• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Flash Running GIF by Kinda Funny

Just watched the Worriers V Titans match. Wow. Did they show up how slow our team is.
Our forwards are a bunch of plodders. Had the Broncos not first claimed the name I'd call our pack The Clydesdales!
Unfortunately Jurbo is probably the slowest, and whenever he has the ball in his hand it's a wasted tackle. We must change our criterion when selecting forwards: big and slow is no longer the go.
Both games tonight show how bad we really are, miles off the pace, so much has to change, honestly we are closer to a spoon window that a premiership window.

Last edited:
Just watched the Worriers V Titans match. Wow. Did they show up how slow our team is.
Our forwards are a bunch of plodders. Had the Broncos not first claimed the name I'd call our pack The Clydesdales!
Unfortunately Jurbo is probably the slowest, and whenever he has the ball in his hand it's a wasted tackle. We must change our criterion when selecting forwards: big and slow is no longer the go.
i keep saying it & it was evident the difference in the riff v scum game....
each time the dummy half passed the ball to a runner the runner was only just being the dummy half except for the last tackle kick whereas our first receiver is normally 5m. behind the dummy half so there is s.f.a. go forward.

Other teams score tries by getting their opposition on the backfoot and its just a matter of time before a try is scored. We should know because it's what happens to us.

Manly never score those type of tries. We only score long-range ones where we make a break and use our backs speed or rely on Haumole to break tackles.

I said elsewhere but given the current cattle we need to work towards

8. Jurbo
9. Croker/GCKT
10. Paseka
11. Burbo
12. Schuster
13. Haumole

Bench

14. Tuilagi
15. Bullemoor
16. Aloiai
17. Lawton

The likes of Woods, Sipley, Keppie (i have defended him a lot but its getting harder by the day) are too slow.

Other teams score tries by getting their opposition on the backfoot and its just a matter of time before a try is scored. We should know because it's what happens to us.

Manly never score those type of tries. We only score long-range ones where we make a break and use our backs speed or rely on Haumole to break tackles.

I said elsewhere but given the current cattle we need to work towards

8. Jurbo
9. Croker/GCKT
10. Paseka
11. Burbo
12. Schuster
13. Haumole

Bench

14. Tuilagi
15. Bullemoor
16. Aloiai
17. Lawton

The likes of Woods, Sipley, Keppie (i have defended him a lot but its getting harder by the day) are too slow.
Can see the logic of trying Haumole as a 13 but would then weaken an edge .
Need him with as much opportunity as possible to take on the defence just wide of the ruck , and won 't get the same scope as a middle .
Also would not be getting the best value being a ball distributor or link man occasionally , just so many reasons why he can be more effective in an edge role .
Wish that there could be a more suitable option to consider as a 13 going forward , Matterson should get more of a go there over the next few weeks .
Shu is probably best on an edge as well , Burbo has got some good attributes but would need a major change of playing style and role to manage playing there to a sufficient level . Sam Fainu maybe had some prospects there .

Buggered if i know , don 't have the cap space to recruit an already established 13 , no lower grade players to convert [ or on present indications ]
Again maybe Matterson the best short term option on offer .

Roosters line speed was a joke the other night. Offside for most of the night and backed their line speed, daring the ref to penalise them just about every tackle. We couldn’t score on their line because they weren’t getting back to the try line to be onside and they always shot up early to get up in our face.

We were in the game early early when the ref kept penalising their obvious rule breaking but when the ref stopped policing them, the advantage was far too much for us to overcome. Incompetent refffing or a stitch up?

Having said that, we should have given it everything we had and tried to play with legal and fast line speed. Yes, we shouldn’t look for excuses.if we don’t at least try to match opponents with fast line speed. It‘s clear; the team with the best sustained line speed wins games. What annoys me most is that we would be playing semi finals if we just accepted that we must play with fast line speed. We did a few times earlier this year but for some reason it appears we don’t want to these days. Just dumb.

Line speed and defensive intensity against the Storm early in the season was the benchmark
Realize that it is hard for most sides to keep up a high level of intensity week in week out but seems additionally difficult for Manly for some reason .
Certainly hope that Shu can be ship shape fitness and mobility wise next season when he returns to the forwards , Burbo has the agility and ability to offer good line speed on a more consistent basis but most likely more of a bench role net season again and with Tuilagi as well if Haumole and Shu occupy the 2 nd row - edge roles .
Definitely will not be able to go with the top sides again if that necessary line speed can not be rectified to a reasonable degree and improvement level .

Can see the logic of trying Haumole as a 13 but would then weaken an edge .
Need him with as much opportunity as possible to take on the defence just wide of the ruck , and won 't get the same scope as a middle .
Also would not be getting the best value being a ball distributor or link man occasionally , just so many reasons why he can be more effective in an edge role .
Wish that there could be a more suitable option to consider as a 13 going forward , Matterson should get more of a go there over the next few weeks .
Shu is probably best on an edge as well , Burbo has got some good attributes but would need a major change of playing style and role to manage playing there to a sufficient level . Sam Fainu maybe had some prospects there .

Buggered if i know , don 't have the cap space to recruit an already established 13 , no lower grade players to convert [ or on present indications ]
Again maybe Matterson the best short term option on offer .
I do agree its a risk taking Haumole off an edge but he has a big motor and has the physical attributes and i think is skillful enough to play there.

In the absence of a better option, i would give it a go as i think Schu and Burbo need to be in the starting side (at least until proven otherwise) and neither could play 13 right now

I do agree its a risk taking Haumole off an edge but he has a big motor and has the physical attributes and i think is skillful enough to play there.

In the absence of a better option, i would give it a go as i think Schu and Burbo need to be in the starting side (at least until proven otherwise) and neither could play 13 right now
Yeah , it was a dilemma at season 's start [ a suited 13 ] and obviously still is now
.Irrespective would have to say Matterson for now

Ben kennedy is often mentioned. He insisted on standards being met like linespeed. He had the onfield accountabilty that is sadly missing in this team. Leaders make those around them better and to strive for more

At times when tom is really on, he looks to have that quiet aura within the team but as a whole the team looks far too comfortable with the cant win em all mentality

real competitors/ bad sports. Its a fine line if at all.

Watch the Panthers v Storm and now Cows v Broncos for line speed. My God we look like a Sat arvo park bbq get together. Plodding trundlers the lot of them. Only Olakau'atu looks likely and even then he's given poor service constantly by the myth.

Watch the Panthers v Storm and now Cows v Broncos for line speed. My God we look like a Sat arvo park bbq get together. Plodding trundlers the lot of them. Only Olakau'atu looks likely and even then he's given poor service constantly by the myth.
100%

Penrith will run us over

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8