Lighting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Volley

Bencher
From Mighty Eagles Home Page

BROOKVALE OVAL LIGHTS UP
Media Release - Minister for Health And Ageing Tony Abbot MHR

$1 MILLION FOR BROOKVALE OVAL

Tony Abbott today announced that the Commonwealth Government will contribute
$1 million towards the upgrade of Brookvale Oval.

Funding from the Department of Communications, Information Technology and the Arts, which has responsibility for Commonwealth sports programs, will be used for the installation of new ?television standard? lighting at the oval.

Mr Abbott said that the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are an important part of the local community and that the funding will help to improve the Peninsula?s premier sports venue.

The Executive Chairman of the Manly Sea Eagles Ltd, Mr Paul Cummings, said the grant announced by Mr Abbott was a massive boost to sports fans on the northern beaches.

"Having lighting necessary for the televising and playing of night football is a criteria for Manly to be in the prestigious National Rugby League.

"This funding allows Brookvale Oval to be further enhanced as one of the traditional suburban grounds in the competition. We thank Tony for fulfilling a promise he made last year to the Sea Eagles and its thousands of supporters," Mr Cummings said.

Top news :clap: :clap: :clap: .

That's awesome. We might get some home Friday night games etc.

Then we'd stop losing under lights all the time.

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAWWWW.. that is awesome awesome awesome news. As long as they dont change the hill!

FURK YEAH

CANT WAIT

The first game will go 20K+++ im sure.

$1 million will go well past lighting im sure

Holy **** - I don't believe it. Maybe there IS a god.
There is a God, MB - no doubt about that!!!!

Great news too about the lights. I am no fan of the Minister for Health but it looks like he has done the right thing by his electorate.

Now for a win on a Friday night or two. That may convince some of the doubters even more!!

Didn't penrith get a lot more then that? It is a lot better then nothing and new lights will be great but it won't really get much more then that. I think Brookie could do with a little more.

Nah I like brookie as it is. lights will make it better but the overall feel and atmosphere is great. I would possibly add a bench around the fence at the top of the hill to stand on

dont touch the hill. if change anything make a whole new stand on every side bar the hill.

How about we change the words around in your statement

"dont touch the hill. if change anything make a whole new stand on every side bar the hill."

to

"do touch the hill. if change anything make a whole new Bar stand on every side of the hill"

now that is worth it.

A new beer shed in every fee spot

Awesome news. Looks like different governments have gone all out to help Rugby League recently. 50 million+ in the gold coast for their ground, Nth Qld are about to get some funding for an upgrade to Dairy Farmer's stadium, Tigers getting a 1 million dollar loan for leichardt, Penrith with their upgrade, Kograh is getting continual support, the Victorian government pledging $100 million for the new olympic park and now it's Manly turn.

Didn't penrith get a lot more then that? It is a lot better then nothing and new lights will be great but it won't really get much more then that. I think Brookie could do with a little more.

penrith is in a very marginal electorate,

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4