Liam Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks for clearing that up Pappa Knight .... it is clear he is a victim of Toovey era just like Nicho Hynes

Nate Myles will be taking up the cap space it is that simple ....

Really sad to see him go. I remember watching him in the NYC GF, and he was a class above most of his team mates, and really lead by the front.

I was upset and gutted when I thought he'd signed with The Chooks last season. I'm as disappointed right now. Clubs have to cultivate, nurture and develop their local juniors.

Damn you Roosters !
Cheers Ryan, yeah it is a shame and he does have great potential, he has always been a stand out in his game even from very young all the best d

Thanks for clearing that up Pappa Knight .... it is clear he is a victim of Toovey era just like Nicho Hynes

Nate Myles will be taking up the cap space it is that simple ....
Yep it's clear cut if you're from the Toovey Era you are goooorn. Just waiting on the club's announcement regarding DCE, Buhrer, Skivy, the Turbos, and Jorge now.

DCE=====
Yep it's clear cut if you're from the Toovey Era you are goooorn. Just waiting on the club's announcement regarding DCE, Buhrer, Skivy, the Turbos, and Jorge now.[/QUOToT
Yep it's clear cut if you're from the Toovey Era you are goooorn. Just waiting on the club's announcement regarding DCE, Buhrer, Skivy, the Turbos, and Jorge now.

I think your wrong.. Toovey era started with our under 20's 2015

Knight, Pratt, Nicho Hynes, Pearsal etc etc i think they were runners up last year to Penrith

The last time Manly had a good u20's before Toovey era was the DCE, FOZ, JWH, LUSSICK, HOPOATE, BUHRER era

i think they were runners up as well

DCE=====

I think your wrong.. Toovey era started with our under 20's 2015

Knight, Pratt, Nicho Hynes, Pearsal etc etc i think they were runners up last year to Penrith

The last time Manly had a good u20's before Toovey era was the DCE, FOZ, JWH, LUSSICK, HOPOATE, BUHRER era

i think they were runners up as well
So then I guess we gotta get rid of good ol' Tommy, Bainbridge and Brad Parker aye?

So then I guess we gotta get rid of good ol' Tommy, Bainbridge and Brad Parker aye?

i am sorry feathered friend.... but as long as Nate Myles is in our side mate. I will be filthy, its that simple

i could go into more depth over and over again ... I am sure Bozo will get the right formula..

But while we are recruiting guys like Myles, Wright, Brown at the expense of some really talented youngsters that have been developed over the years will always upset me.

this has been done over and over again

giphy.gif

i am sorry feathered friend.... but as long as Nate Myles is in our side mate. I will be filthy, its that simple

i could go into more depth over and over again ... I am sure Bozo will get the right formula..

But while we are recruiting guys like Myles, Wright, Brown at the expense of some really talented youngsters that have been developed over the years will always upset me.

this has been done over and over again
We can agree on this, eff Myles, Brown and them off

if Nate Myles and Lewis Brown are in our starting 17 for another 2 years and we make the Top 8 i will be very suprised
We can agree on this, eff Myles, Brown and them off

Thats my whole problem.. They did not show respect to the old footy department by introducing Nate Myles, Wright and Brown on 3 year deals.

I can accept Walker, , Kapow, Api, AFB ( i can accept these guys replacing some of our existing roster )

But i can not accept losing blokes like Knight for Myles, Nicho Hynes etc etc etc

it is pretty simple equation ...

In 2 years time Knight will be the next JWH, Hynes will be the next cleary, Gutherson will be a rep player in blue and gold uniform

While we still have 33 year old Myles and Brown cost us our season

I am also very sorry to see Liam leave the Manly nest Papa Knight. I saw him as a first grader next year and a great combination with Jake T. I know Manly has to make careful decisions about recruitment but it seems to me recently that they have let too many talented kids go for some very ordinary replacements. Gutherson and Knight are the standouts but Whare and Hiku also come to mind. If he was shown the door because of his mistake, it demonstrates dreadful double standards happening behind the scenes.

Good luck to Liam. I hope he makes a success of himself and makes the Manly admin eat humble pie. Hope also Manly have to outlay a fortune to tempt him back if he succeeds, as I think he will.

Terribly sad Liam is going. Hope he proves the powers to be how wrong they are to let him go. Hope one day he returns to the Eagles. Please pass on our best wishes for a wonderful start at the Chooks - Papa Knight

Let's not believe the crap about "Toovey era" he was with Manly before that, he was in our system for 6 years. Clearly it's because of being part of the Des/Crusher era ;)

So we have hearsay, and somehow a pity reference to Tooves departure.

Don't get me wrong Liam may have had potential (still does) - like the Canberra Toyota cup prodigy that we signed for decent coin only to amount to nothing for us in subsequent years - but if you act the dick then you can't blame a club for shying away.

Whereas The Rorters with the "dixkheads only" policy may well fit, can't wait for the Australia Day atrocities we see on the drink next year
So Hopoate,AFB and Meehan don't fit into the dickhead category?

So Hopoate,AFB and Meehan don't fit into the dickhead category?

I'm not unhappy that Manly seem to be keeping those three. I think they'll be successful first graders. What I am more frustrated by is the number of older fringe players they seem to buy who offer little to the fortunes of the club, yet money is wasted on them while we let players like Gutho and Knight go. Says something to me about some questionable decisions made by Manly's selection process in general

I look at Knight and ask the question. If he was not good enough for Manly, why were SC so keen to get him. Sydney City are notorious for grabbing the cream of juniors and bringing them along. Those that dont make it they shed and they keep the best. Manly has so few top line local juniors (and yes I know Knight was original Central Coast material but he was with us for 6 years), that you would think those that look the goods they would give a fair go to succeed. But no. We shed Whare, Hiku, Gutherson, Hynes, Knight and even have a look at Blair for Melbourne. Several are already successes at other clubs. Why did we let them go and buy turkeys? Arthurson must be looking at what Manly are doing with horror.

I'm not unhappy that Manly seem to be keeping those three. I think they'll be successful first graders. What I am more frustrated by is the number of older fringe players they seem to buy who offer little to the fortunes of the club, yet money is wasted on them while we let players like Gutho and Knight go. Says something to me about some questionable decisions made by Manly's selection process in general

I look at Knight and ask the question. If he was not good enough for Manly, why were SC so keen to get him. Sydney City are notorious for grabbing the cream of juniors and bringing them along. Those that dont make it they shed and they keep the best. Manly has so few top line local juniors (and yes I know Knight was original Central Coast material but he was with us for 6 years), that you would think those that look the goods they would give a fair go to succeed. But no. We shed Whare, Hiku, Gutherson, Hynes, Knight and even have a look at Blair for Melbourne. Several are already successes at other clubs. Why did we let them go and buy turkeys? Arthurson must be looking at what Manly are doing with horror.
There is no logic to it.Apart from the obvious reason to keep young,local talented players,it also breeds excitement amongst local fans that kids from their area are representing their club.Not that I'm a local but it makes me sick watching Gutherson playing well in an Eels jersey while 3 very questionable characters are playing for Manly.The "bargain basement"signings Bozo is doing now are so they can throw more at Gillett but he won't be coming and for arguments sake,let say he does,is back row an issue at Manly at the moment and will he really put his heart into it?Money needs to be directed elsewhere

if Nate Myles and Lewis Brown are in our starting 17 for another 2 years and we make the Top 8 i will be very suprised

Thats my whole problem.. They did not show respect to the old footy department by introducing Nate Myles, Wright and Brown on 3 year deals.

I can accept Walker, , Kapow, Api, AFB ( i can accept these guys replacing some of our existing roster )

But i can not accept losing blokes like Knight for Myles, Nicho Hynes etc etc etc

it is pretty simple equation ...

In 2 years time Knight will be the next JWH, Hynes will be the next cleary, Gutherson will be a rep player in blue and gold uniform

While we still have 33 year old Myles and Brown cost us our season
Knight won't be the next JWH not until he fixes his discipline on and off the field, Hynes is nothing compared to Cleary comparing them to is like comparing JT to Hasson! Hynes is nothing special. Gutherson will be a rep player but not with the 6 on his back he ranks very low out of all the 5/8s in the comp. Myles and Brown did not cost our season Myles defence has been very solid and he has produced great offloads and brown has tried his hardest.

Think what you like pyjamas, I know better.
1. Irritability and grandiosity are typical symptoms of bipolar manic (if bipolar2 read manic as hypo) episodes.
2. You recognise you are bipolar
3. People with bipolar often have difficulty recognising when they are having manic episodes
4. Do you recognise you are manic now?

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7