Let's Deliberately Kick The Ball Into The Refs....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have to play dirty to win against this obvious bias. Hold the ball in the scrum for longer so the opposition breaks early. Feign our play the balls every now and then for a few extra seconds so the opposition is offside. Throw passes into the refs for a free scrum feed. Run at the refs so they dont know where the phuck to stand etc

Come on now, do you seriously think those actions will go in our favour. If the ref boss can come out and say that a pass was ok/legal, that everyone including bellamy agreed was forward, do you think they won't find some reason to penalise us for such actions. We would get a player sent off for assaulting the ref, or binned for upsetting the opposition players. There is no end to their non-commonsense

This idea reminds me of the movie ‘The Replacements’ with Keanu Reeves (I think)
Or maybe it’s in Varsity Blues.. The quarterback throws the ball hard at a corrupt touch judge to take him out of the game and the other refs take the tip and start ruling fair calls. It works in Hollywood..

This idea reminds me of the movie ‘The Replacements’ with Keanu Reeves (I think)
Or maybe it’s in Varsity Blues.. The quarterback throws the ball hard at a corrupt touch judge to take him out of the game and the other refs take the tip and start ruling fair calls. It works in Hollywood..
You were right the first time with The Replacements! One of my favorite movies lol!

The same ploy was also used in that Adam Sandler movie The Longest Yard, if my memory serves me correctly!
I

You were right the first time with The Replacements! One of my favorite movies lol!

The same ploy was also used in that Adam Sandler movie The Longest Yard, if my memory serves me correctly!
I
the sandler movie(including that gag) was a remake of 'the longest yard' with burt reynolds starring as paul crewe.
funny movie-much better than the remake

The Dogs kicked the ball into the referee to get that extra set in the semifinal vs Manly we lost 17-16 or whatever. The game that the Dogs 5/8th was a mile offside & not penalised for blocking what would have been Manly's winning field goal.

And last Sat night in the 2nd half a Storm ball carrier collided with the referee in the Storm half of the field when Manly were ahead by 1 point. That incident under the rules i think is required to be scrum too with a feed to the attacking team (Manly). So there was an accident not pulled up. Then Manly go penalised for an accidental offside.

I

It IS a dam good movie innit!

I think you’re right too about ‘the longest yard’ remake. I can’t recall if Burt Reynolds did it too but Adam Sandler certainly did.
If only it worked out like that in real life haha

In varsity blues they have the same tactic but instead of a ref, he takes out the mascot. That would be hilarious to see too!

We have to play dirty to win against this obvious bias. Hold the ball in the scrum for longer so the opposition breaks early. Feign our play the balls every now and then for a few extra seconds so the opposition is offside. Throw passes into the refs for a free scrum feed. Run at the refs so they dont know where the phuck to stand etc

Just jump the fence and lay a coathanger on one of their players when they make a break, and kick the ref in the balls enroute to your escape.

It's already part of our game plan, except the ball keeps missing the refs and shanking into touch

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8