• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sometimes when I post in a thread using the quick reply box, I hit "post reply" button and I get a pop up with a "loading please wait" and a nice little rotating graphic, but it just sits there endlessly rotating even though you can see the post has been added to the bottom of the thread. The text still sits in the quick reply box as well. I generally just click out of it by hitting the forum or thread link to refresh the page and go about my business. Doesn't effect my ability to post, just for your info.

What browser and version of the browser are you using?

Can you please clear your cookies and cache and see if it still does it?

Chip and Chase said:
I generally just click out of it by hitting the forum or thread link to refresh the page and go about my business. Doesn't effect my ability to post, just for your info.

I get the same Dan using IE8. Say, 5% of posts or less. Doesn't seem to affect anything except for the hang.

What version of JRE are you running?

it looks like this is specific to IE8 according to the vendor of the software. I have removed one thing known to cause it but looking at possibly making further changes shortly

That isn't JRE thats IE8 :)

JRE is the Java Runtime Environment. You can check this via your control panel.

However I made one little change that may see an end to it. The issue is specific to IE8 however

hmm ok.

Are you still getting the issue today?

Stop breaking the site then :) I'll see what I can find I may need you to load up fiddler2 or livehttp headers. Will get back to you tomorrow

This has been happening again quite a lot for me over the last week or so. Also seems to freeze quite a bit when I'm submitting posts and sometimes it just goes to a blank screen. It happens both at work and at home which are different OS's (Windows 7 vs Vista). Getting frustrating.

Hey Dan, ever since Ive loaded the new iphone software the site takes forever just to open posts, not to mention write one
(im doing this on a computer)
have you any idea why?
or any iphone freaks out there?
other web pages seem to open quickly?
appreciate any tips.

Hi mate,

Are you using the mobile version of the site, or the full version.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and where you see

"contact Us" | Silvertails | Return to Top | Return to Content | Mobile Version | RSS Syndication

Click on the "mobile version"

Dan

Chip and Chase said:
This has been happening again quite a lot for me over the last week or so. Also seems to freeze quite a bit when I'm submitting posts and sometimes it just goes to a blank screen. It happens both at work and at home which are different OS's (Windows 7 vs Vista). Getting frustrating.

How may tabs with Silvertails do you have open?
What version of Java are you using?

There have been absolutely zero changes made to the site for a number of weeks now

Internet Explorer

The best web browser in the world to download a useful web browser

No im not having a go at you,but theres alot of better browsers

Daniel said:
Chip and Chase said:

How may tabs with Silvertails do you have open?
What version of Java are you using?

There have been absolutely zero changes made to the site for a number of weeks now

Number of tabs = 0 to 6, but normally 2-3. Haven't noticed whether that makes a difference.

Java = just updated it but don't think it was particularly out of date

Must admit it does seem worse at work

Funnily enough the newer versions of java are far worse

Also as always, clear your cookies and cache

Still happening. It freezes and then I get a little pop up box at bottom saying something about problems with a long running script and I click stop script and it seems to let the post go through.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6