Let the DCE rumours start again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Eagles2nv said:
mickqld said:
15.5% on 1 player is not feasible. Too many others will have to be sacrificed to suit and that will cause division especially if it's a long server.

Well if we sign up DCE and Foz long term and the NRL introduced new long term allowances we can still keep an array of good players. Most importantly we need a quality predecessor to snake (most likely Gutherson).

The storm post cheating built a consistent strong team with just 3 marquee players.

Sorry to be pedantic but I think that you mean a successor to Snake instead of a predecessor (goes or comes before) to him. Other than that, I agree with you :)

Jethro said:
Eagles2nv said:
mickqld said:
15.5% on 1 player is not feasible. Too many others will have to be sacrificed to suit and that will cause division especially if it's a long server.

Well if we sign up DCE and Foz long term and the NRL introduced new long term allowances we can still keep an array of good players. Most importantly we need a quality predecessor to snake (most likely Gutherson).

The storm post cheating built a consistent strong team with just 3 marquee players.

Sorry to be pedantic but I think that you mean a successor to Snake instead of a predecessor (goes or comes before) to him. Other than that, I agree with you :)

Haha, yeah i did mean successor (word fail :blush:)

Moondog said:
They keep talking up his value in the Courier Mail. He should be worth about $10 million by next weekend...

Pffft the boncos mail. I thought the DT was garbage but it's pulizer prize winning compared to that fish and chip paper.

Eagles2nv said:
manly are apprently prepared to offer him $1m a season
Imagine if he signed that deal, only to find out that $1m did not mean one million dollars, but just one measly dollar. We'd have plenty of cap space (though we might have a slightly disgruntled halfback)

mickqld said:

i'd rather 15.5% on a top quality half back than 13% on a front rower!

castle eagle said:
mickqld said:

i'd rather 15.5% on a top quality half back than 13% on a front rower!

The difference is we are operating under a salary cap whereas the 13% mob are operating under Toddy's rules.

mickqld said:
Sheikheagle said:
Just on 2mmm from Brisbane correspondent that DCE has agreed to terms to stay with Manly for $1m a season. I think he said 2years.
That's just too much for a $6.45 million cap. We'll lose Gifty for sure now.
mmmm,I wonder if he was one of the players that warned Manly not to cut Gifty,because his new contract wont help that

How a "Brisbane correspondent" would have accurate news on a Manly salary is hard to believe. But, even if close to the truth, DCE is probably worth it when you consider he plays every minute of every game. Compare that to the reported $750,000 for Fifita who never plays a full game, is often injured or suspended, and rarely has the impact on a match of DCE.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6