• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

is it a mistake to keep Lewis?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ryan

Journey Man
Haha now that's a comeback, you need get your stuff, head @king2213 house (not sure if he has a house or bridge) and give him some comebacks.

But, we DO need to make many, many more line-breaks. That's why plods like Myles, Brown and others need to be looked at. Buhrer could break the line. Brown couldn't break apart a piece of cotton candy with his tongue on a hot summers day.

Holmsey

Bencher
But, we DO need to make many, many more line-breaks. That's why plods like Myles, Brown and others need to be looked at. Buhrer could break the line. Brown couldn't break apart a piece of cotton candy with his tongue on a hot summers day.
We need some good hole runners, we just offloaded one of our best in Buhrer or maybe try to get more offloads away.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Time to look at what we have, not who we lost....the old 1/2 empty theory thrives on this site.
In fact....with the addition of Green & the Lane Train....plus ...a better run with injuries....will compete with the best.
Buhrer is the only player booted that personally...think we will miss.
Lyon is the main loss imo, but simply a part of life.
2 more players to come that will be in the top 17 so get ready for a much IMPROVED 2017.

king2213

Reserve Grader
the highly respected QLD assistant coach walked out on our club :)

it is obvious the rot is at the top...

i will get much pleasure of watching the circus act of Myles, Uate, Brown in 17 knowing who is responsible for all this mess.

Immortal you say ?????? LMAO please

king2213

Reserve Grader
I must have been on some serious drugs this year as I swear I saw Lewis Brown playing in the centres, not sure I can recall Buhrer playing hooker either for that matter.

how many games and big deal ...... centres are suppose to be busy positions ... that is even worse

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
We need some good hole runners, we just offloaded one of our best in Buhrer or maybe try to get more offloads away.

To have effective hole runners requires several things 1) the timing and commitment of the runner and 2) the ball carrier either having the skill to open a hole or the vision and anticipation to see a hole opening.

Walker, Api and Parcell were all very ordinary in the latter. I am hoping Parcell has the talent to improve in this area with more game time and experience.

Green should improve this aspect of our game.

Holmsey

Bencher
the highly respected QLD assistant coach walked out on our club :)

it is obvious the rot is at the top...

i will get much pleasure of watching the circus act of Myles, Uate, Brown in 17 knowing who is responsible for all this mess.

Immortal you say ?????? LMAO please
That highly respected QLD coach was a defensive coach have a look at our 2016 defence stats, hardly did his job.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I'm hoping we just havent seen the best of Brown. He's playing in the NZ test side so he must have something we havent seen yet at Manly. Mind you playing centre for much of the year didnt show us much of his ability. He was solid, defensively did his job, but made no impression in attack. I'm hoping he's not with Manly as a retirement boost. Maybe we'll see something better when he plays consistently in the forwards. Hopefully Barrett has realised by now that like Walker at five eighth, Brown is not a centre

double hoops

First Grader
I'm hoping we just havent seen the best of Brown. He's playing in the NZ test side so he must have something we havent seen yet at Manly. Mind you playing centre for much of the year didnt show us much of his ability. He was solid, defensively did his job, but made no impression in attack. I'm hoping he's not with Manly as a retirement boost. Maybe we'll see something better when he plays consistently in the forwards. Hopefully Barrett has realised by now that like Walker at five eighth, Brown is not a centre
Let's be optimistic, perhaps he was injured in everyone of the 26 games he played this year. He showed absolutely nothing in the back row. Terrible in the centre. Believe it or not he goes OK at hooker. I did say OK.

Holmsey

Bencher
He's played pretty well tonight at utility and considering his dummy half runs are his strength I'd be getting him playing hooker to give the starter a rest and cover injury. Back to utility for Brown instead of 80 minute roles.

Ryan

Journey Man
He played in a side that was easily beaten tonight. I thought he was average to ok. Same as he has been for us.

Nowhere near as bad as some make out.

But Manly isn't just "ok" or "average".

He needs to really lift his game. Watch his intensity in the 2011 GF. That's what we need from him.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Lewis Brown Squeezed out of Brookvale?

Manly Utility Lewis Brown is believed to have been told he is free to look for a new home before the start of the 2017 season.

Brown, 30, signed a 3-year contract with the Sea Eagles starting in 2016 and although Brown played all 24 games in 2016, coach Trent Barrett cannot guarantee him a spot in his best 17 for next season.

With the inclusions of Curtis Sironen, Lloyd Perrett, Shaun Lane and the recent signing of utility/halfback Jackson Hastings, it is expected Brown will fall down the pecking order in Coach Barrett squad.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14