Lockyer the debacle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Let's just say the paint was blistering off the walls in my household at the inept "captaincy" of Darren Lockyer. Surely the worst captain the Maroons have had the misfortune to instal in the Origin era.

How can a captain allow his charges to be so hopelessly inept in a first half of shame? Even Carl Webb looked disinterested.

Why does it take the team's so-called "bad boy" to get punched in the head before the side sparks up.

Why did he not even attempt a field goial in the final 20 seconds? Was he afraid of failure? So he crabs across field in a useless nothing play that reeked of uncertainty. Better to have tried and failed than to have not tried at all.

How Wally Lewis must have fumed to have seen such a woeful effort. Would he have not spent the entire game barking in the ears of his players and the referee and started a brawl inside the first 15 minutes if his team were so overawed?

And what was Meninga thinking when playing the error prone Bronco Tate (more of a winger) in the centres whilst shunting the NRL's top-scoring Centre (Bell) out to the wing?????

Better the maroons play Travis Burns in the famous number 6 jumper for game two. At least he can tackle and won't get in the way of Thurston.

As a NSW man I couldn't agree more.

:blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh:

Ahhh Tate and Lockyer on the same side of the field.... they had more traffic go through them than a Mac Donalds drive thru in New York!!

hahahaha... Poor old locky didn't have his minder out there to tackle for him... I couldn't believe when they actually didn't swap bell and tiny tatey around... I was quite happy too... Gasnier had and will have another field day running through these 2!!

Keep it up Maroons!!

Lockyer is now a turnstile in defence... for some reason has lost is ability to pass the ball... cannot get his players organised

Is he passed his hay day??

This is coming from a bloke who 2 years ago (pre shifting to 5/8 era) if i was to write out a list of the best players playing the game i would have rated Lockyer only second behind Johns... you ask me now where he would sit on that list??

Yeah, he's still second..... as in on the second page :lol:

i noticed that gas came inside beaver so that he could commit the outside backrower and locky with his pace and beaver could use his strength to try and bust through locky and tate - got half through most times.

Locky was awful but none of their backs we great. Bell and hodges the best for mine with inglis going ok in the second

How could Lockyer not go for a field goal from the scrum? I was absolutely aghast. That was the worst piece of leadership skill I've EVER seen. Why would you go for a couple of tackles instead? Astonishing. Meninga was just plain wrong playing Bell on the wing, and Tate was clearly underdone. They will NEVER win with that starting backrow either. Stagg, Scott and Johnson? Not a winning SOO combo clearly.

have bumped into many a marroon today who are spewing about tates poor game while having Bell stuck on the wing.

Good to see all the Manly Boys have a good game for both sides.

How could Lockyer not go for a field goal from the scrum? I was absolutely aghast. That was the worst piece of leadership skill I've EVER seen. Why would you go for a couple of tackles instead? Astonishing. Meninga was just plain wrong playing Bell on the wing, and Tate was clearly underdone. They will NEVER win with that starting backrow either. Stagg, Scott and Johnson? Not a winning SOO combo clearly.

Agreed- he should've fed the scrum and set Thurston deep

Lockyer is not a leader. If everything is going well for his side he can look great and leadership comes easy. If things go to peices, his head goes down. He is not a player who when things get tough. will take control and inspire his players.

After NSW scored last night, you could see lockyer in the background - silent and head down, despondent! Lewis, meninga, gillmeister, vautin, what must they have been thinking. they would have been giving there players a rev and then going out and leading by example.

Worst captain we've ever had.

I know it's not gonna happen this year but i think QLD should give the captaincy to Micheal Crocker... He is a meathead but he wouldn't put up with the **** and he would try to knock a blokes head off to inspire the team.

Not as dumb as i look?? 8)

They were way too far out from the scrum to take the field goal. BUT, they had 20 seconds which should've allowed Lockyer to direct someone ( say Hodges) straight up the middle for 10 metres. A quick play the ball would have allowed maybe one more run or take the shot from in front at a similar distance to Finch's kick. It was a no brainer and I agree that it sums up Lockyer's captaincy ability.

more to the point lockyer should have kicked it into touch on our second last set. by kicking deep it meant the only team that could really win was nsw.kick for touch and take your chances in golden point after a rest.the set of our scrum was a disgrace when lockyer went wide.

box_of_kleenex_tissues.jpg

:yeah: :dance:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4