Let's go back to one Referee.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Bencher
I know it won't happen, especially with KFC dominating every decision. But I watched the NYC between Manly and St George, and I enjoyed the fast flowing game with one Ref and a couple of touchies, actually earning their pay! Sure there were a couple of times I thought, "not sure if that was the right decision", but they weren't stopping every try and going upstairs to the bunker, who gets it wrong most the time anyway.

It was a pleasure to see one man putting his bollock on the line and calling the try! Take me back to one Referee please!

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
I know it won't happen, especially with KFC dominating every decision. But I watched the NYC between Manly and St George, and I enjoyed the fast flowing game with one Ref and a couple of touchies, actually earning their pay! Sure there were a couple of times I thought, "not sure if that was the right decision", but they weren't stopping every try and going upstairs to the bunker, who gets it wrong most the time anyway.

It was a pleasure to see one man putting his bollock on the line and calling the try! Take me back to one Referee please!
The thing was though they had no bunker "assistance" they reffed like they were free of pressure. It always seems the case in these games or SL games from the UK.
I'll be very surprised if the stupid NRL change anything.
They are just too dopey to listen and the last I heard from that bald headed mug on the issue was it's here to stay.
I give up in despair and will believe it when I see it but will still have my doubts even then.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I'm strongly for the one ref arrangement for several reasons, and primarily because two refs means two differing interpretations of the rules which is confusing to the fans and no doubt to the players. The game doesn't need it if it uses what it has effectively and not as some make shift arrangement as it presently is.

To me its simple. The ref handles all issues directly relating to the ball and what happens around it. Away from this play should be left to the linesmen, including offside play. A ref has no way of seeing everything around him. But a linesman, especially if lined up with the linesman on the other side has a clear view with only 20-30 degrees span of vision of all that is happening behind the play. They should be constantly informing the ref of such incidents.

The video refs should be like the linesmen. Advising the ref of illegalities in play. And if the ref is uncertain about a try being scored, he should say 'I didnt have a clear vision of play. Please assist' and then allow the video people determine whether a try has been scored. But they should not make decisions about off side play unless there is introduced a computer line across the field, such as was used by some with the Walker 'non try that was a try'.

And the refs should be given a post game assessment, to identify areas that need improvement or where mistakes are made. Repeated mistakes and they are dropped and the public are made aware of this just like the players. Refs deserve respect, but not made protected species. They are paid well and need to be answerable just as the players are. Its a professional game and big money is involved, so they like the players must be at the top of their game.

Bencher
I know the NRL wants the revenue from the sponsors like KFC, or whomever, and they can still get this by introducing 2 Captains challenges each half, for both teams. We could have used one in the Dylan Walker offside try, and maybe turned the result around. The Storm try a few weeks ago was at least 2 metres forward, and cost Parra the finals. They would have been wise to go to the bunker, if they could rule on forward passes.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
12 6 6 -39 14