Life after killer, snake and matai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What might our lineup look like without any new recruitment after these legends retire/move on or their bodies quit? possibles:
FB. Tom T
W. Lavaka
W. Jorge T
C. D Walker
C. Jesse Ramien
5/8 Tom Wright
1/2 DCE
L. J Buhrer
2nd R M Tapau
2nd R Jake T
P. B Lawrence
H. M Parcell
P. N Myles

Bench (in no particular order) and some of these will also be gone no doubt
D Lussick
B Leary
J Starling
L Brown
T Satini
T Symonds
I John
F Mateo
N Hyndes
H Pratt
Moltzen
Vave
D Kelly

It depends how far you are talking 2018 I think we will be with out them snake and Matai leave in 2017 and Lyon in 2016.

2018 side (without those 3)
1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Walker(gk)
4.Aitken/Holland/Wright(sign)
5.Ramien
6.Keary/Wright(sign)
7.Cherry-Evans(c)
8.Tamou/Asofa-Solomona(sign)
9.Parcell
10.Lawrence
11.Buhrer/Gillett(sign)
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic(vc)

14.Brown
15.Myles
16.Willaims(sign)
17.Starling

That's my preference side with players signed
If we keep the same squad without any buys

1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Walker(gk)
4.Ramien
5.Lavaka
6.Wright
7.Cherry-Evans(c)
8.Starling
9.Parcell
10.Lawrence
11.Buhrer
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic(vc)

14.Brown
15.Lussick
16.Myles
17.Fonua-Blake

For me the club should be chasing hard for Keary, Aitken And Gillett. But for those 3 replacements of the veteran 3 it's simple

-Keary in for Lyon-Walker shifts out of 5/8 back to centre and Keary goes to 5/8 from Souths and makes our backline lethal again. Or if wright becomes a star he can be our 5/8

-Aitken in for Matai-Aitken would replace Matai perfectly becoming our defensive centre. If we can't secure Aitken then wright can go to centre or we could sign Holland.

-Tom in for Snake-Tom will be ready in 2 years to replace snake and Tom will be replaced on the wing by Ramien.

Hope we get Coote- he covers all the back positions plus is a goal kicker :)

I fear for Matai's health if he goes through past this year. His heart is bigger than his sense of self preservation :angel:

He and Choc can retire on medical insurance together, reminiscing about Manly :)

What might our lineup look like without any new recruitment after these legends retire/move on or their bodies quit? possibles:
FB. Tom T
W. Lavaka
W. Jorge T
C. D Walker
C. Jesse Ramien
5/8 Tom Wright
1/2 DCE
L. J Buhrer
2nd R M Tapau
2nd R Jake T
P. B Lawrence
H. M Parcell
P. N Myles

D Lussick
B Leary
J Starling
L Brown
T Satini
T Symonds
I John
F Mateo
N Hyndes
H Pratt
Moltzen
Vave
D Kelly
Mine would be:
1. Trbojevic
2. Taufua
3. Walker
4. Ramien / Moga ( sign )
5. Feldt ( sign )
6. Coote / Moses ( sign )
7. Cherry
8. Tamou / Klemmer ( sign )
9. Parcell
10. Myles / Fonua Blake
11. Gillett ( sign )
12. Taupau
13. Trbojevic

14. Knight
15. Sue / Moa ( sign )
16. Buhrer
17. Fonua Blake / Myles

Hope we get Coote- he covers all the back positions plus is a goal kicker :)

I fear for Matai's health if he goes through past this year. His heart is bigger than his sense of self preservation :angel:

He and Choc can retire on medical insurance together, reminiscing about Manly :)
I'm really hoping we go for Coote also I think he would be a great fit and would slip straight in. Has a cool and collected demeanour with a solid running game and a very handy ball player. If I was in recruitment he would be my main target along with Tamou / Gillett

I'm really hoping we go for Coote also I think he would be a great fit and would slip straight in. Has a cool and collected demeanour with a solid running game and a very handy ball player. If I was in recruitment he would be my main target along with Tamou / Gillett
I'm starting to like the sound of Coote but are you guys thinking of him as a 5/8? If so I reckon he would be a great buy

I'm starting to like the sound of Coote but are you guys thinking of him as a 5/8? If so I reckon he would be a great buy
That's just it, he truly does have the skills from 1 to 7 :)
Thursday's win was largely due to him, great game and gave JT a rest, whilst Morgan was MIA for most of that game.

Last edited:
FB. Tom T
W. Lavaka
W. Jorge T
C. D Walker
C. Jesse Ramien
5/8 Tom Wright
1/2 DCE
L. J Buhrer
2nd R M Tapau
2nd R Jake T
P. B Lawrence
H. M Parcell
P. N Myles

D Lussick
B Leary
J Starling
L Brown
T Satini
T Symonds
I John
F Mateo
N Hyndes
H Pratt
Moltzen
Vave
D Kelly
Well for starters we did have these two young and competent backs called Peta Hiku and Clinton Gutherson....who the owners are happily paying for, to turn out for other clubs...

Last edited:
It depends how far you are talking 2018 I think we will be with out them snake and Matai leave in 2017 and Lyon in 2016.

2018 side (without those 3)
1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Walker(gk)
4.Aitken/Holland/Wright(sign)
5.Ramien
6.Keary/Wright(sign)
7.Cherry-Evans(c)
8.Tamou/Asofa-Solomona(sign)
9.Parcell
10.Lawrence
11.Buhrer/Gillett(sign)
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic(vc)

14.Brown
15.Myles
16.Willaims(sign)
17.Starling

That's my preference side with players signed
If we keep the same squad without any buys

1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Walker(gk)
4.Ramien
5.Lavaka
6.Wright
7.Cherry-Evans(c)
8.Starling
9.Parcell
10.Lawrence
11.Buhrer
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic(vc)

14.Brown
15.Lussick
16.Myles
17.Fonua-Blake

For me the club should be chasing hard for Keary, Aitken And Gillett. But for those 3 replacements of the veteran 3 it's simple

-Keary in for Lyon-Walker shifts out of 5/8 back to centre and Keary goes to 5/8 from Souths and makes our backline lethal again. Or if wright becomes a star he can be our 5/8

-Aitken in for Matai-Aitken would replace Matai perfectly becoming our defensive centre. If we can't secure Aitken then wright can go to centre or we could sign Holland.

-Tom in for Snake-Tom will be ready in 2 years to replace snake and Tom will be replaced on the wing by Ramien.
We already had the chance to sign Holland and passed

Yes most definitely if snake doesn't retire we will have him and turbo. Either way Tom will be fb.. Coote would be a solid 5/8 and add fluency to our backline

Last year everyone on here was calling hiku fat and slow and lazy and a poor defender now he"s suddenly a major loss. I know he was playing out of position but if he didn't move on would be playing nsw cup unless TB relegated Lyon or Matai to nsw cup? In reality would of been better to move Matai along and keep Hiku but there would of also been an uproar. With lyon looking to play another year and Matai signed for 2017 and Tom being promoted to first grade Hiku would of been playing in nsw cup. As for gutherson he's still just an avg winger at best and too skinny and can't tackle to play center. He is a full back but we have Tom.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6