prerequisite to becoming a President.

Good point there The Who. Only difference here is there is nothing to admire in Trump in any compartment of his life, other than his ability to con those who only listen to the rhetoric, and his ability to delay court action that appears in each case to be working against him. Delay it long enough and he thinks he can get a 'Get out of Gaol Free card'.

He doesnt really owe strangers anything . His contrition or admissions and how he processes his actions are his own.

he spoke about what he is comfortable with. He could have asked james to not bring it up.. As fans we dont have to be reassured by him showing more emotion. Some people dwell, get depressed, some people move on , and put stuff behind them

i would presume he has spent years dealing with, talking about some of his issues. can anyone tell me how long he has to play the sorry card, is there a standard i am unaware of. Is it every new club

as far as i know he fits in at manly, his only games were pretty good

western civilisation and the media seem hell bent on crucifying anyone with a shady past. You just have to look at the political process where a polly can mis spend billions and its sweet, but get a DUI or blow a girl a kiss and its over.

i dont know how he will go or what sort of person he is but i wont judge him because he has a past, his future is where its at for manly fans

lets save our judgement for his footy performances or if he screws with team morale

Without wanting to derail the thread you do raise an interesting discussion about how we can / if we can seperate the person from the art (or sport)

You could argue that somone like the people you have quoted should not have the right to earn income etc at the high level due their disqualifying behaviour.

For me personally I can not seperate the two so struggle when I watch something like the Lodge interview and there appeared to be a lack of sincere regret I struggle

He looks to have turned the corner and is in a good place. If he is lucky with injuries he will be a very valuable member of our squad and the leader of our pack.Props mature later and at 28 he has at keast 4 more good years.

He was spot on about friends. People THINK they have friends, until the test of their character comes to the fore.

I've worked out true friends (and family) are so rare. People need to pick and choose wisely, who they associate with.

As a people pleaser, I used to spend more energy on those unhappy with me , to bring them around. That's the wrong mindset.

Focus your love and energy into people who reciprocate your investment, hold them close, because they are the ones who will stick by you through thick or thin.

I can't imagine Lodge having to deal with that, on top of all the other crap.

He was spot on about friends. People THINK they have friends, until the test of their character comes to the fore.

I've worked out true friends (and family) are so rare. People need to pick and choose wisely, who they associate with.

As a people pleaser, I used to spend more energy on those unhappy with me , to bring them around. That's the wrong mindset.

Focus your love and energy into people who reciprocate your investment, hold them close, because they are the ones who will stick by you through thick or thin.

Hell yeah

Imagine how many penalties we'd concede if we had Lodge, Brown and Aloiai in the same pack? Plus Jurbo gives away plenty holding down opposition players.

Nice post mate

Michael Jackson’s songs still sound good also.

@Kiwi Eagle I know you hate him but this is definitely worth a read.
The key word to your post is Hate Feathered friend @Mark
Nothing good comes from hate
It makes us feel bad inside
and It does not inspire the good in Others

None of us are perfect and we have all fallen and we all look for faith in people to give us another chance and this is what Lodge is doing

The Good old Aussie Way is to Give a Bloke a Go !

Last edited:
If it was your family.........?
I suppose thats the key. He had to answer to them already. It cant be taken back in anyway

But he doesnt have to answer to Manly Fans

it was appalling behaviour, no doubt . No one can condone it. The question is does he have a right to continue with his life , I think he does

our business laws where families are ruined financially while the director has millions in wifeys name. Where do we draw the line

But your point is valid Bob

Sure is going to be a fairly formidable prop grouping if Lodge can hit his straps again and become a force in the middle again ..
Jake ,,Paseka , Bully , Sipley and Aloiai at their best also .
Guess the question will be also if Brown will consistently be able to offer more or slightly more then Jake as the 13 .
Then a fully fit and performing Shu in the mix . Sure that Haumole and Burbo will contribute well . Parker , fair chance of making a good transition to an edge
Bit of back up for Froggy
Lot need to go right but in a best case scenario for the pack , could seriously lead a solid tilt at the premiership

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8