Let's revisit The Des Departure

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark I seem to remember Phil Sidney justifying his KPI request in the press , unless you may have more info than I am privy to.
Definitely they wanted his spending reined in though.

Dave Perry and I spoke weekly during that period, the KPI's were simply " rules to rein him in " , they in no way were the make or break of De$ leaving.

There also the unspoken issue of our salary cap position, let me say this, if De$ had remained we'd have been in deep Doo Doo.

He was out of control, and didn't like being told!!

He's no doubt a fair coach BUT he's a megalomaniac, I reiterate for me........no thanks.

But doesn't mean I think Twenty is the saviour!!

Bob Reilly and Des didn't see eyes to eye. Reilly wanted Des gone for years and Toovey as his replacement.
I sat in a box with Reilly on a rainy day when the Broncos beat us by a few and Reilly was not too happy with Des.
My understanding is Toovey ran most of the drills and put the players through there paces in 2011.

Maybe he was the super coach and Des was the face of the team. Tooves record is pretty good and if you take out 2015 with the shocking injuries and a certain player throwing games we might have gone alright.

@proshenks
Adrian Proszenko
Steve Mortimer resigns as director, Des Hasler to coach @NRL_Bulldogs in 2017 #NRL

I guess that's it then. Des is gone!!!!

That last article is particularly instructive. His appallingly rude email to Perry telling him to keep quiet and make an appointment, and waiting outside someone's house to poach them.

"Peter Peters shouldn't be here, he's not a professional, and he doesn't know what he's doing ..."
Des wasn't right about everything, but occasionally his insights were telling…

When Dollar Des leaves the Dogs (who really cares when), he will go to the Dragons. As sure as day follows night.

We have been burned by the megalomania of Des, amd its now led to him outstayong his welcome at the Dogs.

The only club that will allow him to play God , as he loves to, with 100% control, is the Dragons.

When Dollar Des leaves the Dogs (who really cares when), he will go to the Dragons. As sure as day follows night.

We have been burned by the megalomania of Des, amd its now led to him outstayong his welcome at the Dogs.

The only club that will allow him to play God , as he loves to, with 100% control, is the Dragons.
Do they train in Wollongong?

Do they train in Wollongong?

I am.not sure to be honest.

But I am guessing they do as when Bennett was their coach he lived in Woolongong.

But I guess the drive from Wooloongong to Kogarah would be OK compared to Collaroy to Wooloongong...

See what you are saying though.

But I think Dessy would rather a longer drive for a dictatorship. Amd with his $$$ he could find a nice little 3 bedroom fixer-a-upperer by the water down there

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6