Loan us a hooker?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Rynostradamus

Reserve Grader
Been thinking about our strategy for a hooker next year.

I am certain that the club will go after the cheese if Fainu is found guilty. Fainu is the best young hooker I have ever seen. Sure Grant emerged this year and I see those two as the best prospects in the NRL.

There is no way the scum will not keep Harry Grant as first option hooker for life. So the cheese will be on the market within a year. So no way we are putting cash into another hooker on a 1-3 year deal right now. The club has been smart extending Fainu I trust he will be found not guilty and back playing for us next year. If he isnt that money is straight in the block of cheese.

Yes Cust and Croker will have to be able to cover hooker and halves moving forward. They will only be short terms option in the 9 and I am not convinced they will be alone fighting for the gig come round 1. Croker has a year left to prove his worth. Cust will be around for a long time imo.

So surely the smart move here is to not rush out and sign a hooker before Fainus fate is decided in court but to loan one.

The 4 best loan options would be Verrils, Starling, F Lussick and Havili. We have always traded and done deals with the coqs and faders. And both clubs have 3 deep strong hooking stocks with Friend and Hodgson their clubs chosen ones. Neither clubs worry about the cap but would use the freed up loam money to secure existing stars say a Chriton.

I just read about Starling getting into alleged trouble this morning. So that may cause issues if he is found guilty. He and Verrils would be my first pick of the 6 those two clubs have.

Obviously there are lots of other clubs out there and a lot of other options.

Anyway, as we move closer to top 30 squads being finalised I am almost certain we will see at least one vacant spot taken up with a hooker on loan up until the Fainu hearing.

It is the smart play from here to keep options open. The Levi experiment did not work, the 1 year deal was smart.

But why buy the cow as a stop gap when we can rent one. Wait until we see the cards that we are dealt right to the river and go all in then not pre flop!

Go Manly

1. The Scum will never loan any player to Manly

2. Cheese will be well and truly signed for another club for 2022 well before Fainu court case is over.

• 👍
Reactions: bSw

I am certain that the club will go after the cheese if Fainu is found guilty. Fainu is the best young hooker I have ever seen. Sure Grant emerged this year and I see those two as the best prospects in the NRL.

There is no way the scum will not keep Harry Grant as first option hooker for life. So the cheese will be on the market within a year. So no way we are putting cash into another hooker on a 1-3 year deal right now. The club has been smart extending Fainu I trust he will be found not guilty and back playing for us next year. If he isnt that money is straight in the block of cheese.

Yes Cust and Croker will have to be able to cover hooker and halves moving forward. They will only be short terms option in the 9 and I am not convinced they will be alone fighting for the gig come round 1. Croker has a year left to prove his worth. Cust will be around for a long time imo.

So surely the smart move here is to not rush out and sign a hooker before Fainus fate is decided in court but to loan one.

The 4 best loan options would be Verrils, Starling, F Lussick and Havili. We have always traded and done deals with the coqs and faders. And both clubs have 3 deep strong hooking stocks with Friend and Hodgson their clubs chosen ones. Neither clubs worry about the cap but would use the freed up loam money to secure existing stars say a Chriton.

I just read about Starling getting into alleged trouble this morning. So that may cause issues if he is found guilty. He and Verrils would be my first pick of the 6 those two clubs have.

Anyway, as we move closer to top 30 squads being finalised I am almost certain we will see at least one vacant spot taken up with a hooker on loan up until the Fainu hearing.

It is the smart play from here to keep options open. The Levi experiment did not work, the 1 year deal was smart.

But why buy the cow as a stop gap when we can rent one. Wait until we see the cards that we are dealt right to the river and go all in then not pre flop!

Go Manly

I like your spit-balling ... but I think players were loaned to Tigers and Warriors because they were not seen as a threat ... can't see them helping us out if we look like challenging ...

Go Manly
I’m not sure anyone would loan us one unless they need someone like a Parker or Taufua in return.

I think most coaches would rate us a top eight threat and won’t want to do anything to prop us up.

Loan players are going to be young guys who havnt gotten a shot at 1sts yet and are most likely a clubs 3 rd or 4th line hooker.

Last edited:
  • 👍
The gap at 9 is a real worry for our club. I know there are makeshift options that will be used and the club is pinning a lot of its hopes on Fainu being cleared and I do hope its true. We have 2 spots available in our top 30 and we need to get in a 9 I think as cover. We cannot afford to go into a season without a recognized 9!

• 👍
The gap at 9 is a real worry for our club. I know there are makeshift options that will be used and the club is pinning a lot of its hopes on Fainu being cleared and I do hope its true. We have 2 spots available in our top 30 and we need to get in a 9 I think as cover. We cannot afford to go into a season without a recognized 9!

Agree but who , the only one with a bit of experience I can think is Nathan Peats , but very Danny Levi like.

Don’t think he’s currently got a gig anywhere.

We have Cust and Croker, we have ZDC and now possibly Elijah Taylor at Blacktown and didn't Taylor play #9 for the kiwis only a few years ago??? We have Kaeo Weekes who is a young speedy ball player and could possibly do a job off the bench. We have Jack Birt who is a young dummy half who's been with us a while now and training with the top squad. Fainu to come back at the end of the year. We have options there with Foz aswell if Schuster demands selection at 5/8.
Maybe we aren't as low on depth as we think in this position and maybe Des is expecting or two of these guys to step up.

We have Cust and Croker, we have ZDC and now possibly Elijah Taylor at Blacktown and didn't Taylor play #9 for the kiwis only a few years ago??? We have Kaeo Weekes who is a young speedy ball player and could possibly do a job off the bench. We have Jack Birt who is a young dummy half who's been with us a while now and training with the top squad. Fainu to come back at the end of the year. We have options there with Foz aswell if Schuster demands selection at 5/8.
Maybe we aren't as low on depth as we think in this position and maybe Des is expecting or two of these guys to step up.
Hopefully Birt gets a development player contract, notice he has been training with the squad. By the looks they may have in above Ott as far as the junior hookers are concerned.

Hoping that Cust can develop into a Michael Monaghan mould of hooker , solid passing game , some good attacking skills, reasonable kicking game if required [ and that was one of monas "s real strengths ] ] and most importantly some reliable ruck defence . Sure that it is not beyond him , similar playing backgrounds and even builds and competitive attitude . Certainly would not encourage Cust to try to emulate Monas "s field goal prowess , had a special talent there .

Hoping that Cust can develop into a Michael Monaghan mould of hooker , solid passing game , some good attacking skills, reasonable kicking game if required [ and that was one of monas "s real strengths ] ] and most importantly some reliable ruck defence . Sure that it is not beyond him , similar playing backgrounds and even builds and competitive attitude . Certainly would not encourage Cust to try to emulate Monas "s field goal prowess , had a special talent there .
Well Monas is there so maybe he can teach him ?

This is the currently unsigned young gun I would be grabbing hold of for our cheap extra hooker on the books.
Was expected to be Saints next big thing ,ended up getting no games last year because of covid and was stuck sitting behind McInnes,Hunt,Luke and B Brittain.
Wouldn't cost much and could be anything !!

Mona's was not very keen on being a hooker
Yet hook he did

Go Manly

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201207-164709_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201207-164709_Samsung Internet.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11