Liam knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
How dare you say Foran bludged his way. What would you know? When did he say training was too intense under Tooves? It's obvious you are a puppet for the managment.

Manly may be able to hang on to both Foran and Cherry-Evans
  • THE AUSTRALIAN
  • FEBRUARY 10, 2015 12:00AM
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...vR2A-O_t8wRdShWbZeYmjw&bvm=bv.114733917,d.dGo

MANLY’S quest to hold on to Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans could be made easier by the NRL, which is due to enter talks with the players union that could increase the salary cap for next season.

Under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement, the Rugby League Players Association can review the game’s profitability before March 1.

Should the profit exceed projections, the RLPA reserves the right under clause 11.2 of the agreement to negotiate a potential rise in player payments for 2016 and beyond.

Manly is among the clubs most likely to benefit from any lift in the salary cap. Foran and Cherry-Evans are both weighing up their futures amid lucrative offers from elsewhere.

Foran has been linked with Parramatta, Canterbury, the Sydney Roosters and the New Zealand Warriors, while Cherry-Evans has a mega-offer on the table from the Gold Coast Titans.

The Sea Eagles have also tabled multi-million dollar contract extensions to both players but every dollar counts when you’re caught in a scrap for two of the game’s biggest stars.

“It’s too early for us to comment in detail ahead of knowing the results of the profitability review which we expect will be completed by 1 March in line with the terms of the CBA,” RLPA chief executive David Garnsey said.

“The RLPA will always pursue for our players a fair and equitable share of game revenue that can be allocated to player-funded areas including education and welfare, retirement funding and the salary cap.

“We’ll continue to consult with our members so we represent their best interests in any negotiations and once we have the financial information we look forward to sitting down with the NRL to discuss the extent to which the terms of the current CBA should be varied.”

The NRL yesterday confirmed it planned to hold talks with the RLPA. A clearer picture of the game’s finances will emerge on February 26 when the annual general meeting is held. However, it is believed profit this year may go beyond $50 million.

Meanwhile, Foran says he intends to “lap up” every second of this week’s laid-back preparations for the NRL All-Stars match on the Gold Coast amid mounting speculation he is bound for Parramatta next season. Speaking yesterday, Foran was typically coy on his future but admitted the departures of Jason King, Anthony Watmough and Glenn Stewart had taken some getting used too.

“I won’t lie, it’s been different,” Foran said. “Over probably the past two or three years now we have lost some really big personalities and really prominent figures from the group.

“You can’t expect to just replace players like that but at the same time I think the coaching staff has done a pretty good job of making the necessary adjustments as smooth as possible.”

With his future seemingly a source of constant speculation for the past six months, Foran admitted he was happy to be having a week away from the intense scrutiny which has followed him.

“It’s been different for me — as I said the club has gone through some pretty significant changes and obviously there has been a lot made about my future and Daly’s,” Foran said.

“I have said all along I wasn’t going to rush into a decision. These situations are why we have managers — so they can look after all the groundwork and when we are ready we can talk and come up with a decision.

“Being down at Manly, you know every training session, every week is intense. There is pressure to perform and it’s all very … intense is the only word I can think of.

“So to get the chance to get out of that spotlight even for just a few days and actually just get back to enjoying yourself and having a bit of fun out there.

“I don’t think I am alone in saying this is a week we all look forward to being a part of.”

Why don't you ring up Bozo and Barrett and explain how you feel, I'm sure they'll sack the young kid immediately.
What a shame . Looks like he's been pushed , good luck wherever he goes . If he hang on for one more year in reserve grade anything could have happened for him .gen x a!

See what's happens. We have spent a lot in last 6 months to eat cap.
If club want him they can keep him, Mateo off contract and a few other. But it depends if he in bozo plans.

Have I missed something? Why is everyone waving the white flag in regards to Liam?

All players receive offers from rival clubs but he stated he's happy & settled at Manly.

If Manly want him & pay him accordingly I see no reason why he'll go.

We'll also have money to spend come season's end so if he's in our plans & good enough I think Bozo has the sway to match anything the Roosters can offer.

Until something formal gets lodged by the Roosters we can still sign him, even then we'll have 10 days.

If he turns out to be a great NRL prospect hen hopefully we keep him. If not, hopefully the Roosters pay huge overs.

What some of you expect Papa to give us a day by day account of how negotiations are going? I would think some of the comments about Liam generally could have been reason enouhlgh for Papa to stay clear.

I say respect to the old man for coming and having a chat, and opening up about how proud he is of his son. So of you are very very hard pleased. Given an inch take a mile.

If he stays thats great and if he goes, oh well he has never played first grade so we won't miss him. We cant go paying ridiculous money on a possibility. These type of players that have no runs on the board looking for big cash are frought with danger for a club. We are only speculating that he will be great but no one knows. I can see why he would keep quiet about agreeing with the Chooks after watching what has happened to that young bloke Tapine at the Knights that has signed with the Raiders.
This whole thing could be his manager pushing Barrett to play him in first grade so he can get seen and increase his value, but i would think it is his manager trying to drive up the price and get him signed before he plays first grade just in case he doesn't make a huge impact like many think he will. Me i'm not totally sold that he is a big money prospect yet, my prediction is he is a carbon copy of Darcy Lussick. He was a firebrand prop that had all the potential but as yet hasn't lived up to the hype or the $450K that Parra shelled out. I'm guessing Knight will be the same. I'm not spending another year worrying about another player that throws out the same old lines of "Im happy here I want to stay but i would be happy to go also" "I'm just letting my manager sort it out" "I love Manly but I am open to other offers". Its all too draining.

For every jwh there is 10 Karl filigas. He stays well he better pull his head in and earn every dollar, he goes it will be on good coin and every 6-8 year forward will try and smash him. Either way I think we will be fine.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14