Let's organise a game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagleE

Reserve Grader
Let's organise a game between the Manly fans and say the Parra fans or any other teams fans. This will give us something to look forward to during the long off season. It can be held at Brooky to help with any withdrawal pains lots of us are haveing here.
We can make up our own rules. It can be made up of purely non professional players or players from the local A Grade league.I put my hand up to be a prop. Probably last 2 minutes than drop dead. But hey, least I will die on Brooky Oval and fulfilled a long dream of actuall playing on that beautiful patch of grass.

I think you would have a better chance organising a game of Oz Tag and running it at a local park which is neutral to all.

If I am around I am a registered level 2 (going on level 3 shortly) Oz Tag ref so can ref it no worries

could there be a tournament organsied against fans of all the clubs? if anyone has the time.

There used to be a day of touch or such between fans of the various clubs held at Benaud Oval, not far from the cemetery and Slime Stadium at Parramatta. Some Parra fans used to organise it and by all reports it was a good day. Not sure how to find out - maybe some of the Rockers of old know about it. Dvs Matt used to play if memory serves me correctly.

Canteen Worker link said:
There used to be a day of touch or such between fans of the various clubs held at Benaud Oval, not far from the cemetery and Slime Stadium at Parramatta. Some Parra fans used to organise it and by all reports it was a good day. Not sure how to find out - maybe some of the Rockers of old know about it. Dvs Matt used to play if memory serves me correctly.

I played in this  for  2  years , first  year was great  well run organized etc, 2nd year was terrible  too much arguing and Fighting between  teams , The  Bulldogs  team  being a standout  as total clowns  , if its  organized  well its a  great  day , We lost in the  Grand Final the first year :)

Like I said you would be better of running it as a knockout style comp and run it as Oz Tag.

Grab a few registered refs (i would donate my time, as long as any moneys were going for both paying for the day and the rest to charity)

However it would have to be in a time I am already in Sydney as I wouldn't pay to come down and ref, it sure isn't fun being the man in the middle.

Slightly off topic, but how would you instantly recognise one of the other teams?
For the Parra team it would be by their lack of mouthguards!
Any others folks (it is the off-season)?

ManlyBacker link said:
Slightly off topic, but how would you instantly recognise one of the other teams?

You need to keep an eye on whats behind them. It glistens.

A step in that slime trail could lead to a bad ankle injury.

you know if this game is played as tackle rule there will be fights??& if you get sent off whats going to be your punishment nothing , might as well play red rover cross over  ....

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=185742.msg302061#msg302061 date=1286849502]

You need to keep an eye on whats behind them. It glistens.

A step in that slime trail could lead to a bad ankle injury.
[/quote]

or an infection

I'm tipping it wont be hard to spot the NZ team. Actually it seems they already have a mascot.

sheep1.jpg

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=185742.msg302096#msg302096 date=1286857268]
I'm tipping it wont be hard to spot the NZ team. Actually it seems they already have a mascot.

sheep1.jpg
Is he related to Willo/Bailey's goat???
[/quote]

CW my advice, if you cant tell thats a "ewe" dont ever go to Thailand mate

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4