Ligi Sao Makes the Squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
D

snake was set back as long as the shoulder reconstruction took to heal

He has had plenty of injuries after that also the fact that a player might get injured is not a good reason not 2 pick some one. You can say I don't think he is first grade standard yet (valid reason) but injuries can always occur.

Last edited:
Anyone that saw Tom T defend in the 9's knows that he is not physically ready for the rigours of FG. Everyone develops at different rates. Just because an 18 year old is playing somewhere else, doesn't mean a 20 year old is definitely ready.

It's not going to make a difference anyway. Why put pressure on a rookie, when we have the wings covered anyway. Hiku has played for his country, and Blair has been sniffing around first grade for 3-4 years and weighs over 100kg. As for Jake, he is coming back from a serious injury, and it's also not going to matter whether he plays FG at this precise moment or not.

The team that Tooves has named, are more than capable of winning this match.

I can see it now, DCE throws a pass to JSL who takes it to the line, gets an offload away to JLJ in support and he scores under the posts! So many acronyms!

LOL JLJ is still milking for all it's worth the one highlight of his career so far - the 40-20 against Canberra last year.
Time to make some new history buddy.
NYEagle

Yikes. Hiku on the wing again. And posters are worried about Tom Turbos defence!
What about Horo? Has he played a match yet? If he doesn't get a run in first grade why doesn't he play in our champion NSW Cup team?

He has had plenty of injuries after that also the fact that a player might get injured is not a good reason not 2 pick some one. You can say I don't think he is first grade standard yet (valid reason) but injuries can always occur.
You convinced me. Yes he has had serious injuries at many ages.

Foran, starling, gutho, Taufua,
Buhrer, Hasson & Rudolph
out injured or suspended &

Vave, Tyson Andrews, jake turbo & tom turbo still aren't in our top 18??

That's disappointing.

Tooves needs to be tough and
drop blokes that aren't performing or committed enough.

Immediate action - don't wait till round 19.

This is Ligi's chance. Came to Manly as a young Warrior with massive wraps.
Jake T is still getting fit.

Good line up, I'm not sold on Leary yet though, and would opt for Horo.

Expected big things when Ligi first arrived from NZ but career stifled in Manlys NSW Cup team, but has looked good with limited opportunities.
Hits hard - has size & can bend the line plus offload- but will take 4-5 weeks in the starting 17 to grasp the speed of the top grade - hope he hangs in & grabs a Hassons spot....

@Mavin structural injuries are often the result of a lack of muscular development to reinforce and protect the joint. But the real point of what i said earlier is that it's been said a few times there were promises to not bring them through too quickly. If there were promises of that which they haven't really said for anyone else then the assumption is the players/ their families wanted to protect them to a degree. I think it's a good thing. Let tom develop into his body. He'll get time this year and I can't wait but I don't think he's going to leave because the club is protecting his welfare. He's still being paid. Most 18 year olds haven't stopped growing it's good the club is making sure he's developing properly

This is Ligi's chance. Came to Manly as a young Warrior with massive wraps.
Jake T is still getting fit.

Good line up, I'm not sold on Leary yet though, and would opt for Horo.
I'm with you in regards to Leary. Not convinced he's the answer.

Yep... well all we really need to do is sign the Ball brothers from the UK League, Reggie Bush from NFL add that to a Snake, Big Willie and a Little John, we'd have the whole package. Two Balls a Bush and many sizes. I'm sure we'd attract the female fans.

I'm with you in regards to Leary. Not convinced he's the answer.
I think it's the right call to stick with Leary, his upside is far greater than horo's.
I know a lot on here weren't inspired by his first performance but I didn't mind it, saw the potential everyone was talking about in pre season.
Love tooves giving Sao a go. He needs to take this chance, because as many have said, once Jake T is fit he'll be behind more people.

Can't believe we have stuck with the same forwards. If this is the best we can come up with then get ready for plenty more thrashings. Storm by 16.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8