Line speed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
Every knows Penrith have been the benchmark team who are fit and determined enough to press forward with fast defensive line speed. They sprint forward in defence as a unit, get three in the tackle and roll or twist the player to slow the play.

This has been the trademark style of play for all top 4 teams in recent years.

I thought Siebold did well to get the team to adapt that style against Parra, with aggression. We would have beaten anyone that day.

So why on earth have we gone back to forwards not moving forward, and even worse, our backs back peddling? Are we just stupid? Soft? Poorly coached? Poorly led? There needs to be an investigation. Flabbergasted.

Every knows Penrith have been the benchmark team who are fit and determined enough to press forward with fast defensive line speed. They sprint forward in defence as a unit, get three in the tackle and roll or twist the player to slow the play.

I thought Siebold did well to get the team to adapt that style against Parra, with aggression. We would have beaten anyone that day.

So why on earth have we gone back to forwards not moving forward, and even worse, our backs back peddling? Are we just stupid? Soft? Poorly coached? Poorly led? There needs to be an investigation. Flabbergasted.
Plus the Panthers speed in attack is a blitz.

They are so fit and well drilled even when the plug new players into the system.

We are in a different league.

Along with this we had a fantastic game defensively against Souths, one of the benchmark sides in the competition.

How to we go from a total of 17 missed tackles against them to a tick under 50 on the weekend?

If it is attitude, that is a poor excuse. You can’t compete in this competition with such a gap between your best and worst defensive efforts.

Yeah the drop off in line speed, aggressive tackling and doing the basics well since the first couple of rounds is pretty dramatic.

No idea why this has happened.

I think penrith moved the ball around more and made it hard for one or two of our guys to charge up and hit a single ball carrier.

I watched the BWSE game against Penrith and it was the same thing, in defence they didn't move up quick enough to negate the metres made by the opposition. In both the lower and NRL games we just seemed to wait for them instead of moving up. Once that happens the opposition can get quick plays of the ball and roll over the top of us. But when we get the ball they moved up quickly and pinned us in our own half and after about 20-25mins we are gassed. We definitely need our line speed to be much quicker.

Line speed in defence is 100% dependent on winning the ruck/tackle .... impossible to move up quick following a quick play the ball .. when your line is still going backwards ...

I love this thread. And didn't it make a difference tonight. Its been a long long long time since I've seen our team win field position like that. Attacking in defence.

I don't know about you. But **** that's the sort of **** that just makes me feel a lovely warm feeling deep within.

So good tonight Man.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4