Let's all laugh at the lying rodent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man

The 33-year parliamentary career of John Howard ended today when he finally conceded defeat in Bennelong and congratulated the woman who beat him, Labor's Maxine McKew.

"It was very long campaign and it was a tough campaign and I have no complaints," he told a poll declaration ceremony at Chatswood.

"The Labor Party won the seat fairly and squarely.

"This is a wonderful exercise in democracy. You can count on the fingers of one hand the countries which have remained democracies for over 100 years.

"It is a privilege to be part of that process. And, to see such a seamless transfer of power is a remarkable tribute to the durability of democracy in this country and an example to the rest of the world.

"I wish the new Government well and my own party well.

"I know that in Opposition it will stay true to the ideals upon which it was founded.

"Above all I wish Australia well because, as I have often said, things that unite us as Australians are greater and more enduring than the things that divide us."

Mr Howard had held the Bennelong electorate in Sydney since 1974 and he is only the second serving prime minister in Australian history to be dumped at the ballot box.

Electoral Commission officials formally declared Ms McKew the winner by 44,685 votes to Mr Howard's 42,251.

I thought he got smashed in the voting, although I did not take much notice as I was in Thailand.

Sometimes you clowns can redefine churlish with a photo of yourselves.

I'm no great Johnny lover but give him a break, if he'd come out spitting the dummy you would have been up him for being a bad loser.

I just realised I have been back in the country for a week and Don't even know who won my electorate, can nyone enlighten me who Macquarie, I cant be arsed looking it up.

Debus won Macquarie and is in Cabinet. Bathurst did really well out of the election. Orange and Dubbo get arsed because they are owned by the National schmucks.

Ah ok, doesnt really surprise me.

Although it is still beyond me why we are in the same electorate of the ferals and yuppie wannabees also known as the Blue Mountains, just a thinly veiled to get rid of Andren, pity is it turned out to be uneccessary, a big loss to the parliament and the community in General.

I am with you Fro, I have no idea who won mine, actually I dont even know the name of my electorate. I think Joe Hockey would have won it though, pretty sure he was a strong favourite.

Ah ok, doesnt really surprise me.

Although it is still beyond me why we are in the same electorate of the ferals and yuppie wannabees also known as the Blue Mountains, just a thinly veiled to get rid of Andren, pity is it turned out to be uneccessary, a big loss to the parliament and the community in General.

Be thankful you're in a marginal seat mate. Cobb (who jumped ship to Orange based Calare) when asked what he had delivered in 11 years representing Dubbo, could only point to a security fence around Dubbo airport. The new schmuck (we're in Parkes) made the biggest funding announcement for Dubbo pre-election of a roof on a 100 year old grandstand. woo, bloody hoo.

So while a 2nd year medical registrar is running the Dubbo Base ED on night shifts (servicing a footprint of 100,000 people) we see all the infrastructure going to Orange (including the oncology unit) and Bathurst. It's a complete joke considering the geography.

Isn't health a State Issue??? Need to get onto them for health staffing. The feds only fund things, whilst they pour about 20% of our GST revenue to QLD and SA etc

yep, sometimes the Bx/Orange rivalry works well, blind freddy can tell that we dont need comparable hospitals 1/2 an hour apart while further west has stuff all. mind you Orange hospital is archaic.

but there are powerful lobbys in both towns, as you say the marginal seat has a bit of clout

Isn't health a State Issue??? Need to get onto them for health staffing. The feds only fund things, whilst they pour about 20% of our GST revenue to QLD and SA etc

Plenty of money splashed about on hospitals in the last Federal campaign!

Yeah health and education are state issues, but they fugged it up so bad in both cases that they shouldnt be

Now we know why Clon is like most city slickers and gets his services from the bush.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6